The best way to access the dark web using PureVPN is to download and install the Tor browser, encrypt your traffic using PureVPN, and launch Tor to protect your entry node IP address.
The dark web can be dangerous if you don’t take the necessary precautions.
Anyone with sufficient time and technical know-how (such as the FBI) can link your internet traffic back to you.
Therefore, you need a reliable VPN, such as PureVPN, to remain anonymous.
Two Ways to Access the Dark Web With PureVPN
There are two main ways to access the dark web with PureVPN:
- Tor over PureVPN
- PureVN over Tor
Before we can get to either, you’ll need to do a couple of things first:
- Purchase a PureVPN plan.
- Download and install PureVPN. I’ll use the Windows version in this guide.
- Launch PureVPN and log in.
- Connect to your preferred server location.
- Get the Tor browser (free). I recommend accessing the TOR website using your browser’s private/incognito mode.
Method #1: Tor Over PureVPN
Tor over PureVPN is the safest and most recommended way to access onion URLs.
This method involves connecting to PureVPN, launching the Tor browser, and encrypting your internet traffic over PureVPN’s servers before going through the Tor network.
The benefit of Tor over PureVPN is that it protects your actual IP address at the entry node, making it impossible for trackers (like hackers, the government, or your ISP) to deanonymize you.
Method #2: PureVPN Over Tor
In this method, you first connect to Tor, then PureVPN.
The only benefit to this method is that websites blocking Tor traffic won’t restrict your access as your traffic now seems ordinary. However, you may not be able to access .onion sites anymore.
Note that PureVPN doesn’t have a protocol to support this setup.
Likewise, your ISP will know that you’re using Tor since it saw you launch the browser first.
Why PureVPN Is a Good VPN for the Dark Web
Tor encrypts your data by default. But you’re not safe from the government, internet service providers (ISPs), and anyone else if you don’t use a reliable VPN like PureVPN.
In addition to encrypting your IP address, PureVPN will:
- Safeguard your identity – The dark web is ground zero for scams and other online threats. PureVPN protects your identity by keeping it and your data anonymous.
- Bypass censorship – PureVPN will help you access websites and services blocked by your government or ISP. It’ll also give you access to the Tor network in regions where it’s censored.
- Keep no logs – PureVPN is a certified no-logs VPN provider, which means you don’t leave digital footprints on the dark web once you’re done browsing.
- Protect sensitive data – PureVPN protects your sensitive data from hackers, data harvesters, and other prying eyes.
Make Your Dark Web Browsing Better With PureVPN
Accessing the dark web is easy. Unfortunately, it’s not safe, no thanks to its unmonitored nature.
However, with PureVPN combined with your Tor browser, you can access the dark web without compromising security.
Follow the guidelines above, and you’ll be safe from anyone trying to snoop on you.
Don’t forget to grab our exclusive PureVPN deal to enjoy a massive discount on your subscription.