NordVPN doesn’t have servers in Pennsylvania, so you can’t unblock FOX 43, PHL 17, or CBS Philly with the VPN service provider when traveling abroad.
However, NordVPN offers a workaround via Meshnet to get a Pennsylvania IP in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, or anywhere else.
I’ll show you how to set it up (at no additional cost) and provide a reliable VPN alternative with a Pennsylvania IP address out of the box.
How to Get Pennsylvania IP Address via NordVPN?
NordVPN may lack a standard server in Pennsylvania, but you can use a Penn IP address by connecting to another local device in your Meshnet.
- Get a NordVPN subscription. Use these discounts to save more.
- Download and install the NordVPN app on your PC or smartphone. Meshnet works across these platforms.
- Launch the NordVPN app and log in with your account credentials. I’ll use the Windows PC app for my example.
- Enable Meshnet on your device.
- On PC: Click the Meshnet icon and toggle it ON. Then, follow the prompts to activate it.
- On Mobile: Tap the Meshnet icon in the bottom tray of the NordVPN app, then tap “Turn On“.
- Invite and connect a physical device (say PC #1) in Pennsylvania to your Meshnet network.
- Travel anywhere and route your traffic via PC #1 from anywhere to browse the web with a Pennsylvania IP address. Follow the video below for the full steps:
Reliable NordVPN Alternative With Pennsylvania Server
Multiple VPNs offer Pennsylvania servers, but not all are reliable enough to be NordVPN alternatives. Fortunately, Private Internet Access’ (PIA) campaign to have servers in all US states paid off, as it also has a Pennsylvania IP address.
Here’s how to get it:
- Subscribe to PIA. Get it cheaper than NordVPN with these discounts.
- Download and install PIA on your device. It also works on all the same devices NordVPN supports.
- Launch the app. Then, log in with your unique username (find it in your email) and password.
- Click the right arrow icon in front of the PIA-recommended location.
- Search for “Pennsylvania.”
- Click the server to select it.
- Click the big power button to connect.
- Test for leaks. I used www.ipleak.net and confirmed having a Pennsylvania IP address in Philadelphia.
- Enjoy your Pennsylvania IP address.
Now That You Have a Penn. IP Address
It’s time to securely connect to gaming peers in Pennsylvania without suffering DDoS attacks or exposing your anonymity to random PvP gamers.
You can even connect to the server to access local TV content like CBS 21 and ABC 27 abroad or bypass sports blackouts to non-Pennsylvania team games.
No matter why you need this IP address, you now have it via two options.
So, if you don’t mind Meshnet (free add-on), grab these NordVPN discounts.
But if you’d rather have a standard Pennsylvania server, don’t let these PIA deals pass you by.