You can play FFXIV with PrivateVPN to access FFXIV data centers with low ping connections over 200+ VPN servers in 63 countries.
In other words, PrivateVPN bypasses ISP speed throttling, improving lag during FATE trains, savage raids, and Gold Saucer GATEs.
Therefore, read this guide to learn how PrivateVPN unblocks FFXIV at school or work while ensuring lower pings for smooth gameplay on PCs and PlayStations!
How to Setup PrivateVPN for FFXIV on PC?
To play FFXIV with PrivateVPN on a PC (macOS, Windows), download the VPN app and connect to a suitable server (nearest to your DC or physical location).
Follow these steps:
- Subscribe to PrivateVPN. Take advantage of these discounted PrivateVPN deals to save BIG!
- Visit the PrivateVPN website and click “Download” at the top, then choose your PC’s OS to download the VPN app. I’ll use a Windows PC for this demonstration.
- Go to your PC’s “Downloads” folder, then double-click the downloaded PrivateVPN file.
- After installation, open the VPN app and click “Log In.”
- Enter your PrivateVPN account “Username” and “Password” to log in.
- Click “Advanced View.”
- Click “Connection Guard,” then enable the “Kill Switch.” This prevents IP leaking, so your workplace or school network admins won’t see you’re playing FFXIV if the VPN connection drops.
- Click “Dashboard,” then choose a suitable protocol next to “Connection type.” I recommend “OpenVPN (TUN+UDP+1194) (Default)” because it’s stable for clearing the Pandaemonium Anabaseios savage raid without connection problems.
- Click “Change” next to “Location.” This opens PrivateVPN’s server list.
- Search for your preferred server location, depending on the FFXIV data center you want to unblock.
- Double-click on the searched server location to connect. I chose the USA-Atlanta server to visit friends on the Balmung – Crystal – NA data center for Eureka FATEs.
- Launch FFXIV on your PC and complete your dailies without rubber bands.
How to Setup PrivateVPN for FFXIV on PlayStation?
PrivateVPN doesn’t have a VPN app for PlayStation. However, you can configure the VPN on your router, then connect your PlayStation to race your Chocobo or participate in the Cliffhanger GATE without connection lags.
But if you don’t have a compatible router, you can create a virtual WiFi router instead. Here are the steps:
- Launch the PrivateVPN app on your PC, then log in.
- Connect to a suitable PrivateVPN server based on your preferred FFXIV data center.
- Go to “Settings” on your PC, then click “Network & Internet.”
- Click “Mobile hotspot” from the left side menu.
- Turn on the mobile hotspot button. Also, note the “Network name” and “Network password” for later use.
- Click “Change adapter options” under “Related settings.”
- Note the enabled “Local Area Connection” with green connection bars.
- Left-click on the “Local Area Connection” featuring “TAP-Windows Adapter V9.”
- Click “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
- Select “Sharing,” then check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Click the “Select a private network connection” text box under “Home networking connection.”
- Select “Local Area Connection” from Step 7. Mine is “Local Area Connection* 11.”
- Click “OK” to finish.
- Your virtual Wi-Fi router is now ready. So, launch your PlayStation and look for your network name from Step 5.
- Enter the network password to connect.
- Start FFXIV on the PlayStation and participate in Crystalline Conflict or other fast-paced PvP matches without stuttering connections.
Testing PrivateVPN With FFXIV
To confirm PrivateVPN’s effectiveness in playing FFXIV, I tested the VPN by participating in the Leap of Faith (The Falling City of Nym) GATE. Fortunately, I got zero lag, allowing me to jump across various obstacles flawlessly. Also, I participated in the Euphrosyne Alliance Raid, and my connection remained stable throughout.
But don’t take my word for it!
I further subjected the PrivateVPN FFXIV duo to a real-time ping and packet loss test while connected to the VPN’s Czech Republic VPN server with the OpenVPN (TUN + UDP) protocol. Thankfully, the VPN stabilized my ping to 46ms and had 0% packet loss, allowing me to trigger Eureka FATEs by killing associated mobs without buffers.
Enhance Your FFXIV Experience With PrivateVPN
PrivateVPN is the perfect VPN to enjoy exhilarating adventures in the kingdom of Eorzea. With VPN servers in North America, Japan, Europe, and Oceania, the VPN connects you to a preferred FFXIV data center while evading ISP speed throttling for fast-faced and smooth gameplay.
Plus, PrivateVPN can be used on PCs and PlayStations, allowing you to travel across DCs on your preferred FFXIV device.
So, grab my discounted PrivateVPN deals to enjoy the epic Eorzea adventure with a 30-day money-back guarantee!