You can play Minecraft with ExpressVPN, which is good news for those wanting to play the sandbox game securely from anywhere without slowing speeds.
The VPN provider deems Minecraft a hub of educational materials, so it works with all editions, including Dungeons, Bedrock, and Education.
Read on to see how you can use Minecraft with ExpressVPN using features like Lightway and port forwarding to improve virtual worlds.
How to Play Minecraft With ExpressVPN?
The steps below show you how to play Minecraft with ExpressVPN to keep gaming under the radar of ISPs, avoid ISP throttling for smoother, unbuffered gaming, and keep your data safe from DDoS attackers.
Here are the steps:
- Click here to get an exclusive discount on your ExpressVPN subscription.
- Click “Start Your Trial Today.”
- Select a plan.
- Enter your email address and select a payment option.
- Checkout and validate your account.
- Sign in to your ExpressVPN account to download the app.
- Launch the app and connect to a server. I’ll use the South Africa server for this demo.
- Go to the official Minecraft site.
- Click “Get Minecraft” or log in to your account.
- Launch your Minecraft application and continue to play with ExpressVPN running in the background.
What's the Best ExpressVPN Server for Minecraft?
The best ExpressVPN server for Minecraft yields fast speeds for uninterrupted game modes across realms.
ExpressVPN also recommends the best servers for your location in its apps.
I tested the speed of the top 5 recommended servers and gathered the following results:
|South Africa||48.64 Mbps||16 ms|
|USA New Jersey - 1||33.71 Mbps||262 ms|
|Egypt||16.57 Mbps||243 ms|
|Algeria||15.03 Mbps||229 ms|
|UK - Docklands||25.68 Mbps||181 ms|
My base speed without connecting to a VPN server was 52.38 Mbps with a ping rate of 11 ms. My nearest server, South Africa, yielded the fastest results, with USA New Jersey – 1 coming in at second.
Considering the controversial topic of Minecraft being banned in regions like Turkey and Vietnam, my tests also confirm my tabled servers can be used to bypass censorships.
Does ExpressVPN Have Port Forwarding for Minecraft?
ExpressVPN has port forwarding for Minecraft, but only for its router setup.
To activate port forwarding for direct interaction with other profiles and consoles, you must:
- Purchase a router that works with ExressVPN’s router apps. Examples include ASUS, Netgear, and Linksys models.
- Get an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Download the correct app for your router.
- Install ExpressVPN on your router. You can follow the video guide below.
- Sign in to your router app.
- Click “Advanced Settings.”
- Select “Port Forwarding.”
- Select “Add New Rule.”
- Enter a name for the forwarded port under “Description.”
- Select the connected device you are going to play Minecraft on.
- Select TCP or UDP as a protocol. Note Minecraft Java Edition uses TCP, but Minecraft Bedrock Edition uses UDP.
- Enter an external port number. Note the default external port forward number for Minecraft is 25565.
- Leave the Internal Port field blank.
- Click “Save.”
Yes, ExpressVPN’s DDoS protection does work for Minecraft.
You can enter realms and play with unfamiliar avatars across the globe, knowing you’re protected from attacks while gaming.
Enchant Your Minecraft Connection With ExpressVPN Now
My guide shows you how to play Minecraft with ExpressVPN, highlighting several uses.
To summarize, you must connect to one of ExpressVPN’s servers in 94 countries to benefit from fast VPN speeds, DDoS protection, and router port forwarding.
Get ExpressVPN for all survival, adventure, spectator, and creative Minecraft game modes!
Looking for a VPN with alternative port forwarding setups for Minecraft?
Try one of these.