PrivateVPN works with Craigslist and can help you access the classifieds platform securely from anywhere. This is thanks to PrivateVPN’s 200+ server locations spread across 63 countries, allowing you to unblock local Craigslist versions in supported regions.
Read on to learn more about using PrivateVPN to access Craigslist.
How to Access Craigslist With PrivateVPN?
Using PrivateVPN to access Craigslist is pretty straightforward. Below is a step-by-step guide to get it done:
- Purchase your preferred PrivateVPN plan. Claim this exclusive discount to save more.
- Download and Install the PrivateVPN app on your preferred device.
- Log in to your PrivateVPN account using your credentials.
- Enable Kill Switch, DNS leak protection, and IPv6 leak protection. PC users should go through “Connection Guard” and toggle the corresponding icons.
- Enable Stealth VPN. Go through “Stealth VPN” to toggle it on.
- Go to the server list and select your preferred location to access Craigslist. I recommend servers in Los Angeles, Seattle, or New York if you only want to unblock the service.
- Log in to your Craigslist profile to enjoy the platform like you’re in your server region.
- Browse Craigslist’s categories or post adverts specific to the region where your server is located.
Can't Access Craigslist With PrivateVPN? Here Are Some Quick Fixes
If you’re having a hard time accessing Craigslist using your VPN, here are some workarounds:
- Change your VPN server: You can get a fresh IP address that Craigslist hasn’t blacklisted by changing servers.
- Use the obfuscation feature: The obfuscation feature, also known as Stealth VPN on PrivateVPN, masks your connection as regular internet traffic and makes it harder for Craigslist to identify your VPN usage.
- Use a dedicated IP address: Using PrivateVPN’s dedicated IP addresses ensures you get a new IP address never used before. This reduces the chances of using an IP address that Craigslist has previously blacklisted.
- Clear your browser cookies: This will remove location metadata saved on your browser which may interfere with PrivateVPN’s ability to unblock Craigslist from your new VPN IP address.
- Contact customer support: If the above fixes fail, contact PrivateVPN’s customer support to resolve the connectivity issues.
What's the Best PrivateVPN Server for Craigslist?
The best PrivateVPN server for Craigslist varies based on your needs.
This includes your preferred Craigslist location and what you intend to do on the site.
For instance, if you’re in South Africa and want to post a Los Angeles job ad, you should connect to the Los Angeles server. Just ensure that you enable the PrivateVPN Kill Switch to prevent accidental exposure.
Otherwise, you can connect to a nearby server to unblock your local CL without exposing your IP address to hackers on the platform. You can also connect to your local server if you’re traveling to view classifieds in your region while abroad.
You can use PrivateVPN during the Craigslist verification process.
However, the verification process requires you to provide your phone number to verify your identity. In that case, a VPN won’t help hide your phone number’s area code.
Access Craigslist With PrivateVPN Today
PrivateVPN is a great option to access Craigslist whether you want to view a classified in another region or evade a wrongful IP ban. It also has impressive security features, including the Kill Switch, Stealth Mode, DNS leak protection, and IPv6 leak protection to protect you from hackers and ensure CL doesn’t find out you’re using a VPN.
Finally, you have enough server locations to choose for local Craigslist access in multiple locations. So, grab this amazing PrivateVPN discount and browse Craigslist stress-free!