To use MEGA with Surfshark, connect to a Surfshark server before opening the download platform. Luckily, Surfshark has 3200+ servers to bypass MEGA’s 5GB limit.
Moreover, Surfshark’s unlimited bandwidth, speed, and simultaneous device connections ensure quick MEGA transfers on all your devices.
I’ll share how to boost MEGA speeds with Surfshark and avoid download caps.
How to Set Up and Use MEGA With Surfshark?
Use these steps to download or upload MEGA files with Surfshark:
- Subscribe to Surfshark if you need a plan. Here are its best offers.
- Download Surfshark to your PC/mobile, install, launch, and sign in.
- Activate the kill switch for the entire download duration. This prevents IP leaks that may lead to quota-limit messages. Click Settings > VPN Settings > Kill Switch.
- Connect to a server.
- Open MEGA and access or upload files.
Can I Bypass MEGA's Download Limit With Surfshark?
You can bypass MEGA’s download limit with Surfshark by switching servers.
I tested Surfshark protocols with a small file (245.1 MB) to find the fastest option before attempting to surpass the limit. The table below summarizes download durations:
|Protocol||Trial One (Seconds)||Trial Two (Seconds)||Trial Three (Seconds)||Average (Seconds)|
Once connected to WireGuard (the fastest protocol for MEGA), I downloaded a 7.2GB folder in 62 minutes using the following steps:
- Close MEGA in your browser.
- Switch Surfshark servers.
- Open your MEGA link (while logged out) in private browsing or incognito mode. This ensures MEGA won’t identify you using cookies and block further downloads.
- Resume your downloads and close MEGA again as you near the limit.
- Connect to another Surfshark server, open MEGA, and proceed.
How Fast Does Surfshark Upload Files to MEGA?
Surfshark uploads files to MEGA as quickly as 2.76MB/second on a 7.24 Mbps WireGuard connection.
Here’s a summary of how long it took to upload a 283.8MB file:
|Protocol||Upload One (Seconds)||Upload Two (Seconds)||Upload Three (Seconds)||Average (Seconds)|
Beat MEGA’s Download Caps With Surfshark
Surfshark’s quick uploads and faster download speeds make it an excellent VPN for MEGA.
Not to mention, the provider supports unlimited simultaneous connections.
Hence, you can slice transfer times significantly by uploading or downloading files and folders on as many devices as desired.
And you also save time by bypassing MEGA’s limit with Surfshark!
So, get Surfshark now, and spend more time learning free courses, enjoying movies, etc., and less transferring.