ExpressVPN is the best VPN for unblocking France TV from abroad due to multiple France server locations, reliable unblocking, and fast obfuscation speeds to watch France TV in 4K.
Likewise, it offers mobile and PC apps to unblock live TV access on your preferred devices.
And thanks to its obfuscation, FranceTV never knows you’re using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), so it can’t block that traffic.
So, continue reading to learn how to set up ExpressVPN for France TV and troubleshoot any streaming issues.
How to Setup ExpressVPN to Watch France TV?
Always enable the ExpressVPN kill switch, choose suitable connection protocols, and connect to France servers to stream French TV channels from abroad.
Let’s discuss how to set up each of these components.
Enable the Kill Switch
The ExpressVPN kill switch is dubbed Network Lock, and it’s designed to prevent IP/DNS leaks if you ever lose connection to a France VPN server.
Thus, France TV doesn’t find your actual location and boot you off the platform.
Here’s how to set it up on PC.
- Launch your ExpressVPN app.
- Click the hamburger menu and select “Options.”
- Under the “General” tab, look for Network Lock.
- Check the first box.
- Optional: Check the second box to allow access to local devices (like printers) if you have such set up on the same network.
Note that ExpressVPN doesn’t have the kill switch setting in its iOS app, but it’s built into the system. So, it’s automatically enabled when you connect under any protocol.
However, it’s on the Android app. Follow these steps to activate the Android kill switch.
- Launch the ExpressVPN Android app.
- Tap on “Options.”
- Select “Settings.”
- Open ‘Network Protection.”
- Toggle “Block internet when unable to connect or reconnect to VPN” to enable the Network Lock.
- Optional: Toggle the “Local Network” option to keep access to local devices with a VPN.
Connect to a France Server
You need France VPN servers to unblock access to France TV.
Fortunately, ExpressVPN has servers in Marseille, Paris, Alsace, and Strasbourg.
Here’s how to connect to any of the France servers.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app.
- Click on the three dots icon to open the country and city list.
- Search for France.
- Click the general France location to get the fastest available server in the fastest French city.
- OR click the right arrow to open the cities.
- Double click on a preferred city.
- Wait for the connection confirmation.
ExpressVPN maintains a similar interface across PC and mobile apps. So, you can follow those instructions to connect to France servers on your mobile devices too.
Also, don’t forget to test for leaks by going to ipleak.net after connecting to the France servers.
You're good to go if you get a France IP address instead of your internet service provider-allocated IP.
Why Is ExpressVPN Great for Streaming France TV?
ExpressVPN is excellent for watching France TV shows because it provides servers in France, reliable unblocking ability, premium security features, and speed.
In summary, here are the top reasons to stream France.TV with ExpressVPN:
- France servers. ExpressVPN provides servers in four French cities to give you connection options.
- Fast streaming. ExpressVPN is optimized for speed, so much that it can unblock 4K streams.
- Unlimited bandwidth. ExpressVPN allows you to watch France live TV on high-speed servers without bandwidth throttling.
- Automatic obfuscation. The VPN service provider obfuscates your traffic by default, making it impossible for the streaming service to know you’re bypassing its service with a VPN.
- Fast obfuscation. Obfuscation usually impacts connection speed, but ExpressVPN has engineered its system to deliver ultra-fast speeds instead.
- Apps for supported platforms. You get ExpressVPN apps for PC (Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chromebook) and mobile (Android, iOS, and iPadOS) to stream France TV anywhere.
- MediaStreamer support. ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Smart DNS feature ensures you can stream France TV via Roku on your smart TVs.
How to Download France TV App Outside France?
The FranceTV app isn’t available in app stores outside France, but you can work around that.
Here are some methods.
1. Get the App From a Trusted Friend
This works best for Android users who can get the raw apk file from a friend who has the app.
You’ll need to enable your Android device to install apps from third-party sources for this to work. The video below shows you how to do that.
Also, don’t download apps from other online sources, as the app may ship malware onto your Android device.
2. Change Your Google Play Store Region
Another idea is to change your Google Play Store region to France to access the France version of the Google Play Store.
Note that you won’t be able to change to your local play store for the next 365 days, so it’s best to create another Google Play account for France.
Follow these steps:
- Launch ExpressVPN and connect to a French server location.
- Open your Google Play Store and click on the profile icon.
- Tap the dropdown option and select “Add another account.”
- Click “Create account.”
- Follow the rest of the instructions to create a new Gmail account for Play Store.
- Once created, tap the profile icon of your new account.
- Select “Settings.”
- Tap “General,” then “Account and device preferences.”
- Under “Country and Profiles,” add a preferred payment method to switch to France.
- Once added, you can now get France TV and other apps restricted to France.
PS: You can always switch to your main account to use the local Play Store.
3. Change Your iOS App Store Region
Changing your region on the iOS app store is more straightforward.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch ExpressVPN and connect to France servers.
- Open iOS device settings and tap on your name.
- Tap on “Media and Purchases.”
- Select “View Account.”
- Choose “Country/Region.”
