Whether you’re looking to safeguard your privacy or unblock new content on Kodi, IPVanish gets the job done.
And setting up the VPN service on the streaming player isn’t as complicated as it may sound.
In this post, I’ll show you how to install and use IPVanish on Kodi.
Keep reading to find out!
Summary: How to Install IPVanish on Kodi in 4 Quick Steps
Follow this quick guide to set up IPVanish on Kodi:
- Subscribe to IPVanish.
- Download and install the IPVanish VPN app on your device and log in.
- Connect to your target VPN server location.
- Launch Kodi and start streaming!
How to Set Up IPVanish on Kodi? (A Step-by-Step Guide)
Generally, the setup method is largely similar across most Kodi devices.
But if we get down to it, there are key differences, which I’ll outline below.
I’ll cover all Kodi devices from Windows and Mac to iOS, Android, and Firestick.
I’ll also show you how to install IPVanish VPN on Kodi directly through the VPN manager.
If you don’t have an active IPVanish account, you should start by getting one.
The VPN is relatively affordable, and with our signup link, you can enjoy a one-time discount.
Here are the steps you should follow when signing up for IPVanish:
- Use our link to get a discounted price.
- Select your preferred subscription length (I recommend a long-term plan for maximum savings).
- Click “START NOW” and enter your email address and password.
- Choose your payment method.
- You’ll be asked to confirm automatic renewals. Mark the check box.
- Lastly, click “Subscribe Now” to complete the signup process.
Once your IPVanish account is active, you can set up and use the VPN on Kodi.
Follow the steps below to install the IPVanish app on your Kodi device:
Installing IPVanish on Kodi for Android
If you’re using Kodi on an Android smartphone, tablet, or Android TV, here are the steps you should follow:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Tap the Google Play search box and type IPVanish.
- Select IPVanish from the results and click the Install button.
- Wait for the Android app to install and click Open.
- Once the app launches, click the “LOG IN” button.
- Enter your IPVanish details to sign in.
- A warning prompt will appear asking you to confirm if you want to set up a VPN. Click OK.
- Tap the “Connect” button on the home screen to connect to the fastest server in your region.
- Open Kodi, and that’s it!
Installing IPVanish on Kodi for iOS
On iOS, the IPVanish setup process is quite similar to Android.
You can install the VPN app directly from the App Store, and below are the steps you should follow:
- Open the App Store and type IPVanish in the Search box.
- Click the download icon to get the IPVanish VPN app.
- Press the Open button to launch the app.
- A prompt will appear asking you to allow IPVanish app notifications. Click Allow.
- Enter your IPVanish email and password to log in.
- If you want IPVanish to connect when it detects an untrusted network, choose “ENABLE ON DEMAND” (recommended). Otherwise, select “DISABLE ON DEMAND.”
- Click “FINISH,” and when prompted, click “Allow” to let the app add VPN configurations and complete the setup process.
- Lastly, click the “CONNECT” button to connect to the IPVanish VPN servers.
- Launch Kodi and enjoy!
Installing IPVanish on Kodi for Windows
The IPVanish app isn’t available on the Microsoft App Store.
To install the app on your Windows PC, follow the steps below:
- Go to the IPVanish official website, and under the Apps tab, click “Windows” or the “Download Now” button.
- On the resulting page, click “Download Windows VPN App.”
- Locate the app in your download folder and double-click the .exe file to run it.
- Confirm the file location to install the app program files. Click “Change” and browse to a different folder. Once satisfied, click “Install.”
- Once the Windows app is installed, click the “Run” button.
- Enter your IPVanish username and password to sign in.
- Click the “Connect” button to establish the IPVanish VPN connection.
- Once you’re connected, launch Kodi and start streaming!
Install IPVanish via Mac
Are you a Mac user?
Here is a quick walkthrough:
- Visit the IPVanish official website, navigate to Apps > Mac, and click “Download Mac VPN App.”
- Allow some time for the IPVanish app to download, and then go to your Downloads folder and locate the app file you just downloaded.
- Drag and drop the IPVanish app file into the Applications folder
- Once the app is installed, enter your IPVanish login credentials.
- Select your preferred country, city, and server and click the “CONNECT” button.
- What’s left now is to open Kodi, and you’ll be good to go.
How to Install IPVanish on Kodi Via Firestick?
As with all other devices, you’ll need to install IPVanish on your Firestick to use it with Kodi.
Thankfully, IPVanish is available in the Amazon App Store, making the process straightforward.
On your Firestick, follow the steps below to download and install the IPVanish app:
- Open your Firestick home screen.
- Go to Find, click the Search icon, and type “IPVanish.” Tap IPVanish on the search results.
- Press on the “IPVanish” app icon and click “Download” to install the app.
- Wait for the installation to complete and click “Open.”
- Log in with your IPVanish credentials.
- Click on “Country” and connect to your target VPN server location.
- Launch Kodi and unlock a whole new world of entertainment on your Amazon Fire TV.
If you use the first-generation Firestick or need a more detailed guide, check my how to install IPVanish on Firestick article .
Once you’ve successfully installed the VPN on your Amazon Fire TV Stick, launch Kodi and enjoy access to geo-restricted add-ons.
When publishing, remember to link to the corresponding article.
How to Install IPVanish on Kodi Via Xbox?
Remember XBMC (Xbox Media Player)?
That’s what Kodi was known as in its early days.
Designed as a media player for the first-generation Xbox, it now works with Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.
