Understanding the trends and statistics of Facebook can be beneficial for businesses, marketers, and individuals who want to market their products and services.
Keep reading to discover Facebook’s current trends and statistics.
We’ll highlight the most critical aspects and provide an overview of the platform’s growth.
Top 6 Facebook Statistics (Editor’s Pick)
- The Facebook marketplace has the largest market share for social commerce space, with 51.19%.
- The Facebook app had 416 million downloads on Google Play Store in 2021.
- India is the leading country with the highest number of Facebook users.
- 41% of consumers were shopping daily via mobile in 2022.
- LADbible is the most talked-about Facebook page.
- By 2021, Facebook had revenue of over $100 billion.
Facebook User Statistics
By the end of 2022’s third quarter, Facebook had more than 2.96 billion monthly active users, making it the world’s largest online social network.
2. US Facebook users will hit 260 million by 2027.
The number of Facebook users in the United States will reach 260 million by 2027.
This number increased to 239 million in 2022 from 233 million in 2021.
We predict that in 2024 the number will reach 247.72 million users.
Facebook Stats for Business
3. There are 60 million Facebook business pages.
As of 2022, Facebook has 60 million business pages. 93% of the business pages are active.
The Facebook marketplace has the largest market share for social commerce space, taking 51.19%, followed by Instagram, with a 15.81% market share in 2022.
Facebook Mobile Statistics
5. 98.5% of Facebook users use any kind of mobile phone to access the platform.
As of 2022, 98.5% of Facebook users were using any mobile phone to access the platform. 1.5% of the users accessed Facebook with a laptop or a desktop computer.
6. The Facebook app had 416 million downloads on Google Play Store in 2021.
And as of January 2023, the app reached 5 billion downloads.
Facebook Demographics Statistics
7. India is the leading country with the highest number of Facebook users.
India is the largest country in terms of Facebook audience size, with over 239.65 million users. The United States is second with 179.65 million users, and Indonesia is third with 179.65 million users in 2022.
8. 23.7% of United States Facebook users are aged between 25 and 34 years.
The age bracket of 25 to 34 attracted the highest number of Facebook users in the United States in 2022. This accounts for 23.7% of all Facebook members. The age range of users who were 18 to 24 years old made up 18% of the total.
9. 57% of Facebook users are male.
Males made up 56.6% of Facebook’s audience as of January 2021, while females made up 43.4%.
Facebook Shopping Statistics
10. 41% of consumers were shopping daily via mobile in 2022.
This is compared to five years earlier when only 12% of customers shopped through mobile daily.
11. More than 1 billion people use Facebook shops each month.
Facebook Shops claimed an average of one million monthly users worldwide and about 250 million active stores between January and March 2021.
Facebook Page Likes Statistics
12. Facebook is the most liked page on Facebook.
As of January 2023, the Facebook page has 178 million likes, making it the number one page on its own platform. Samsung, an electronics company, comes in second with 162 million likes, and Christiano Ronaldo, a footballer, takes the third spot with 160 million likes.
13. Shakira is the first person to reach 100 million likes on Facebook.
Colombian musician Shakira became the first to receive 100 million Facebook likes on July 18, 2014, thus breaking a Guinness World Record.
Facebook Engagement Statistics
14. In 2022, 0.07% of the average Facebook page's fans engaged with its posts.
By January 2022, 0.07% of Facebook page fans engaged with posts published on a page. With a 0.13% interaction rate, status updates generated the highest level of interaction from page fans. The engagement rate for link posts was the lowest at 0.03%.
15. Mexico had the highest CTR for Facebook ads in 2021.
In the 3Q, Mexico was first with the highest click-through rate for Facebook advertising, tallying to $3.4 per click. The lowest click-through rate was in Russia at $1.4.
16. LADbible is the most talked-about Facebook page.
LADbible is the most talked-about Facebook page, with over 12.8 million counts.
3am Thoughts takes the second spot with 10.4 million counts, and Poesía Pura is third with 9.8 million counts.
Facebook Ad Statistics
17. Facebook's advertising revenue in the United States will reach 56 billion by 2024.
The amount of money Facebook made through advertising in the United States in 2021 was $50.57 billion—a 33% increase from 2020. Projections indicated that the revenue would decrease in 2022 before quickly recovering the following year and is expected to reach 56 billion by 2024.
Marketers worldwide used Facebook more than any other social media network as of January 2022. 90% of them used Facebook, and 79% went to Instagram to showcase their companies.
19. By 2021, Facebook had revenue of over $100 billion.
Facebook’s revenue increased by 37% annually to $117.9 billion in 2021, surpassing the $100 billion mark for the first time.
Facebook Video Statistics
Live streams made up 12% of all videos shared on Facebook in 2021 and often had twice the engagement.
21. Facebook videos have a click rate of 59.3%.
A 2021 survey asked 26 marketers what generates ad clicks. The majority said that Facebook videos draw the most ad clicks at 59.3%, while images get a 29.6%. The remaining 11% said they didn’t care.
Facebook Content Removal Statistics
22. Facebook removed 1.4 million fake accounts in the 2Q of 2022.
Facebook removed 1.4 billion fake profiles in the Q2 of 2022, marking a decrease from 1.6 billion in Q1.
23. Facebook removed 38.4 million adult content in 2022.
Facebook deleted 38.4 million pieces of content relating to adult nudity and sexual behavior in the second quarter of 2022, surpassing Q1 of that same year by 7.4 million pieces.
Facebook deleted 8.2 million bullying and harassment-related content in the Q2 of 2022. In the previous quarter, it reached a record number of 9.5 million.
25. In 2022, Facebook took down 13.5 million items of hate speech.
As of 2022, Facebook deleted hate speech posts totaling 13.5 million.
Compare this to Q1 of 2021, with 1.6 million more hateful content removed.
26. 13.6 million terrorism propaganda content was removed by Facebook in 2022.
Facebook pulled down 13.6 million posts promoting terrorism in the Q2 of 2022, which is lower than Q1 by 2.5 million.
27. In 2022, Facebook deleted 26.1 million pieces of violent and graphic content.
Facebook removed 26.1 million violent and graphic content in the Q1 of 2022, showing an increase of one million from the previous quarter.
The Q1 of 2021 recorded the highest number, with 34 million violent and graphic content removed.
Other Facebook Statistics
28. Links were the most widely used format for brand postings on Facebook in 2021.
In 2021, links made up the majority of brand posts on Facebook, with 38.78%, followed closely by photos, which came at 38.58%. Videos and albums account for the rest, with 15.51% and 7.13%, respectively.
29. In 2022, msn.com referred the most traffic to Facebook.
As of May 2022, 6.13% of Facebook’s referral traffic originated from msn.com. accounts.spotify.com was second, with 3.94% of the referral traffic. The third spot went to Google, with a 3.15% referral traffic to Facebook.
Connect to Facebook Today!
The statistics show that Facebook usage is still growing, especially among younger users. This is good news for businesses that use Facebook to market their products and services.