ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN to unblock Amazon Prime due to its fast speeds, vast US servers, multiple device compatibility, and high-quality content-unblocking ability to stream Amazon Prime Video anywhere.
And thanks to its automatic obfuscation on all servers and protocols, Amazon Prime never realizes you’re using a VPN. Hence, it can’t block your traffic or monitor your account.
So, keep reading to learn how to watch Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN and troubleshoot any streaming issues.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN?
Using ExpressVPN to unblock Amazon Prime or switch to a specific country-based content library takes only a few minutes.
So, suppose you want to learn how to use ExpressVPN to stream Amazon Prime on your computer, phone, tablet, smart TV, or media streaming services (including your gaming consoles), you’re on the right track.
Let’s get started!
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on a PC?
You can watch Amazon Prime Video via web browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Safari on your PC (Windows, macOS, ChromeOS, or Linux).
Here’s what you need to do to watch Amazon Prime Video with ExpressVPN on a PC:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Download the ExpressVPN app and install it on your computer.
- Launch the ExpressVPN app. Enter your username and password used during the purchase process.
- Enable the Network Lock to kill switch to prevent accidental IP/DNS leaks to Amazon Prime Video. Click the hamburger menu icon > Options > Network Lock settings (Under general category) > Check “Stop all internet traffic in the VPN disconnects unexpectedly.”
- Click the three-dot icon in the “Current Location” tab to open the VPN Locations. Then, search for a USA-based server and double-click to connect. ExpressVPN will connect you to that server within a few seconds.
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video website and log in if you haven’t already.
- Start streaming the US Amazon Prime Video library (or anyone else, based on the selected server).
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on a Phone/Tablet?
Amazon Prime Video apps are available on Android, iOS, and iPadOS, and so is ExpressVPN.
So, here’s how to use ExpressVPN to watch Amazon Prime on your tablet or smartphone:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Visit Apple’s App store or Google’s Play store to install its OS/iPadOS or Android app.
- Launch ExpressVPN and log in to your account.
- Enable the VPN kill switch to prevent IP/DNS leaks. Go to Options > Settings > Network Protection > toggle “Block internet when unable to reconnect to VPN.”
- Go back to the home screen, and click the three dots on the “Current Location” tab that opens VPN Locations.
- Choose from recommended locations. You can also tap the search button to find your preferred city or country.
- Connect to the server which you want to unblock your Amazon Prime Video.
- Launch your Amazon Prime Video app. You can download it from your device’s Google Play Store or App Store.
- Unblock and watch your preferred movies, shows, and other content.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on a Fire TV Stick?
Fire TV stick supports ExpressVPN. However, for some Fire TV with an old interface, you may need to launch your ExpressVPN on a PC and share the VPN connection with your Fire TV Stick.
Here’s how to watch Amazon Prime Video with ExpressVPN.
- Buy an ExpressVPN subscription on your Fire TV.
- Launch your Fire TV Stick and navigate to Apps > Categories > Utility. Look up “ExpressVPN,” and download the VPN app to your streaming device.
- Launch ExpressVPN and activate it by logging in to your account.
- Connect to any server location, depending on the version of Amazon Prime you want to access.
- Open the Amazon Prime app on your Fire TV stick, pick any title, and stream your preferred content.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on Android TV?
You can also use ExpressVPN to unblock content on Android TV-powered media streaming devices and Smart TVs.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN. I recommend you subscribe on your phone or computer to speed up the rest of the procedure.
- Using your Android TV device, navigate to the Play store app to download and install ExpressVPN.
- Launch ExpressVPN and log in to your account.
- Connect to an ExpressVPN server based on the Amazon Prime Video content library you want to access. For example, if you wish to unblock a French movie or documentary, connect to a server in France.
- Launch the Amazon Prime Video app on your Android TV. Download the app from the Google Play Store if you haven’t installed it.
- Unblock and stream preferred Amazon Prime content library.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on Apple TV?
