Facebook is the largest subsidiary of Meta, reshaping how marketing is done in the modern world, including how people connect with their friends and families.
Launched in 2019, Facebook has come a long way, and 98% of its revenue comes from ads. But that is not all about this social media behemoth’s ad presence.
Thus, we have collected a few interesting Facebook ad revenue statistics that will get a second look from you.
6 Key Facebook Ad Statistics to Remember (Editor’s Pick)
- Facebook advertisers could reach 2.9 billion monthly active users on the platform as of Q4 of 2022.
- In January 2022, Facebook ads reached 329.65 million Indian users.
- Ads accounted for 97.5% of Facebook’s total revenue in 2022.
- Facebook Marketplace ads reached over half a million users in January 2022.
- Facebook’s advertising revenue will grow to $170.82 billion in 2024.
- 66.9% of Facebook’s overall user base is targeted with ads.
Facebook Ad Audience Statistics
1. Facebook advertisers could reach 2.9 billion monthly active users on the platform as of Q4 of 2022.
Likewise, around 2 billion users log in to their Facebook accounts daily using the app, website, or messenger.
2. 25-34-year-old males were the majority of Facebook's advertising audience.
This group accounted for 18.4% of the Facebook user base in January 2022. Conversely, females in the same age bracket comprised 12.9% of Facebook’s advertising audience.
3. In January 2022, Facebook ads reached 329.65 million Indian users.
Thus, making it the largest region by ad reach. The United States came in second with a reach of 179.65 million, while Indonesia (129.85 million) rounded up the top three.
4. 55.1% of the Facebook Marketplace ad audience in 2022 were male.
And 44.9% were female.
5. Facebook advertisers in 2022 reached more mobile than desktop users.
As of Jan 2022, 16.7% of Facebook users accessed the platform from mobile or desktop. Another 81.8% used their mobile phones, and 98.5% used other mobile devices like tablets and basic phones.
In that period, only 1.5% of the surveyed audience launched Facebook from their desktop or laptop computers.
Facebook Ad Revenue by Region
6. North America was Facebook’s primary revenue generator in 2022.
Facebook made $54.5 billion in North America, while Europe generated $25.7 billion, and the Asia-Pacific came in third ($23.4 billion), despite having the most users in the third region.
Facebook generated a combined $12.7 billion in the rest of the world.
|North America||$54.5 billion|
|Rest of the world||$12.7 billion|
7. South Asia was Facebook’s biggest potential ad base in January 2023.
Southern Asia had a potential ad base of 417.2 million users, while Southeastern Asia guaranteed ad visibility to about 366.8 million users.
Ad Revenue Generated by Demography
8. Over 6 in 10 Americans over 13 saw ads on Facebook in Q4 2022.
62.6% of American Facebook users older than 13 saw ads on Facebook in the reporting period.
In Mexico, the figure was 87.0%, followed by the UK with 60.7% and France with 56.1%.
9. 66.9% of Facebook’s overall user base is targeted with ads.
As of Jan 2023, Facebook’s advertising audience was 1.983 billion.
Advertising Trends on Facebook
10. Ads accounted for 97.5% of Facebook's total revenue in 2022.
The other 2.5% came from other revenue sources like in-app payments, enterprise software, and other sources.
11. Facebook’s average revenue per user (ARPU) worldwide was $10.86 in 2022.
It was the highest in the US and Canada ($59.77), followed by Europe ($17.29), Asia-Pacific ($4.61), and the rest of the world ($3.52).
|Region||Average Revenue Per User (ARPU)|
|US and Canada||$58.77|
|Rest of the world||$3.52|
12. Facebook witnessed a decrease in ad revenue in 2022.
Facebook’s global revenue worldwide in 2022 was $118.1 billion, of which $113.6 billion was from ads. Compared to 2021, Facebook’s revenue worldwide was $117.9 billion, where the revenue from ads was $114.9 million.
13. Facebook’s profits from ads declined in 2022.
In 2020, Facebook’s ad-generated profits were $29.1 billion, climbing to $39.3 billion in 2021 before slumping in 2022 to $23.1 billion.
14. Facebook’s app generated $60 billion, majorly in ad revenue, in 2022.
The remainder of the $58.1 billion came from its website and other web applications.
15. Over 200 million businesses are on Facebook.
And in 2023, the platform has around 10 million active advertisers driving ad revenue.
16. Facebook Marketplace ads reached over half a million users in January 2022.
562 million people were on Facebook’s Marketplace in the period, which is nearly 26% of Facebook’s ad reach.
17. Facebook’s advertising revenue is forecasted to grow to $170.82 billion in 2024.
By 2026, Facebook’s advertising revenue is expected to hit $202.94 billion.
Facebook: The Biggest Advertising Company
Facebook has been a part of many controversies and backlashes, but it remains relevant after 19 years. In fact, Facebook ads reach 2.9 billion users, which is more than India and China’s combined population.
So, if you are a marketer or a small business owner, Facebook is the place to scale your business.
But what about its competitor — Twitter? Check out our Twitter statistics to see how it could also fit into your marketing arsenal.