- Tap on “Change Country or Region.”
- Select “France” from the list and accept the terms of service.
- Add a valid payment method for France.
- Go to your iOS App Store.
- Search for France TV. Download and install it.
What Devices Can I Stream France TV On?
France TV works on PC, mobile devices, and the Roku streaming service. However, it’s yet to come to other streaming services and platforms.
Likewise, there’s no PC app, so you must go through browsers.
Fortunately, you can choose to watch French TV shows live via the web or apps on mobile devices.
Also, there’s no native France TV support for smart TVs yet, but you can get around that with Android TVs, as long as you can download the native app.
Luckily, you can pair your Android TV with ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer or download the native app to stream the TV from anywhere.
Other smart TV devices can use Roku’s access to stream France TV.
You can use the MediaStreamer with Roku or set up ExpressVPN on a router to unblock access on Roku.
In summary, here are devices you can stream French shows and channels on with ExpressVPN:
|Mobile (iOS and Android)||Native app|
|PC (Chromebook, Linux, Mac, and Windows)||Native app|
|Roku||Router app or MediaStreamer|
|Android TV||Native app, Router app or MediaStreamer|
What Channels Can I Watch on France TV?
France TV offers various entertainment, social, lifestyle, news, sports, and other content channels. Some of the channels you can watch include:
- France 2
- France 3
- France 4
- France 5
- France News
- The 1st
Some of the channels also offer content replays. Thus, you can miss certain content and return to it on-demand without recording it manually.
These channels include:
- France 2 replay
- France 3 replay
- France 4 replay
- France 5 replay
- The replay of the 1st
Of course, most of the content you’ll get will be in French. However, the platform offers international content like:
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- Indian Summers
- Doctor Who
Can You Watch France TV With a Free VPN?
Free VPN providers offer limited server locations, of which France isn’t often on the list, so you can’t watch France TV. They also lack reliable encryption to protect your actual IP address and unblock content.
Furthermore, most free VPN service providers make you the product by collecting and selling your data to a third party. Some of them even install malware on your device, turning your entertainment time with France TV into a horror story.
So, it’s best to save yourself that stress and choose ExpressVPN, which doesn’t have any business with your data and will unblock France TV reliably.
What to Do if ExpressVPN Isn’t Working for France TV?
VPN app problems, connection errors, overloaded servers, or leaks could keep ExpressVPN from working properly. When that happens, follow these recommendations to fix the issue.
- Update the VPN app. Sometimes, an update could have been released to solve the issues preventing the VPN software from unblocking FranceTV.
- Change servers. A France server might be overloaded or have blacklisted IP addresses. Fortunately, ExpressVPN has servers in other France cities.
- Clear cache and cookies. This is important for streaming on PC browsers. Otherwise, the cookies and cache data may interfere with ExpressVPN’s unblocking ability.
- Try incognito Mode. Incognito or other private browsing modes is an alternative to clearing your cache and cookies.
- Test for leaks. Go to ipleak.net after connecting to ExpressVPN to ensure you’re not leaking IP addresses. An ideal case would be to get a France IP back from the test.
- Enable the kill switch. Thus, you never mistakenly let the French streaming service know you’re streaming from elsewhere if the VPN connection randomly drops.
- Switch VPN protocol. ExpressVPN’s Lightway (UDP) protocol is the best for a balance of speed and obfuscation. If it’s not working (rare), you can try the Lightway (TCP) or OpenVPN protocols.
- Speak with customer support. Fortunately, ExpressVPN’s customer support is available 24/7.
Frequently Asked Questions
ExpressVPN works in France to unblock France.TV, French TV channels, local beIN sports channels, and other French content.
Thanks to servers in four French cities, ExpressVPN also provides options with ultra-fast obfuscation support.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN offers 3000+ servers in 94 countries, allowing France travelers and residents to unblock content in other countries.
France TV is free to watch but requires streamers to be in France.
However, you have to sign up for an account to watch the majority of content on France TV.
Luckily, you can use a VPN like ExpressVPN to watch France TV outside France without buffering or lag.
France TV doesn’t specifically block access to ExpressVPN.
Still, it may block VPN traffic to prevent circumvention of its geo-restrictions. Thus, it’s excellent that ExpressVPN uses obfuscation on all servers and protocols, preventing France TV’s servers from seeing you’re using a VPN.
ExpressVPN can unblock France TV on your Android TV.
You can download the native VPN app for Android devices on your Android TV, set up ExpressVPN on a router or use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer service to unblock France TV access on your Android TV.
Roku is the only supported streaming service supporting France TV, and it’s compatible with ExpressVPN.
You can configure your Roku streaming stick with ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer. Or, set up ExpressVPN on a router your Roku device is connected to.
Watch France TV From Anywhere
A single ExpressVPN subscription allows you to watch the 1st, France 2, France 3, or other preferred France TV channels from anywhere.
Thanks to a selection of obfuscation-ready servers and ultra-fast protocols, you can stream France TV in 4K from anywhere.
Don’t forget to grab these ExpressVPN discounts to enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee on your purchase.