Unfortunately, you can’t use IPVanish or any other VPN with Xbox.
That’s because the gaming console doesn’t support VPNs.
But there are a few workarounds that allow you to use IPVanish with Kodi on your Xbox.
The easiest way is to set up IPVanish on your router.
The second solution is to set up the VPN on your PC or Mac and share the VPN internet connection to your Xbox via Wi-Fi.
Install IPVanish Via Kodi VPN Manager
While I recommend installing IPVanish on your Kodi box for reliable protection, you can also choose to install the VPN on Kodi directly.
Here is a step-by-step walkthrough:
- Start by downloading the Zomboided repository.
- Open Kodi and go to Add-ons.
- Click on the package installer (the open box-like icon on the top-left corner)
- Select “Install from zip file.”
- Navigate to the Zomboided Repository zip you downloaded earlier and double-click to add it.
- Next, click Install from the repository.
- Select the Zomboided Add-on Repository.
- Select Services > VPN Manager for OpenVPN and press Install.
- When prompted, select “Wizard” to automatically configure OpenVPN.
- Under “Select Your VPN Provider,” choose IPVanish.
- Enter your IPVanish username and password and click OK.
- When prompted, click Ok to create a VPN connection to IPVanish.
- Next, you’ll need to select a server. Pick one that corresponds to the add-on you want to unblock..
IPVanish is now up and running.
You can now open your favorite add-ons and stream safely.
Using IPVanish on Kodi VPN Manager
Although it may seem complex at first, the Kodi VPN manager is straightforward to use once you learn the ropes.
You can access it from Add-ons > Program Add-ons.
Once you set up IPVanish, you can get many of the features you get with native clients.
This includes features like auto-connect and multiple server switching.
You can also change between UDP and TCP.
But, since it’s based on OpenVPN, you can’t use other IPVanish protocols such as WireGuard, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPsec.
How to Log out or Disconnect from IPVanish on Kodi?
If you wish to disconnect from the VPN at some point, open the “VPN Manager for OpenVPN” home screen and select “Change or disconnect VPN connection.”
What IPVanish Features Do You Get on Kodi?
While aspects like speed and server network remain constant across different Kodi devices, some features like VPN protocols vary depending on your Kodi device.
For instance, on Android, the VPN provider offers WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2.
On Windows, you also get three additional protocols – L2TP/IPsec, PPTP, and SSTP.
Usability also varies, but IPVanish has 24/7 customer support if you get stuck.
Best IPVanish Alternatives for Kodi
IPVanish works reliably well with Kodi.
It’s super fast and unblocks virtually all Kodi add-ons, including iPlayer WWW, MLB.TV, and NBC Sports Extra Live.
The VPN is compatible with virtually all Kodi devices.
However, its lack of a Smart DNS service means you can’t set it up directly on devices like Xbox to unblock streaming content.
If IPVanish isn’t your cup of tea, you can check my top 3 alternatives:
NordVPN is one of the most popular VPN services on the market.
The VPN boasts an impressive track record and can be relied on to keep you safe when streaming torrents on Kodi.
Unlike IPVanish, which is located in the US, NordVPN is based in Panama and outside the 14 Eyes jurisdictions.
Another great thing about NordVPN is that it supports Smart DNS.
With this feature, you don’t need elaborate workarounds to unblock Kodi add-ons on Xbox and Apple TV media players.
Compared to IPVanish, NordVPN is also much faster.
It delivers incredible speeds, allowing you to stream HD content on Kodi without interruptions.
ExpressVPN is another excellent VPN for Kodi that offers a SmartDNS service – MediaStreamer.
In my speed tests, the service bested both NordVPN and IPVanish.
So if speed is your top priority, you’ll be pleased with this IPVanish alternative.
And the VPN comes with premium security features.
It also features a no-logs policy, which should put you at ease when streaming on third-party Kodi add-ons.
But to enjoy all these features, it’ll cost you a pretty penny.
If you’re looking for an alternative in the same price range, Surfshark is an excellent option.
It offers superior speeds and is equally good at bypassing geo-restrictions.
Security-wise, the VPN uses robust encryption and keeps neither connection nor activity logs.
And all its servers support P2P traffic, allowing you to stream content on Kodi torrent add-ons.
On top of that, Surfshark offers smart DNS.
I also found its apps quite intuitive and straightforward to use, which is perfect for beginners.
Yes, IPVanish is compatible with Kodi.
You can use IPVanish with Kodi by setting it up on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and routers.
This will ensure that your Kodi internet traffic is encrypted, keeping you safe.
And the IPVanish apps are user-friendly, so you will have an easy time setting them up.
Kodi works with multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, tvOS, Linux, Amazon Firestick, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Raspberry Pi.
While Kodi itself is free to use, IPVanish isn’t.
The provider also doesn’t offer a free trial.
But, you can use the VPN service risk-free with Kodi, thanks to its 30-day refund guarantee.
However, you should note that the money-back guarantee only applies to the yearly plans.
You won’t get a refund if you subscribe to the monthly and quarterly plans.
It also doesn’t cover payments made via iTunes.
I hope you can now successfully install and use IPVanish on Kodi.
With the VPN, you’ll protect your Kodi streaming activities from your ISP and other prying eyes.
It’ll also help you unblock the geo-restricted official Kodi add-ons.
Why wait around?
Grab our exclusive IPVanish discount and safeguard your anonymity on Kodi!