ExpressVPN doesn’t currently offer a dedicated family plan.
However, a single ExpressVPN subscription offers 5 simultaneous connections, making it ideal for smaller families. Alternatively, you can install ExpressVPN on your router to cover unlimited devices in your household.
Let’s examine how (and why) to get ExpressVPN for the whole family.
How to Get the ExpressVPN Family Plan?
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Download the ExpressVPN app.
- Get apps for all other devices. However, note that you will need the activation code for every new device.
Remember, every ExpressVPN subscription plan supports up to 5 simultaneous connections.
However, if you’re having trouble with ExpressVPN’s connection shortcomings, there are several ways you can bypass the five-device restriction:
- Install ExpressVPN on Your Router: Once you install ExpressVPN on your router, every device in your household will be protected, taking up only a single subscription slot. The only downside is that you’ll need an ExpressVPN-compatible router.
- Purchase an Additional Subscription: The easiest way to bypass ExpressVPN’s 5-device limit is to buy an additional subscription. You’ll need to use another email address to purchase a new subscription. However, two ExpressVPN accounts mean you can connect up to 10 separate devices without restrictions.
- Share Your VPN Connection From Your PC: This option requires turning your PC into a virtual router. Both Mac and Windows offer the ability to share ExpressVPN over Wi-Fi. Like the first method, this shared VPN connection only takes a single slot off the ExpressVPN connection list.
How Much Does the ExpressVPN Family Plan Cost?
ExpressVPN’s family plan is the cost of a regular subscription. Currently, they offer three pricing plans, as shown below:
If you’re looking for an ExpressVPN family plan discount, check out our fantastic ExpressVPN discount offer.
What Features Are Included in the ExpressVPN Family Plan?
ExpressVPN’s “family plan” includes all of its usual features, such as:
- Wide Server Network: ExpressVPN offers 3,000+ servers in 94 locations, letting your family use the internet as if you were in your home country, no matter how far you travel.
- Lightning-Fast Servers: Ensures your family enjoys smoother and throttle-free browsing, streaming, or gaming without a drop in internet speed.
- Military-Grade Encryption: ExpressVPN employs AES-256 encryption to protect your whole family while connecting to public WiFi hotspots at cafes, airports, or parks.
- Strict No-Logs Policy: ExpressVPN doesn’t log any data, so your whole family can freely share P2P files without worrying about your ISP catching on.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: ExpressVPN lets your whole family enjoy sites and services they love without ISP throttling, which could detract from your experience.
ExpressVPN Family Plan VPN Alternatives
ExpressVPN’s only downfall is the number of simultaneous connections, so it’s only great for smaller families.
If you’re looking for an alternative with more simultaneous connections, check these options:
Surfshark is a reliable VPN that offers unlimited simultaneous connections.
Thus, there’s no need for a unique family plan, as one Surfshark subscription is enough to cover all your family’s devices.
Compared to ExpressVPN, Surfshark offers a broader server list of 3,200+ in over 100 countries. Additionally, Surfshark is significantly cheaper. Therefore, your whole family will remain secure for less.
NordVPN is another excellent VPN that protects your whole household with just one subscription. Although it doesn’t offer a dedicated family plan, NordVPN is ideal for a smaller home since it provides six simultaneous connections.
It also offers an extensive list of 5600+ ultra-fast servers in 60 countries.
Plus, NordVPN is more affordable.
Atlas VPN doesn’t offer a dedicated family plan. However, like Surfshark, it provides unlimited simultaneous device connections, protecting the entire household.
However, Atlas VPN only offers 1,000+ servers in 49+ locations.
Still, with their dedicated streaming servers, the whole family can enjoy seamless 4K streaming with zero buffering.
Get ExpressVPN for the Whole Family
Unfortunately, ExpressVPN doesn’t offer any family plan. Neither does it offer the highest number of simultaneous connections. However, you can bypass its restrictions using the router method.
And although it’s a little pricier than its competitors, its services provide outstanding value that translates to excellent speed, superb security, and a vast server network.
Take advantage of ExpressVPN’s fantastic discount for your family and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee.