AI is among the most intriguing, unsettling, and controversial technology trends of the 21st century.
After all, by giving birth to robots, chatbots, virtual assistants, and autonomous vehicles, AI has already altered how we think and interact with the world around us.
But what is the latest innovation in AI, and how rapidly is it emerging?
To feed your curiosity, I conducted deep research on AI’s impact on various industries along with current market trends and projections for the future.
Top 8 AI Statistics (Editor’s Pick)
- Artificial intelligence is anticipated to contribute $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
- Since 2000, the number of AI startups has multiplied fourteen times.
- The overall AI in medical imaging market size is projected to hit $20.9 billion by 2030.
- AI Automotive market size is set to cross $600 billion value by 2032.
- The value of AI in marketing worldwide will hit $107.54 billion by 2028.
- AI automation will replace 7% of US jobs by 2025.
- There will be more than 130.1 million voice assistant users in the US by 2025.
- 91% of executives believe machine learning will be crucial to their companies in 2022.
Artificial Intelligence Market Size and Growth Statistics
1. The global artificial intelligence market was valued at $136.6 billion in 2022.
It was a significant gain compared to the $93.5 billion market size in 2021.
2. By 2030, it is estimated that the worldwide AI market will be worth $1,811.8 billion.
Between 2022 and 2030, it will keep increasing at a 38.1% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
3. Artificial intelligence is anticipated to contribute $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
This transition is likely to occur as a result of strategic investment in various AI technologies. 45% of this economic gain will be due to the rising customer demand due to improved personalization, allure, and affordability with AI.
4. The GDP of local economies will rise due to AI, with China predicted to have the largest increase of 26% by 2030.
North America’s GDP is also likely to gain a 14.5% boost, combined with China’s forecasted growth, equal to $10.7 trillion, representing about 70% of the global economic impact.
5. The Global AI chip market is expected to reach $304.09 billion by 2030.
In 2021, this was valued at $20.77 billion and is currently growing at a CAGR of 29.9% from 2022-2030.
AI Adoption Statistics in the Business & IT Industry
6. In 2022, 53% of IT organizations worldwide claimed to have advanced AI adoption during the previous 24 months.
This rate is notably higher than in 2021, when only 43% of companies were advancing in AI.
7. 81% of tech executives said AI would be crucial to their businesses in 2022.
In addition, 12% of respondents said they intended to spend the most resources on AI in the upcoming year.
8. The greatest rate of AI adoption is seen in Chinese and Indian corporations, at about 60%.
In 2022, the adoption of AI here is more than twice as high as it is in other nations, including the US (25%), the UK (26%), South Korea (22%), and Australia (24%).
9. 81% of office workers believe that AI improves their overall productivity in the workplace.
Additionally, 51% of these employees, when surveyed in 2021, said that AI improves their ability to maintain a work/life balance.
10. In 2021, only 1% of those who adopted AI thoroughly claimed the projects' returns fell short of their expectations.
On the other hand, 42% claimed that the results of their AI initiatives were better than anticipated.
11. 49% of companies are expected to invest over 30% of their tech budgets in AI development by 2024.
In 2021, only 19% of companies dedicated less than 30% of their tech budgets to AI adoption.
12. Since 2000, the number of AI startups has multiplied fourteen times.
While investments in these AI startups have multiplied six-fold.
AI Adoption Statistics in Finance Industry
13. 91% of financial institutions invest in AI to drive critical business outcomes in 2022.
43% of respondents stated that AI is producing models with higher accuracy and assisting them in creating a competitive advantage, optimizing operational efficiencies, and improving customer experience.
14. The market for AI in Fintech is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 25.3% between 2022 and 2027.
AI enables banks and fintech businesses to process enormous volumes of client data, which is then compared to determine timely services/products customers want.
15. By 2023, it is estimated that banks using AI technologies will save $447 billion collectively.
By 2025, North American banks could save $70 billion by using AI to automate middle-office operations.
16. The Global AI in banking market size is projected to reach $64.03 billion by 2030.
The market size was valued at $3.88 billion in 2020 and is growing at a CAGR of 32.6% from 2021 to 2030.
