Private Internet Access (PIA) works in Cuba, allowing you to access international streaming services, unblock your online banking accounts, and surf the web without interference from Cubacel and ETECSA.
PIA also packs extra privacy features like a kill switch, ad blocker, tracker blocker, and public Wi-Fi protection to boost your online security profile in Cuba.
Let’s discuss how to get the best of PIA from Cuba.
How to Use Private Internet Access in Cuba?
You don’t need to be tech-savvy to set up PIA to unblock content or get online security in Cuba. Here’s a simple 9-step guide to help you:
- Get a PIA plan. I recommend these PIA deals and choosing the multi-year plans for the best savings.
- Download the PIA app for your preferred device. I’ll use its Windows PC app for this demonstration.
- Install and launch the app. Then, log in with your PIA account credentials (a unique username + password you got from step 1).
- Choose a preferred PIA connection protocol. Go through Settings > Protocols > WireGuard.
- Enable the VPN kill switch to prevent accidental IP/DNS leaks. Go through Settings > Privacy > toggle “VPN Kill Switch.”
- Return to the VPN homepage and click the big power button to get the fastest/nearest server.
- OR Click the VPN Server location to open the list of servers. You can browse through or search for a preferred server and click to connect.
- Once connected, do a leak test to ensure you’re now browsing via the VPN-assigned IP address. I use www.ipleak.net to check for leaks.
- Unblock content and browse the web privately from Cuba!
What Makes PIA a Reliable VPN for Cuba?
PIA shines in Cuba with its impressive server fleet, fast server speeds, reliable unblocking, and other notable mentions.
Here are a few mentions that really take the cake when using the internet from Cuba:
Ultra-Fast Server Network
PIA’s servers in 84 countries mean you never land on an overcrowded server.
On top of that, it displays the server latency on PC and mobile devices, so you know which servers have lower ping.
On top of that, PIA performs like a champ in speed tests, retaining enough speeds to unblock and stream HD content. And that’s with the encryption layered on top of your usual connection!
Reputable Privacy Features
Every affordable PIA plan features:
- MACE ad blocker: which keeps ads and trackers away from your internet experience.
- Kill switch: ensuring your location data, IP address, or DNS details never leak to web servers and third parties if the VPN connection randomly drops.
- AES 256-bit encryption: which ensures public Wi-Fi admins, Cubacel, or ETECSA can’t see what you’re doing online.
- Audited no-logs policy: confirming that the VPN provider doesn’t collect information on what you do online. Hence, it can’t share such data with the Cuban government/authorities.
So, you can always browse the web in Cuba without looking over your shoulders.
Unparalleled Content Unblocking
In fact, Private Internet Access has a unique form of obfuscation layered over proxy servers to access censored content in Cuba. So, you can bypass harsher internet restrictions on the VPN’s website, social media platforms like Telegram, and banned news websites.
You don’t have to choose what internet-enabled devices gets PIA on since it offers a solution for major units.
In other words, you can download the PIA app to unblock content on your mobile devices or stream content on your PCs. Likewise, you can set up the VPN on your router and broadcast the connection to secure your smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other devices without a native PIA app.
But does that mean you must get a new PIA account for every device?
Quite the contrary! Instead, you can connect unlimited devices simultaneously from a single PIA account.
Frequently Asked Questions
PIA doesn’t offer a Cuba server, making it unsuitable to get a Cuba IP address. However, that doesn’t affect its functionality in Cuba, as you can connect to any of its servers in 84 countries to unblock massive content libraries and internet services unavailable in Cuba.
Likewise, it has Caribbean servers in the Bahamas and Venezuela to access local Cuban content without losing VPN protection.
Surf the Online Cuba Space Safely
PIA ensures you never have to worry about what information Cubacel can pull from your online activity or be concerned that ETECSA is monitoring your public Wi-Fi usage.
Likewise, you can now travel to Cuba and relax, knowing you’ll retain access to your preferred social media apps, video streaming services, and online content.
The best part is that the VPN works across PCs and mobile devices, so you’re never stranded for options.
And speaking of options, grab these PIA discount offers before they expire.