The easiest way to play RuneScape with PrivateVPN is to download its PC or smartphone app and connect to a suitable PrivateVPN server.
Fortunately, PrivateVPN has 200+ servers in 63 countries, so it’s easier to connect to the nearest VPN server to tour the Gielinor world without rubberbanding.
However, you must set up the VPN to ensure an effective connection with no IP leaks for smooth PvM and PvP combat battles. Continue reading to learn how!
How to Play RuneScape With PrivateVPN on PC & Mobile?
PrivateVPN offers Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Android apps, which you can download to participate in The Path of Glouphrie on your preferred device (without buffers).
- Get a preferred PrivateVPN subscription. Use my PrivateVPN hot deals to save big!
- Visit PrivateVPN’s website and click “Downloads.” After that, scroll and click on your device (Windows, Android, iPhone, macOS) to download the VPN app. I’ll use Windows for this demonstration.
- Double-click the downloaded PrivateVPN file from your PC’s “Downloads” folder to install the VPN app. On iPhone and Android, the app is automatically installed.
- Open the PrivateVPN app and click “Log in.”
- Enter your PrivateVPN subscription account “Username” and “Password,” then click “Log In” to sign in.
- Click “Advance View.”
- Navigate to “Connection Guard,” then activate the “Kill Switch” by clicking the slider button next to it. This ensures your IP doesn’t leak to school or workplace network admins who don’t want you to play RuneScape.
- Click “Dashboard,” then choose a suitable PrivateVPN protocol next to “Connection Type.” I recommend OpenVPN (TUN+UDP+1194) (Default) for a stable connection, especially when participating in Fist of Guthix, Clan Wars, The Great Orb Project, and other RuneScape PvP minigames.
- Click the “Change” option to open PrivateVPN’s full server list.
- Scroll to click the server with the lowest ping.
- Or, search for a preferred server location from PrivateVPN’s search bar.
- Conduct an IP/DNS leak test.
- Launch RuneScape and enjoy Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza and other RuneScape multiplayer minigames over a fast, secure connection.
Can I Port Forward RuneScape Using PrivateVPN?
PrivateVPN has port forwarding capabilities, so you can port forward RuneScape to remotely host matches with your friends.
Also, the port forwarding feature helps with connectivity issues, allowing smooth, lag-free Temple trekking and Archery competition.
Thankfully, you get port forwarding automatically after connecting to the VPN’s servers, so there are no hassles for setting it up. However, note that there’s static and dynamic port forwarding.
The static port forwarding appears when you connect to PrivateVPN’s normal servers, which I don’t recommend because another user connecting to the same server can see your real IP on some servers, risking DDoS attacks.
That said, as of October 2023, the following PrivateVPN servers have no security flaws, so you can reliably use them for static port forwarding:
|Server Location (s)
|Washington, New York Loc2, Miami, New York Loc1
|London Loc1, London Loc2
|Frankfurt Loc1, Frankfurt Loc2
|Amsterdam Loc1, Amsterdam Loc2, Amsterdam Loc3
Otherwise, PrivateVPN offers dynamic port forwarding through its dedicated IP servers. In this case, the port forwarding is reliable, stable, and secure because your assigned VPN IP isn’t shared with anyone else.
So, I recommend PrivateVPN’s dynamic port forwarding to enjoy a speedy and secure connection while engaging in combat against other RuneScape players.
Also, the PrivateVPN dynamic port forwarding allows port forwarding on all ports, thus saving you extra energy for setting ports manually.
Epic RuneScape Gaming Experience With PrivateVPN
Suppose your region, school, or workplace network admin doesn’t permit playing RuneScape! In that case, you can bypass the imposed RuneScape blocks with PrivateVPN’s 200+ servers in 63 countries.
Plus, PrivateVPN helps evade ISP speed throttles to stabilize your ping for a smooth, lag-free connection to dominate RuneScape quests and fight the villain in the world of Gielinor flawlessly.
To get started, grab my PrivateVPN hot deals to unleash your combat skills with a 30-day money-back guarantee!