You can play FFXIV with Surfshark. In fact, I use Surfshark frequently when I play Final Fantasy since my internet connection is slower on NA DCs (I’m in the EU).
Specifically, Surfshark helps stabilize my ping and eliminate lag, so I can attempt savage content with my static without jeopardizing the whole team!
Plus, you can use Surfshark for FFXIV whether you play on PC, PlayStation, or Mac.
Keep reading to see setup guides for each device!
How to Play FFXIV With Surfshark on PC?
- Select “VPN Settings,” followed by “Protocol.”
- Select “WireGuard,” as it is a lighter protocol that’ll deliver fast speeds without compromising security.
- On the left-side menu, click “VPN.”
- Select a server near your FF14 DC for reliable connection speeds.
- Fire up FFXIV and enjoy housing to your heart’s content!
How to Play FFXIV With Surfshark on PlayStation?
You can play Final Fantasy 14 on PlayStation by creating a virtual router, but you’ll need a computer. I’ll use Windows 10 in my example:
- Subscribe to Surfshark and install it on your PC.
- Click “Start” and search for “Mobile Hotspot.”
- Enable “Share my Internet connection with other devices.”
- Click “Edit” to modify the network name and password.
- Select “Change adapter options” under “Related settings.”
- Write the number that appears under “Local Area Connection.”
- Right-click “TAP-Surfshark Windows Adapter” and choose “Properties.”
- Click the “Sharing” tab and check the box “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Under “Home networking connection,” select the Local Area Connection you noted above and click “OK.”
- Open Surfshark VPN app.
- Repeat steps 3-7 under the FF14 PC setup above.
- Power on your PlayStation and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Connect to the virtual router by accessing the “Network” settings.
- Launch FFXIV and enjoy conquering PS1-8!
Why Use Surfshark to Play FFXIV?
Here’s why I play FFXIV with Surfshark:
- Surfshark has over 3,200 servers across 100 countries. You can pick a server near your DC for the best performance.
- It eliminates high ping and provides stable speed when participating in intense content like FATEs, savage, and Eureka.
- Surfshark provides a split tunneling feature, so you can connect FFXIV to Surfshark and listen to local radio on your browser while playing at the Gold Saucer.
- Surfshark offers obfuscated servers that you can use to connect to the North American, Japanese, or European Union’s data centers from China.
- Surfshark has AES-256-bit encryption, a kill switch, DDoS protection, and DNS leak protection. These features are useful if you’re playing on public Wi-Fi.
- Lastly, Surfshark is installable on Windows, Mac, and PlayStation.
Surfshark is one of the best VPNs for FFXIV – it helps eliminate lag and stabilize ping.
It also offers unlimited bandwidth and thousands of servers, so you’ll never struggle with a “Poor” connection status on faraway DCs.
Take advantage of these discounts to save BIG on Surfshark!