Apple TV doesn’t support VPN services. Hence, you can’t download ExpressVPN directly on your Apple TV. However, you can install VPN router software on a compatible WIFI router. Here’s how it’s done:
- Wait a couple of moments until ExpressVPN automatically registers your IP address. Then, click set up at the top of the page.
- On the home screen of your Apple TV, navigate to Settings > General > Network > wifi > (select your wifi name). Then, select Configure DNS > Manual.
- Input the two MediaStreamer IP addresses in the Primary and Secondary DNS slots.
- Restart your Apple TV to activate your new DNS addresses. Navigate to Settings > System > Restart.
- Launch Amazon Prime Video on your Apple TV. You can get it from the tvOS App Store if you haven’t installed it.
- Log into your Amazon Prime account and watch Prime Video from the vast content library.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on a Smart TV?
Unless your smart TV is powered by AndroidTV OS or FireTV OS, you may not be able to download a VPN app. Luckily, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer works on devices that don’t support VPN apps.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Click “Register my IP address” to get DNS settings for your Smart TV.
- Turn on your TV, and go to network or internet-related settings. If you need help, Google your TV’s model to find its DNS settings.
- Enter ExpressVPN’s Primary and Secondary DNS and restart your TV for the new settings to take effect.
- Open Amazon Prime on your TV. If you haven’t downloaded it, visit your TV’s App store to do so.
- Access any geo-restricted movies and TV shows in the Amazon Prime library.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on Roku?
Roku supports apps (called channels) but not VPNs. So, you can’t install a VPN directly on Roku.
However, there’s a way to watch Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN on your Roku:
- Pay for an ExpressVPN plan. Then, check the ExpressVPN website for VPN-supported routers.
- If ExpressVPN supports your router, you can choose two options: use its built-in VPN app (not recommended) or manually install ExpressVPN.
- Follow your router-specific guide to set up ExpressVPN. I’ll use a NetGear router for this example.
- Go to Roku settings > Network > Setup connection > click “Wired” if you’re using Roku via ethernet or “Wireless” if using the WIFI network.
- Connect to your ExpressVPN-protected WIFI network and enter your password.
- Connect to a VPN server based on the Amazon prime content library you want to unblock.
- Launch Amazon Prime on your Roku. After logging in, you can stream Prime Video based on the location of your ExpressVPN server.
How to Watch Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN on a Game Console?
Game consoles like PlayStation and Xbox don’t support VPN apps, even though you can stream Amazon Prime Video. So, you can’t install ExpressVPN directly on them.
However, there’s a workaround. You can set up the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer directly on your console (discussed above) or install the VPN on your router.
Here’s how to use the router option:
- Install ExpressVPN on your router. You can follow the video guide below to do this.
- Connect your Xbox or PlayStation to the router using a wired Ethernet or wireless connection.
- Launch the Amazon Prime Video app on your Xbox and PlayStation. Enjoy watching Amazon Prime videos.
What Makes ExpressVPN Suitable for Streaming Amazon Prime?
ExpressVPN is great for watching Amazon Prime shows because it’s easy to set up, user-friendly, and has a reliable unblocking ability.
Here are the main reasons to watch Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN:
- Fast streaming speeds. ExpressVPN is designed to maximize speed, so much so that it can unblock 4K streams, thanks to its Lightway protocol. Hence, you can stream picture-perfect HD quality without slowdown or lag.
- Unlimited bandwidth. ExpressVPN allows you to watch crisp and clear Amazon Prime videos without bandwidth throttling.
- Smart DNS. ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Smart DNS feature ensures you can stream Amazon Prime on your smart TVs and game consoles in super-clear HD.
- Automatic obfuscation. The VPN provider obfuscates your traffic by default, making it impossible for Amazon Prime to realize you’re bypassing its service with a VPN.
- Reliable unblocking capacity. Express VPN has 3000+ servers in 94 countries. Thus, you can unblock geo-restricted Amazon Prime US, U.K., Canada, and Australia.
- Device support. You get ExpressVPN apps for mobile (iOS, Android and iPadOS) and PC (Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and Linux) to unblock Amazon Prime Video on any device.
