Atlas VPN works in Japan, providing unrestricted access to geo-restricted platforms like Crunchyroll through its 1000+ global servers in 40+ countries.
And since Atlas VPN guarantees unlimited bandwidth, you can watch your favorite shows on NHK without buffering and play Dota 2 with low pings.
Keep reading for more on using Atlas VPN in Japan.
How to Unblock Content With Atlas VPN in Japan?
- Enable the kill switch. Go to Settings > Security > Kill Switch and toggle it on.
- Go to Settings > Protocol and select your preferred protocol. I recommend WireGuard, as it lets you enjoy fast speeds for Animax without security risks.
- Connect to your preferred server. I recommend a server location for the platform you want to access—for instance, a Canadian server to kick ass in Mortal Kombat (which is banned in Japan).
- That’s it. Now, you can access a plethora of geo-locked content from Japan. I used the New Jersey – US server to stream NCIS on Netflix!
How to Get a Japanese IP With Atlas VPN?
With these steps to get a Japanese IP with Atlas VPN, you can access your MUFG Bank account and other local Japanese apps while traveling.
- Launch the Atlas VPN app.
- Search for or scroll to find Japan and click it to connect to the server.
- Once it connects, you’ll get a Japanese IP address.
I used the Japanese IP to access the NHK NEWS & Disaster Info app to get updates on possible roadblocks during my visit to Osaka.
What's the Best Atlas VPN Server for Japan?
The best Atlas VPN server for Japan is the Japan server if you’re accessing Japanese content like God-Eater Pachi and your MUFG Bank account.
For instance, I tested the Japanese server with Netflix and streamed “Classroom of the Elite” at an average speed of 9Mbps over my base speed of 23Mbps.
I could also download the movie “Goketsu Jiraiya (Jiraiya the Hero) ” at an average speed of 500kb/s using FrostWire with the Japanese server.
But if you want content outside Japan, you can connect to the server location of the content you need access to. For instance, while vacationing on Naoshima island, I could access US Netflix to watch Dolly Parton: Here I Am.
As for the best protocol, I recommend WireGuard for speed and security.
So, if you want to get in touch with friends before a fun night in Shibuya, WireGuard ensures fast speed and security when using My UQ.
Atlas VPN doesn’t have free Japanese servers. But by upgrading to the premium plan, you can get a Japanese IP to stream U-Next or complete online payments with LINE Pay. Atlas VPN is also affordable, so you don’t have to empty your wallet to subscribe.
I recommend the 3-year plan for the most savings.
Unblock Content in Japan With Atlas VPN
Atlas VPN is a great option for unblocking geo-restricted content in Japan, like Netflix US, Hulu, and BBC iPlayer. Plus, if you’re using public WiFi in a manga cafe, connecting to any of Atlas VPN’s servers will protect your data.
Best of all, you can set it up in minutes using my guide!
Ready to unlock internet freedom in Japan? Here are the BEST Atlas VPN deals to get started.