ExpressVPN works in Alberta, and you can use the VPN service provider to unblock content or safely download torrents without alerting Bell/TELUS.
Alternatively, you can use ExpressVPN’s servers to securely connect to gaming peers in/from Alberta without fearing DDoS attacks.
Likewise, ExpressVPN’s encryption on all servers means you don’t have to worry about the public Wi-Fi operators at the Chuck E. Cheese in Edmonton, Thai Bistro in Calgary, or anywhere else in the province.
How about we get to how you can properly set up ExpressVPN in Alberta?
How to Use ExpressVPN on Mobile and PC in Alberta?
ExpressVPN provides apps for smartphone and PC users. The best part is that these easy-to-use apps are similar-looking, so you can set them up almost the same way.
- Got your ExpressVPN account? Grab these HUGE discounts to save on your first purchase.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app. I recommend getting the app from mobile app stores (for smartphone users) or via the ExpressVPN download page (for PC users).
- Launch the app and log in with your email and password. You may also be required to enter an account activation code sent to your email.
- Click the big power button to connect to ExpressVPN’s fastest available server. Otherwise, check the section below for how to choose the best server.
- Enjoy ExpressVPN’s unblocking, protection, and privacy in Alberta.
How to Use ExpressVPN on Smart TVs and Gaming Consoles in Alberta?
ExpressVPN doesn’t have native apps for smart TVs and gaming consoles.
However, it supports these devices using its MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) and router setup methods.
To use the MediaStreamer:
- Get an ExpressVPN account.
- Configure MediaStreamer from your account. I’ve linked a short video below to help you with that.
- Change your smart TV or gaming console’s Smart DNS address to the MediaStreamer details. You can watch the video above to change the DNS settings on your TV.
- Unblock content on these units with your ExpressVPN account.
Alternatively, you can set up ExpressVPN on a compatible router to encrypt the connection on your smart TV, gaming console, streaming units, and other devices without native VPN app support.
- Got your ExpressVPN plan handy? Grab these discount deals otherwise.
- Install ExpressVPN on your router. The video guide below should help you with the process.
- Ensure to select a server in a location where you want to unblock content. For example, choose the US server to access CNN and Netflix US.
- Connect your PlayStation, Xbox console, smart TV, or other streaming units to the router.
- Enjoy DDoS protection while gaming, get early access to games, unblock content, and stay anonymous while streaming.
What’s the Best ExpressVPN Server & Protocol for Alberta?
The best ExpressVPN protocol for Alberta is its proprietary Lightway protocol, guaranteeing fast speeds on automatic obfuscation across all servers.
Thus, it hides all traces of VPN traffic from your internet sessions, granting you access to censored content and evading firewall VPN blocks.
I recommend the Lightway – UDP protocol over the TCP variant as it’s faster and usually more stable on some networks.
But which server should you connect to?
The best ExpressVPN server in Alberta depends on whether you want to unblock content abroad, secure your local internet experience, download torrent files securely, or get DDoS protection.
I’ve created a simple table below to help you quickly determine the best server.
|Unblock content||Choose a server in a region where content is available||US server for Netflix US; UK server for BBC iPlayer|
|Secure internet||Any server, preferably the closest server||Canada – Toronto server|
|Get DDoS protection||Any server, since they’re all equipped with anti-DDoS security||All 3000+ servers in 94 countries|
|Download torrents securely||Fast servers with P2P support||All 3000+ servers since they’re P2P-supported|
|Public Wi-Fi protection||Servers with encryption and privacy functions||All 3000+ servers|
Frequently Asked Questions
You can connect to ExpressVPN to download torrents safely and securely in Alberta. The VPN service provider offers 3000+ servers that are all P2P-optimized, ensuring fast download speeds and reliable torrent website unblocking.
Likewise, ExpressVPN is compatible with major torrent clients like Deluge, Vuze, uTorrent, BitTorrent, and qBitTorrent. On top of that, you get port forwarding (via routers) for faster torrent downloads and secure torrent seeding.
ExpressVPN doesn’t have VPN servers in Alberta, so you can’t get an IP address in the province or its local communities. However, you can still get a Canadian IP address on ExpressVPN by connecting to its Toronto, Vancouver, or Montreal servers.
Thus, you retain access to local content (like CBC), can unblock your Toronto-Dominion online bank platform abroad, and connect to Canadian gaming peers anywhere.
Strong Online Security in the Energy Province
Whether you’re a fan of torrent files, love streaming geo-restricted content, or want to keep the 14 Eyes out of your internet data, ExpressVPN has you covered.
You’ll also love that it’s compatible with mobile devices, PCs, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming units in multiple ways.
And while the VPN might be costly, you can save with these ExpressVPN discounts.