Is ExpressVPN Fast Enough to Stream Amazon Prime Video?
ExpressVPN offers a built-in speed feature to choose server locations with higher download speeds.
To demonstrate ExpressVPN’s performance in streaming Amazon Prime, I streamed The Lord of the Rings without ExpressVPN’s protection, which was lag-free.
Here are my speed test results:
Afterward, I tested Amazon Prime streaming speeds with ExpressVPN’s US servers.
Below are the results I got:
Based on my results, ExpressVPN didn’t cause a massive connection speed drop.
In addition, there was no lag or buffering while streaming Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN.
Still Can’t Access Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN?
There are several reasons why Amazon Prime may be blocking your connection using ExpressVPN.
Follow these troubleshooting techniques when ExpressVPN doesn’t work with Amazon Prime:
- Try another server: If Amazon prime doesn’t work with ExpressVPN, try another server from the same location you’re unblocking. If the problem persists, switch to a server in a different location.
- Clear your web browser cookies/cache: Your browser stores cache and other local data, which may include your IP address. Hence, clear your cookies and web history to avoid storing the previous visit and blocking the connection.
- Use a web browser: App users may face streaming blocks due to Amazon Prime having stricter location checks on its apps than for web-based viewers. Watch or access the app via a web browser to confirm whether the app is the issue.
- Sign out of Amazon Prime: For some platforms, such as Apple TV or Roku, your best bet would be to remove Amazon Prime and restart the device. Or sign out of Amazon Prime and log back in to check if this resolves the problem.
- Ask ExpressVPN for assistance: ExpressVPN has a responsive customer support team across multiple support channels, especially its 24/7 live chat panel. So, if the problem persists, I recommend contacting customer support to resolve the issue.
- Check that your app is updated: Updates are applied consistently to remove bugs that can affect the performance or connection of the app.
What Can You Watch on Amazon Prime With ExpressVPN?
Amazon Prime offers much binge-worthy content across different genres: crime, thrillers, drama, and sitcoms. Some content is free, while you’ll need to buy or rent others for a small fee.
Here are some of the on-demand content you can watch on Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN:
|High School (Freevee)||Drama|
|The Devil’s Hour||Thriller|
|Making the cut||Reality TV|
|The Boys||Superhero fiction|
Alternative VPNs to Use on Amazon Prime?
ExpressVPN is among the most capable VPNs to unblock Amazon Prime content libraries.
However, it’s not only an option. Some of the best alternatives to ExpressVPN for streaming Amazon Prime are NordVPN, Surfshark, and Cyberghost.
Here’s a bit more information about each alternative Amazon Prime VPN:
- NordVPN offers a dedicated IP address option to bypass Amazon’s strong VPN blocks while maintaining anonymity. On top of that, you get up to six simultaneous device connections.
- Surfshark is the best easy-to-use budget provider to stream Amazon Prime Video. It also allows unlimited connections across your computer, smartphone, tablet, and other streaming devices.
- CyberGhost offers servers optimized for individual streaming platforms. Hence, no need to contact customer support for the best server to unblock and stream Amazon Prime. In addition to that, you get 7 simultaneous connections.
Amazon Prime sometimes blocks ExpressVPN if it logs some of the VPN’s IP addresses. In this case, you can switch to other ExpressVPN servers, contact ExpressVPN customer support to check your VPN status, or use ExpressVPN alternatives.
Yes, it’s legal to watch Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN.
However, it’s against Amazon’s terms of service, which state, “You may not use technology to obscure your location.” That said, Amazon Prime can’t penalize you, but it may block your Amazon Prime Video account.
You can’t get away with not paying for Amazon Prime by using ExpressVPN.
You’re only given a 30-day free trial, after which you can only watch free TV shows and movies without paying, with or without the VPN.
Now You Have It
I hope this guide showed you how to watch Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN.
Now, it’s your turn to unblock Amazon prime on your preferred device.
Ready to start watching everything you love on Amazon Prime Video from anywhere?
Grab these ExpressVPN discounts and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee to test its streaming abilities.