IPVanish works in Houston. It also offers a Houston server.
So, you can surf the web safely from Houston or access your Bank of Houston account abroad. You can also livestream FOX26 Houston without buffering.
Keep reading to learn how to use IPVanish in Houston and while traveling.
How to Use IPVanish in Houston?
- From the deals page, choose your preferred IPVanish plan. I recommend the 2-year plan, as it offers killer value with its long-term savings.
- Fill in your email address and choose your preferred payment. You can review the payment breakdowns and your subscription details before completing the payment.
- Download and install IPVanish onto your preferred devices. For this tutorial, I’m using a Windows PC.
- After downloading the VPN app, open it and enter your account information. Click “Log In.”
- Once you’re logged in, click “Connect” to auto-connect to the optimal server closest to your location.
- Now you can connect to any server worldwide from Houston and browse the web securely!
How to Get a Houston-Based IP Address With IPVanish?
If you’re outside Houston and need a temporary, Houston-based IP address, you can connect to IPVanish’s Houston server. Here are the steps:
- Open the IPVanish app and find the Locations pane from the left-side menu.
- Search for “Houston” in the Search Locations bar.
- Double-click the city name to connect, and voila, you’re in!
- You can now securely access your Houston bank account or stream region-specific news channels online.
Does WireGuard Work With IPVanish Houston Server?
The WireGuard protocol works well with the IPVanish Houston server.
However, speeds vary depending on your physical proximity to Houston.
The closer you are to the server, the faster the speeds and better the performance.
For example, I’m 9,655 miles from Houston, and this is my base speed:
While connected to the Houston server with the WireGuard protocol activated, the speed fell by nearly 30 Mbps:
This was expected since the server is so far. The good news is, I could still log into my Bank of Houston account and access HoustonBTV without interruptions.
Does IPVanish OpenVPN Scramble Work With Houston Server?
IPVanish’s Houston server works with OpenVPN Scramble.
Here’s the speed test result from connecting to the Houston server with this protocol enabled:
Compared to the WireGuard protocol, OpenVPN Scramble’s speed was almost 14 Mbps slower.
Still, I recommend pairing OpenVPN Scramble with the Houston server if your primary concern is privacy. For example, if you’re traveling to China or the UAE and still want to access Houston News from KHOU 11 app.
Otherwise, choose WireGuard for its speed and reliability.
Make the Best of Houston With IPVanish
You can set up IPVanish in or out of Houston in 5 minutes or less.
After that, you can stream, download, and browse Houston content worldwide.
Or you can hide your activities from your ISP, like AT&T or Verizon, to access international content.
Don’t forget these amazing IPVanish deals for killer savings!