NordVPN can be used in India. Despite lacking Indian servers, the VPN boasts 5500+ servers in 60 countries for unblocking content in the country.
Also, NordVPN has two kill switches, AES 256-bit encryption, and a Threat Protection feature. Thus, it secures your data from the Indian government, Reliance Jio, Vodafone, Airtel Xstream Fiber, etc.
Plus, NordVPN servers aren’t affected by India’s Computer Emergency Response Team rules. So you’ll have a seamless experience unblocking international content and protecting your internet endeavors.
How to Set Up NordVPN in India?
NordVPN offers native apps for Android, Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, Android TV, etc. So, you can set up the VPN provider on your preferred device to unblock content, bypass ISP throttling, and access geo-restricted websites in India.
Here’s the setup:
- Sign up for NordVPN account. Use these time-limited offers to cut costs!
- Download and install NordVPN app on your device(s). I’ll use Windows PC for this example.
- Start the VPN app and sign in with your account details (email and password) from step 1.
- Enable the kill switch to prevent IP leaks if the VPN disconnects suddenly. Go to Settings > Kill Switch > Internet Kill Switch.
- Choose a suitable VPN protocol, preferably NordLynx, as it balances connection speed and security. Go to Settings > Connection > VPN protocol > NordLynx.
- Tap the globe icon and click “Quick Connect” to connect automatically to the fastest available NordVPN server. Alternatively, click the inverted caret symbol and search your preferred server location from the search bar.
- Conduct an IP/DNS leak test to confirm your connection is on a VPN-assigned IP address based on the selected server in #step 6.
- Enjoy seamless content unblocking and secure internet browsing when using RailWire or other WiFi hotspots in India.
What's the Best NordVPN Server for India?
The best NordVPN server in India will depend on what you intend to do.
For example, whether you want to unblock a specific streaming service or download torrents.
For kicks, I tested NordVPN servers with BBC iPlayer, and its London—UK server was the best to unblock the streaming service in India. Other best NordVPN servers, which I tested across different streaming services, are as tabled below:
Regarding torrenting, NordVPN offers a decent number of P2P-optimized servers, which you can use for P2P file sharing and downloading torrents in India.
However, I recommend Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, or Thailand servers for torrenting in India because they are the nearest to the country, thus offering faster torrent download speeds.
Is NordLynx the Best VPN Protocol for India?
I talked to a NordVPN live chat agent, who affirmed that NordLynx is the fastest protocol, making it the best protocol for India.
To verify support’s answer, I tested NordLynx against the other NordVPN protocols over the London–UK using my 30 Mbps base connection speed.
Here are my results:
Furthermore, NordLynx is the best protocol for India because it balances these super-fast speeds with security. So, you don’t have to worry about your sensitive data, browsing history, or IP address leaking to your Indian ISP, government, or other third parties.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NordVPN will unblock Pornhub and other geo-restricted porn sites in India.
However, you should connect to a NordVPN server in a country where Pornhub isn’t restricted (like the US or UK).
NordVPN doesn’t have Indian servers. India’s Computer Emergency Response Team ordered all Indian internet infrastructure companies, including ISPs and VPN companies, to collect customers’ data and store it for five years, which they could hand to the government whenever requested. Following that order, NordVPN shut down its Indian servers on June 2022 to guarantee users’ privacy.
Enjoy Content Unblocking and Top Notch Security in India With NordVPN!
NordVPN might lack an Indian server, but that doesn’t affect its performance in the country. In fact, you can unblock Netflix US, BBC iPLayer, Hulu, etc., in India across 5500+ NordVPN servers in 60 countries.
Sum that up with solid security techniques such as 256-bit encryption, kill switches, and Threat Protection feature to stay safe against Vodafone, BSNL, the Indian government, or other third-party pryings.
Ready to start? Take advantage of my time-limited NordVPN offers to try the Virtual Private Network service for 30 days risk-free in India.