Surfshark works with Craigslist! This is good news for those wanting to use the classifieds from anywhere.
Plus, Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 100 countries, so several IPs are up for grabs. These IPs harmonize with Craigslist, allowing users to mask locations and use the website remotely. Plus, the VPN can be used to bypass wrongful bans!
Read on to explore how Surfshark can connect you to the right communities while offering military-grade encryption.
How to Use Surfshark With Craigslist?
It’s easy to use Surfshark with Craigslist – it pretty much narrows down to connecting to a VPN server in your preferred location.
But to leave no stone unturned, I’ll walk you through the steps:
- Purchase your preferred Surfshark subscription and validate your account.
- Enter your Surfshark web account and download the Surfshark app on the device you want to use Craigslist on.
- Launch your app and log in with your credentials.
- Enter your preferred server location in the locations search bar. For example, I’m in South Africa, but I searched for a server in “New York.”
- Click a location to automatically connect to the server.
- Open Craigslist in your web browser to log in or create an account.
- Enter your Craigslist account. Notice the account has been allocated to your server region, not your real location.
- Continue to browse classifieds or click “post” to create ads targeted at your server region.
By connecting to a Surfshark remote server, you can use Craigslist to post and browse classified ads mostly anywhere in the world.
Can I Use Surfshark to Unblock Craigslist?
You can use Surfshark to unblock Craigslist!
However, the classifieds website actively blocks suspicious (VPN) IPs, so this functionality is wavering and often entails trial and error to work.
It’s common for Craigslist to ban users who breach the website’s terms and conditions. They do this by blocking the user’s IP address. Surfshark provides a second chance by offering several new IPs to connect with.
I ran my own test to put my money where my mouth was. First, I breached Cragslists terms and conditions by posting the same ad multiple times in a short period.
They picked up on my trend and locked my account within 36 hours.
To bypass this ban, I connected to Surfshark New York server #5 using the WireGuard protocol. I created a new Craigslist account and continued using the platform, this time sticking to T’s and C’s!
Can You Use Surfshark Dedicated IP for Craigslist?
You can use Surfshark Dedicated IP for Craigslist! But this is only if it hasn’t already been banned. Behave yourself on Craigslist, and you’ll have no issues.
Note that the dedicated IP is limited to a few countries: Japan, Netherlands, the UK, the US, Australia, Germany, and South Africa.
I use a dedicated IP to avoid pesky CAPTCHAS on Craigslist.
- Purchase your Surfshark plan and create an account.
- Log in to your Surfshark web account.
- Click VPN > Dedicated IP > Upgrade.
- Enter your payment details to add a dedicated IP to your current plan.
- Go back to your Surfshark account dashboard and click “Dedicated IP.”
- Select the location of your dedicated IP. Note you can’t change this location, so choose carefully.
- Click “Activate.”
- You’ll receive a notification confirming the set-up of your Dedicated IP. Click “Got it” to complete the set-up. Now the dedicated IP will be available on all your Surfshark dedicated apps.
- Launch your app and connect to your dedicated IP server.
- Navigate to Craigslist and continue using the platform under your dedicated IP’s privacy and protection.