AI Adoption Statistics in Healthcare Sector
17. AI in the global healthcare market size is forecasted to reach $187.95 billion in 2030.
In 2021, this market was worth around $11 billion worldwide. It’s predicted to grow at a 37% CAGR from 2022 to 2030.
18. The overall AI in medical imaging market size is projected to hit $20.9 billion by 2030.
Since this was $1.7 billion in 2022, it is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 36.87% from 2022 to 2030.
AI Adoption Statistics in Education Industry
19. AI in worldwide education market size is projected to reach $30 billion by 2032.
In 2022, it was valued at $4 billion and is expected to witness a 10% CAGR from 2023 to 2032. More than 15% of the industry’s global revenue will come from the Europe market for AI in education by 2032.
20. Over 47% of learning management tools will have AI powering them by 2024.
By enabling more individualized learning levels thro ugh its efficient machine applications, hyper-personalization, and on-demand digital content tailored for each student, AI is expected to have a tremendous impact on education.
21. 2.7 seconds was the average response time of an AI-powered chatbot while responding to a student's inquiry in 2020.
Even though these chatbots can’t take the place of a human teacher, they can support learning outside the school premises.
AI Adoption Statistics in Automotive Industry
22. AI Automotive market size is set to cross $600 billion value by 2032.
This market had a value of over $6 billion in 2022 and is forecasted to grow at over 55% CAGR from 2023 to 2032. This rise will be caused by increased demand for fully and semi-autonomous vehicles.
23. 63% of Americans say they would not travel in a driverless car.
Only 37% of respondents said they would like to do this if presented with a choice in 2021.
AI Adoption Statistics in Customer Service, Marketing, and Sales Industry
24. To create and deliver targeted ad campaigns, 71% of marketers are investing in AI.
Notably, over 58% consider content personalization to be the most significant advantage of AI in 2019.
25. 81% of consumers were receptive to marketers using AI to give tailored product and service recommendations in 2022.
However, 44% of these consumers say that their acceptance of AI-powered suggestions “depends on the company.”
26. For every dollar spent, marketing automation returned $5.44 in profit in 2021.
These results were recorded during the first three years post-deployment, and the payback period was under six months.
27. The market value of AI in marketing worldwide will hit $107.54 billion by 2028.
This market size was estimated at just $15.84 billion in 2021.
28. A quarter of consumers (26%) claimed to use AI daily in 2022.
This does not consider the consumers who are unaware that they could be engaging with an AI.
Statistics of Benefits of AI Adoption
29. Netflix saves $1 billion annually with AI.
AI and machine learning powers the recommendation engine of the streaming giant efficiently in the 2020s. Based on an analysis of the customers’ viewing habits, it recommends movies and TV series that the consumers would like.
30. 54% of executives who work with AI solutions claim that the productivity of their businesses has already increased.
These leaders use AI in 2020s to discover trends in historical data, automate complex processes, and give predictive intelligence to support human judgment.
Statistics of Obstacles to AI Adoption
31. 28% of people preferred the human touch to finish the job when feasible in 2021.
Even though these individuals use digital services, they frequently turn to in-person services when possible.
32. As per 5% of survey respondents in 2022, powerful AI would likely have "extremely bad" long-term effects on humanity.
48% of respondents stated there was at least a 10% probability of a disastrous outcome, while 25% expressed far less concern by putting the likelihood at 0%.
AI Taking Over the Employment Predictions
33. By 2025, AI will eliminate 85 million jobs while adding 97 million new ones.
The top employability skills required in 2025 are analytical thinking, creativity, and flexibility.
34. AI automation will replace 7% of US jobs by 2025.
While the equivalent of 9% employment will be generated, 16% of US jobs will be displaced.
35. By 2030, 75 to 375 million people could have to change their job sectors and pick up new skills.
If AI automation spreads like wildfire, China will have the most workers who need to change careers–up to 100 million people.
36. By 2030, up to 30% of all hours worked might be automated globally.
The effects vary significantly as per the speed of AI adoption, country, occupation, and industry.
37. Men are at a greater risk of losing jobs due to AI automation by 2030.
Around the world, 40 to 160 million working women (7 to 24%) may need to change employment. For men, this range is 8 to 28%.
AI-Powered Virtual Assistants and Chatbots Statistics
38. AI-powered voice assistants are currently available on over 4 billion devices.
By 2024, this figure is anticipated to reach 8.4 billion, exceeding the current global population.
