IPVanish works in Germany. In fact, the VPN offers 256-bit encryption for securing user connections against the government, Vodafone, Telekom, 1&1, or O2!
IPVanish also boasts 2200+ servers in 75 locations for unblocking international content, plus 56 servers in Frankfurt for RTL, ZDF, Das Erste, or other local German content.
So, I’ll dig deep to explore how to set up IPVanish on PCs, mobiles, smart TVs, and gaming consoles in Germany.
How to Set Up IPVanish VPN in Germany?
IPVanish VPN supports Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, and Android devices, so you can secure all your devices and access geo-blocked content in Germany.
Furthermore, you can configure IPVanish on platforms such as gaming consoles and smart TVs as outlined in this table:
|Device||App Availability||Set-Up Procedure(s)||Ease of Setting Up|
|PC||Yes||Download IPVanish for Windows or MacOS||Easy|
|Mobile||Yes||Download IPVanish app on Google Play Store (Android) or App Store(iOS)||Easy|
Virtual PC router
Virtual PC router
How to Set Up IPVanish on PC and Mobile in Germany?
To set up IPVanish on PC and mobile in Germany, install the IPVanish app on your device. Here are the steps:
- Purchase an IPVanish subscription. Take advantage of my IPVanish discounts to save BIG!
- Download the IPVanish app on your device. I’ll use Windows for this demonstration.
- Launch the IPVanish app, enter your account details, and click “Log In.”
- Click the setting/gear icon on the left side.
- Go to “Connection,” then toggle the “Kill Switch” button. This prevents your IP from leaking if the VPN disconnects suddenly.
- On the same page, click “Protocol” and choose a suitable protocol. I recommend WireGuard because it’s speedy, secure, and stable enough to access DB Navigator over German public Wi-Fi.
- Click the location icon to open the list of server locations.
- Type your preferred server country on the VPN search bar, then double-click to connect. I’ll choose the United States – Los Angeles server.
- Conduct an IP/DNS leak test. I used www.ipleak.net.
- You’re done! Enjoy accessing Netflix US and HBO Max on a protected connection while bypassing speed throttling from M-Net, Telekom, Congstar, and other German ISPs.
How to Set Up IPVanish on Smart TVs in Germany?
Setting up IPVanish on smart TVs like Roku, LG, and Samsung in Germany uses two approaches: Router and internet-sharing over a virtual PC router.
The router technique uses your home router’s Wi-Fi. Fortunately, IPVanish partners with FlashRouters to avail VPN pre-installed and pre-configured routers.
Just plug it in and enjoy all VPN benefits on your smart TV in Germany.
However, if your router is VPN incompatible, you can create a virtual router on your PC and connect your smart TV to securely access Maxdome, Watchbox, Netzkino, and Amazon Prime DE.
Here’s how to achieve that:
- Go to settings on your PC. I’ll use Windows PC.
- Click “Network & Internet.”
- Click “Mobile Hotspot.”
- Turn on the mobile hotspot button, then note the name and password for the mobile hotspot.
- Navigate to “Change adapter options” under “Related settings.”
- Left-click on the Local Area Connection with “TAP-Windows Adapter V9,” then select “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
- Select “Sharing,” then mark the box adjacent to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Click “Select a private network connection,” choose your mobile hotspot connection (usually the Local Area Connection with an asterisk symbol), then click “OK.”
- Launch the IPVanish app, and log in.
- Click the setting icon, then choose OpenVPN protocol under “Protocol.”
- Click the location icon, then search for your preferred server to connect.
- Congratulations, you created a VPN-enabled virtual router on your PC. Connect your smart TV to the Virtual Wi-Fi to enjoy online freedom or access RTL, ProSieben, ARD, or other local German content.
How to Set Up IPVanish on Gaming Consoles in Germany?
To set up IPVanish on gaming consoles, get an IPVanish VPN subscription, then proceed with the steps for the virtual router method.
After, connect your gaming console(s) to the VPN-enabled router to mitigate DDoS attacks for safer and smooth gameplay. This was my key tactic to battle and win against my foes in Dragon Ball Legends while using Burger King, Starbucks, or Frankfurt Airport’s free public Wi-Fi.
How to Get a German IP Address With IPVanish?
IPVanish offers 56 servers in Frankfurt, Germany. Therefore, you can get a German IP address with IPVanish to access streaming sites like Netflix DE, Baden TV, and N-TV and online banking from Commerxbank, Revolut, and Norisbank.
Here are the steps:
- Sign up for IPVanish.
- Download and install the IPVanish VPN app on your device. I’ll use a Windows PC to demonstrate.
- Open the VPN app and log in.
- Click the setting icon, then enable “Kill Switch” under “Connection.”
- Choose a suitable protocol, preferably WireGuard, under “Protocol.”
- Click the location icon.
- Type “Germany” in the VPN search bar, then double-click the results to connect. You’ll connect to the fastest available Germany VPN server.
- Conduct an IP leak test on www.ipleak.net to confirm you’re assigned a VPN German IP address.
- That’s it. Start browsing the internet freely and access Das Erste, ZDF, ARD Dritte, or any other local German content with your VPN-assigned Germany IP.
Which Is the Best IPVanish Server in Germany?
The best IPVanish server for Germany depends on your specific purpose with the VPN. For example, I had a seamless torrenting experience over the IPVanish German server without raising alarms for copyright trolls.
On top of that, I streamed The Adventures of Pinocchio on ZDF with no noticeable buffers. Then, I switched to the IPVanish US-Los Angeles server to unblock NCIS on CBC and had great results.
Nevertheless, the connection protocol also influences the choice of the best IPVanish server in Germany. WireGuard was the best IPVanish protocol for Germany in my tests, offering a speedy and stable connection while watching the “Murder With a View” on Das Erste!
Does IPVanish Offer SOCKS 5 Proxy Servers in Germany?
IPVanish offers SOCKS 5 proxies in Germany for faster connection speeds.
This is especially useful for torrenting. However, they don’t encrypt your connection, so anyone snooping can collect your sensitive data.
I tested the effectiveness of IPVanish SOCKS 5 proxies in Germany by downloading a 1.62 GB copyright-free file using Utorrent and the Frankfurt SOCKS 5 proxy address.
The file downloaded in 14.5 minutes with an average download speed of 2.1 MB/s.
Are There IPVanish Limitations in Germany?
While IPVanish is a good VPN, there are limitations for German users.
First, the VPN provider lacks Smart DNS, which helps access geo-restricted content on VPN-incompatible devices like smart TVs and gaming consoles.
Thus, if you want a reliable Smart DNS service, ExpressVPN is the best option.
Next, IPVanish offers military-grade AES 256-bit encryption but lacks additional features. Thus, consider NordVPN for its additional security features like Threat Protection Feature, Onion Over VPN servers, and Double VPN.
Finally, IPVanish doesn’t offer port forwarding, limiting your ability to enhance internet speeds, especially in torrent seeding. Luckily, Private Internet Access (PIA) is a viable option with an easy-to-set-up port forwarding feature.
IPVanish Unmasked! Does It Work in Germany?
IPVanish manifests its resilience in Germany, skillfully bypassing O2, Vodafone, and M-Net speed throttling and providing German IP addresses for accessing Netflix DE, ZDF, RTL, and other local content.
Also, its industry-leading 256-bit encryption and no-logs policy ensures ultimate peace of mind when surfing the web in Germany.
Ready to embrace an invisibility cloak with IPVanish in Germany?
Grab my time-limited IPVanish discounts to get started with a 30-day money-back guarantee!