Yes, you can use Atlas VPN with DirecTV. The VPN provider unblocks the streaming service seamlessly and works with a wide range of DirecTV-compatible devices.
On top of that, Atlas VPN offers fast speeds, so you can stream content in HD and up to 4K without buffering.
Keep reading to learn how to use Atlas VPN to watch DirecTV on your device.
How to Stream DirecTV With Atlas VPN?
Here are the steps to stream DirecTV with Atlas VPN:
- Sign up for Atlas VPN.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Launch the Atlas VPN app and log in.
- Connect to a VPN server in the US.
- Open the DirecTV app and enjoy!
How to Unblock DirecTV With Atlas VPN?
There are two ways to use Atlas VPN with DirecTV:
- Via the Atlas VPN App
- Via Windows Mobile Hotspot
I’ve created step-by-step instructions for both methods below:
Watch DirecTV With the Atlas VPN App
You can use the Atlas VPN app to unblock DirecTV on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Fire TV.
Here are the steps to follow.
- Sign up for Atlas VPN.
- Go to the “VPN Apps” tab on the Atlas VPN website and download the app on your streaming device. You can also download it on the Apple App Store, Google PlayStore, or Amazon App Store.
- Install the Atlas VPN app.
- Launch the app and enter your Atlas VPN account email address to log in. You’ll receive a secure link and sign-in code in your inbox to complete the process.
- Connect to a United States VPN server location tab.
- Open the DirecTV app and enjoy!
Unblock DirecTV With Atlas VPN via PC Hotspot
Watching DirecTV with Atlas VPN on mobile and PC devices is a breeze.
But the process isn’t as easy if you’re streaming on Roku, Apple, or Smart TV.
That’s because Atlas VPN doesn’t have a native VPN app for these streaming devices.
And on top of that, AtlasVPN doesn’t support routers, which could have broadcasted the VPN connection to these streaming devices.
Luckily, you unblock DirecTV with Atlas VPN on your Roku, Apple TV, and smart TV devices through Internet Connection Sharing (ICS). And for that, you need a Windows PC.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Install Atlas VPN on your Windows PC.
- Launch the VPN and go to Settings > IPSec/IKEv2.
- Open the Atlas VPN server list and connect to a US server.
- Open Windows Settings and click Network & Internet > Mobile Hotspot. Enable “Share my internet connection with other devices.”
- Click “Change adapter settings” to open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on the AtlasVPN IKEv2 Connection adapter and select Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab, and select “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Click “Select a private network connection” and pick the connection denoted with an asterisk (your mobile hotspot connection).
- Click OK to save the new connection settings.
- Connect your streaming device to the Wi-Fi network you just created.
Is Atlas VPN Good for Streaming DirecTV?
Atlas VPN is a good VPN for streaming DirecTV. Here are some of the reasons I like using the VPN with the streaming service:
- It unblocks DirecTV seamlessly: Atlas VPN provides streaming-optimized servers in 7 US locations. In my tests, all unblocked DirecTV on the first try.
- Delivers excellent speeds: Whether you’re in Europe, Australia, or Asia, Atlas VPN lets you stream in HD without interruptions. In Europe, the VPN only lowered my internet speed by 18%, an impressive speed drop compared to some other providers.
- Free Plan: Atlas VPN has a free version that works with DirecTV, which can come in handy if you’re on a budget. But the Atlas VPN free version is capped at 5GB, which amounts to only a few hours of live TV.
- Internet kill switch: Atlas VPN has a kill switch that ensures your IP address and location aren’t exposed if the VPN disconnects. This allows you to stream without interruptions.
- Affordable pricing: Atlas VPN is one of the cheapest VPNs in the market. It offers unlimited simultaneous connections and a money-back guarantee, so you can test it with DirecTV before committing.
Atlas VPN Alternatives for DirecTV
While Atlas VPN is a good VPN for DirecTV, I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a perfect choice. It does the basics right – unblocks DirecTV with minimal impact on speed.
But it falls short in terms of compatibility.
For starters, Atlas VPN isn’t directly compatible with some popular DirecTV streaming devices like Apple TV and Roku. On top of that, it doesn’t support routers or Smart DNS, which would have made it better compatible with those units.
If you’re interested in a VPN that offers Smart DNS and compatibility for routers, I recommend the following service providers:
- NordVPN: Supports both SmartDNS and routers and delivers faster US server connections.
- ExpressVPN: Works with routers and supports Smart DNS (MediaStreamer). It also lets you unblock DirecTV via Mac.
- CyberGhost: Besides supporting Smart DNS and routers, CyberGhost has one of the largest US server networks. It also features a generous 45-day money-back guarantee.
Why Is Atlas VPN Not Working With DirecTV? (Troubleshooting Guide)
Atlas VPN unblocks DirecTV by hiding your IP address and providing you with a virtual US IP. But if DirecTV detects your real location, it can still block access even when connected to the VPN.
If that happens, you’ll see the following error message:
“Based on your IP address, we noticed you are trying to access DirecTV through an anonymous proxy tool. DirecTV is not currently available outside the U.S If you’re in the U.S, you’ll need to disable your anonymizer to access videos on DirecTV.”
Here are some of the reasons (and fixes) you may see the DirecTV proxy error message when connected to Atlas VPN:
- Connection leak – You can prevent this by enabling the internet kill switch. Go to Settings > Security and toggle on the kill switch button.
- GPS location – On Android, DirecTV also uses GPS to determine your location. You can solve this by combining Atlas VPN with a GPS spoofing tool. Otherwise, use Surfshark since it can spoof your Android GPS location
- Apple API geolocation – If you’re trying to watch DirecTV with Atlas VPN on an iPhone or iPad, the Apple API can bring about the DirecTV proxy error, even when your VPN is working perfectly.
- Billing Address – Amazon Fire TV pulls your location from your ZIP Code. Ensure you set a US billing address on your Amazon Fire TV account to use services like DirecTV.
Can I Get Banned on DirecTV for Streaming Atlas VPN?
You won’t get banned for streaming DirecTV with Atlas VPN.
But the streaming service does block known VPN IP addresses.
Luckily, you can overcome this by simply switching to a different Atlas VPN US server.
Can I Unblock DirecTV With the Atlas VPN Free Version?
You can unblock DirecTV with the Atlas VPN free version.
However, the free plan is capped at 5GB bandwidth and can sometimes be too slow for live TV streaming.
Atlas VPN works seamlessly with DirecTV. And using the steps outlined in this guide, you can unblock the streaming service on any device.
Just don’t forget to grab our Atlas VPN discount to save on your subscription and get a 30-day window to test the VPN risk-free.