39. At the beginning of 2020, 51% of Americans said they had used a voice-activated personal assistant on their smartphone.
24% of the respondents claimed to have utilized voice assistants on their TV or TV remote.
40. Amazon Alexa is considered the most intelligent virtual assistant by 44% of US respondents.
From July 16-18, 2022, with 33% of the vote, Google Assistant was ranked second alongside Apple Siri, which received 30%. On the contrary, most respondents found Alexa to be the least trustworthy with their data.
41. The global smart speaker market is expected to hit $34.24 billion by 2028.
The market was valued at $9.04 billion in 2021 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 21.0% from 2021 to 2028.
42. There will be more than 130.1 million voice assistant users in the US by 2025.
In 2021, there were 120.4 million voice assistant users in the US, which equals 46.2% of the population.
43. 82% of respondents engaged with a chatbot in 2022.
The majority of these respondents—70%- had resolved all or most of their inquiries.
44. 98% of marketers claim that chatbots enhance the customer journey.
While 93% of marketers consider chatbots a part of their customer experience strategy in 2022.
45. 69% of respondents are satisfied with their last conversation with a chatbot in 2023.
21% had a neutral experience, and only 10% were unsatisfied with the chatbot’s responses.
46. Retail consumers are forecasted to spend $142 billion via chatbots by 2024.
This is a 400% annual growth over the following four years, up from $2.8 billion in 2019.
Machine Learning Predictions and Statistics
47. The global machine learning market value is expected to reach $209.91 billion by 2029.
In 2022, this market was valued at $21.17 billion and is exhibiting a CAGR of 38.8% from 2022 to 2029.
48. 91% of executives believe machine learning will be crucial to their companies in 2022.
18% of executives indicated they would be most eager to watch machine learning advance during the coming year.
49. Outsourcing machine learning operations (MLOps) via third-party solutions will reduce maintenance costs for businesses by 19-21% in 2023.
When employing third-party machine learning solutions, data scientists deploy successful models more quickly and with a smaller percentage of their time spent on model implementation.
AI for Enhanced Cybersecurity Marketing Trends and Predictions
50. AI in cybersecurity is anticipated to reach $133.8 billion by 2030.
The market size in 2021 was valued at $14.9 billion and is growing at a CAGR of 21% from 2022 to 2030 due to the growing number of cyber-attacks.
51. Cybercriminals can weaponize AI to generate phishing emails that they can exploit to transmit malware or gather valuable data.
Security experts have observed that AI-generated phishing emails have higher chances of being opened than manually created ones, deceiving potential victims into clicking on them and initiating attacks.
52. Fully deployed AI and automation systems can help organizations detect and contain a breach 28 days sooner, saving USD 3.05 million in costs.
In 2022, even organizations that partially used AI and automation performed far better than those that did not.
The most powerful and extensive AI system in 2022, GPT-3 by OpenAI, has over 175 billion “parameters”—variables and data points that machines can use to process language. In November 2022, ChatGPT, a conversational software for GPT-3, was launched, making it simpler for millions of users to engage in natural conversations with this state-of-the-art AI technology.
More than a third of businesses (35%) reported using AI in their operations in 2022, a four-point rise from 2021. A massive rise was also seen in the AI adoption gap between larger and smaller companies. Compared to only 69% in 2021, larger firms are now 100% more likely than smaller ones to utilize AI.
The USA, China, Japan, Germany, and the United Kingdom are among the leading countries in AI research. By 2030, China intends to establish itself as “a principal world center of artificial intelligence innovation.” The USA’s exceptional pool of AI research technology and business market strength is beneficial to achieve their AI developmental goals. However, China may surpass the United States in the AI race because its currently leading in modern computers, robotics, cutting-edge medical technology, and autonomous vehicles.
What the Future of AI Has in Store for Us?
The statistics make it self-evident that AI is not a fad. While there are concerns about employment being lost, data suggests that AI will also lead to more startups and job creation in the future.
One way or another, AI is here to stay. Anyone who gets on board with it will reap the first-mover advantage, so we should get used to seeing businesses adopt artificial intelligence-driven technologies to achieve the most ROI.