You can access the dark web with ExpressVPN through Tor or Brave browser on your laptop and mobile device. It’s best to connect to ExpressVPN before launching your Tor or Brave browser to protect your entry node IP address on the dark web.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to access the dark web quickly and safely with ExpressVPN.
How to Access the Dark Web Safely With ExpressVPN? (Step-By-Step Guide)
How you’ll access the dark web with ExpressVPN differs for PC and mobile devices. Below is a guide for both devices using Tor and Brave.
How to Access the Dark Web With ExpressVPN on PC Using Tor?
Here’s how to access the dark web with ExpressVPN using Tor on PCs:
- Buy an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Download and install the VPN app on your computer.
- Download and install Tor Browser on your PC.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and click the power button to connect to a server.
- Open Tor Browser and click “Connect.”
- Wait to be connected and enjoy surfing the dark web!
How to Access the Dark Web With ExpressVPN on PC Using Brave?
Here’s how to access the dark web on your PC with ExpressVPN using Brave:
- Buy an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Download and install the ExpressVPN PC app.
- Download and install Brave on your computer.
- Open the Brave app and click the hamburger menu “≡.”
- Click “New Private Window with Tor.”
- Surf safely!
How to Access the Dark Web With ExpressVPN on Mobile Devices?
Here’s how to access the dark web on your iOS and Android devices with ExpressVPN:
- Get an ExpressVPN plan. You can use the same subscription on mobile devices and PC.
- Download and install the Tor Browser (Android) or Onion Browser (iOS) on your mobile device.
- Open the ExpressVPN app and connect to a server.
- Open the Tor/Onion app and tap “Connect” (Android) or “Connect to Tor” (iOS).
- On your Android device, wait for a connection and start surfing.
- On your iOS device, wait for a connection, click “Next,” then choose your security level configuration (Gold, Silver, Bronze).
- Click “Start Browsing” to go dark!
How to Stay Safe While on the Dark Web With ExpressVPN?
Even while using ExpressVPN, you must jealously guard your private data on the dark web. Here are some extra tips for surfing the dark web with additional security:
Turn Off Your Location
Despite using a VPN, your location may still be visible to your ISP or hackers on the dark web. So, turn off your device’s location service before surfing.
When signing up for anything on the dark web, avoid using your real details like your phone number, email address, home address, photo, and name.
This will ensure you remain private and untraceable on the dark web.
Use Antivirus Software
Using reliable antivirus software will give you an added layer of protection from cyberattacks and other third-party interference on the dark web.
You should also update the antivirus software to prevent attacks from new virus definitions.
Additionally, Tor automatically disables some add-ons/plug-ins because they provide a medium for hackers to get your real IP address. It’s recommended to turn off all your add-ons before connecting to Tor.
Close Open Apps and Cover the Camera and Microphone on Your Device
Leaving apps (especially banking and streaming apps) open on your device can give prying eyes on the dark web access to your personal information.
Furthermore, covering your device’s camera and microphone ensures that criminals on the dark web can’t take any recording of you.
Surf the Dark Web Safely
The dark web isn’t strictly for criminal activities, as you can also access it for legal reasons. However, that isn’t enough reason to navigate this part of the web without protection.
Thankfully, ExpressVPN ensures you remain anonymous and safe from third parties like your ISP, the government, and hackers.
If you’re a new ExpressVPN user, grab these AMAZING deals to enjoy it cheaper and risk-free for 30 days.