You can change your Tinder location with a VPN by connecting to a virtual server to get a new IP address. This is quite handy, considering how impossible it is to change your location on the app unless you pay for premium subscriptions.
But what if you don’t want to spend a dime but still change your location to expand your matches? This is a quick look at how you can change your location on Tinder app using a premium VPN.
Why Do I Need to Change My Tinder Location With a VPN?
You may need to change your GPS location with a VPN for the following reasons.
- To beat network restrictions: This could be nationwide Tinder bans or school/work network Tinder blocks. A VPN allows you to change your virtual location and bypass the block.
- To find new matches in other regions: The free version of Tinder restricts searches to a 100-mile radius. To match with new people from different regions, you’ll have to use a virtual IP address provided by a VPN.
- To protect yourself from phishing and other threats: The Tinder Swindler documentary proved how easy it is for people to get sensitive information about vulnerable people. A VPN hides your IP and encrypts your traffic, making it hard for potential fraudsters and hackers to contact you.
Step-By-Step Guide on Changing Tinder Location With a VPN
If you’re using Tinder on Android or iOS and want to change your location, follow these quick steps. For illustration purposes, we’ll use ExpressVPN as it’s the best VPN for changing location on Tinder.
- Download and install ExpressVPN from Google Play Store.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server of your choice.
- Launch Tinder and start browsing from your new location.
- Download and install ExpressVPN from the App Store.
- Launch the VPN and connect to a server of your choice.
- Open Tinder and start browsing from your new location.
Top 3 VPNs for Changing Location on Tinder
With so many VPNs out there, which one is the best for changing location on Tinder? Here are the top 3 VPNs for Tinder.
The following features make ExpressVPN one of the best VPNs for Tinder.
- It has 3000+ servers to change your Tinder location anywhere from its 94-country count.
- It also offers encryption that keeps you safe from Tinder fraudsters and hackers.
- It’s compatible with both Android and iOS.
- You get incredibly fast speeds that make matching and chatting with new matches faster.
Surfshark is another good alternative for Tinder for the following reasons.
- It has 3200+ servers for changing Tinder locations to supported locations in 99 countries.
- You get military-grade encryption that ensures you’re well protected against hackers and phishing fraudsters.
- It works with Android and iOS.
- It has blazing fast speeds for smooth Tinder video chats.
CyberGhost is my final Tinder VPN alternative, and it has the following features.
- 8800+ servers for changing Tinder location to supported locations in 91+ countries.
- Solid encryption for extra protection against scammers and hackers.
- Fast speeds to sustain video chats.
- Compatibility with Android and iOS.
Alternative Ways to Change Tinder Location
Besides VPNs, you can change your Tinder location using the following alternatives.
- Proxy Services: A web proxy service hides your IP address, making you anonymous. Since Tinder relies on your location information to show the matches around you, you’ll be able to trick it into believing you’re somewhere else. Thus, accessing matches from other regions.
- In-App: Tinder Gold has a Tinder Passport feature that allows Tinder users to drop their location pin anywhere and start matching with people in that area. But you’ll have to pay $4.99 per month for this feature.
- GPS Spoofing App: You can use a third-party fake GPS app to change your location on Tinder. These apps fake your actual location and trick Tinder into thinking you’re in another region. An example of a good mock location app is Fake GPS for Android and iSpoofer for iPhone.
Overall, a VPN is a better option than all these alternatives to change your location.
Most of these alternatives don’t work, have security and privacy flaws, and cost a lot.
If you have to spend money to change your Tinder location, then a VPN is better.
Tinder Location Not Changing With VPN? Troubleshooting Guide
Sometimes you may run into trouble when trying to change your Tinder location with a VPN. Try the following quick solutions to rectify that problem.
- Change servers: Try switching servers as you may be using a server located in a region that has blocked Tinder.
- Update VPN: Using an outdated version of a VPN may interfere with its efficiency. Update the VPN to eliminate any bugs that may stop you from changing your Tinder location.
- Restart the device: Try restarting your device to kill all running processes and give all your apps, including Tinder and VPNs, a chance to refresh and clear caches.
- Restart router: You could be experiencing connectivity problems due to your router. Switch it off and on again to refresh it.
- Switch VPNs: You can also change VPNs if the one you’re using isn’t working. This is especially common if you’re using a free VPN as it lacks the essential features necessary for changing Tinder location.
Does Tinder Block VPNs?
Tinder doesn’t explicitly block VPNs, but that doesn’t mean it encourages its use. You’re free to use a VPN to change your Tinder location. However, ensure you don’t hop around too suspiciously, as that may cause a red alert.
Can I Use a VPN to Reverse My Tinder Ban?
You can’t use a VPN to reverse your Tinder ban. Your account identifiers aren’t linked to your IP address, so a banned account will remain banned no matter where you go or switch to. Even so, a VPN can change your IP address to create a new account without getting associated with the old IP.
Can I Spoof My Location With a Free VPN?
You can spoof your location on Tinder using a free VPN, but the results won’t be as good as with a premium VPN.
Free VPNs have limited servers, meaning you’ll have fewer virtual locations.
Security and privacy are also inferior, and it’s easy for hackers and fraudsters to get your details if you use public networks to access Tinder.
Finally, the speeds are dismal, so you’ll struggle with video chats or speedy matches.