Private Internet Access (PIA) works with Minecraft! Therefore, use PIA to play Minecraft on your office WiFi without alerting your network admin.
Plus, stop disgruntled competitors from flooding your real IP address with malicious DDoS requests when battling Endermen or during PvP matches on the BossCraft server.
Ready for exciting Minecraft missions? Keep reading for setup guides!
How to Set Up PIA for Minecraft on PC/Mobile?
PIA is compatible with PC (Windows, Linux, macOS) and smartphone (Android, iOS) operating systems. Follow these steps to set up:
- Purchase a PIA subscription. I recommend the multiyear plan for its long-term savings.
- Download the PIA app for your device. I’ll download the PIA Windows app for this device.
- Log in with your credentials (Username/Password).
- Go to Settings > Privacy and select VPN/Advanced Kill Switch. This allows you to play modded Minecraft or join other large Minecraft servers like VanillaBlock without risking DDoS attacks when your VPN connection drops.
- Connect to the WireGuard protocol to enjoy stable Minecraft Bedrock PvP matches and fast speeds during cave spider annihilation sessions. Start by clicking the three vertical dots on the upper right-hand of the PIA app, followed by Settings.
- Under Settings, go to Protocols, followed by WireGuard.
- Connect to the lowest ping PIA servers for fast Minecraft gaming sessions and guaranteed DDoS protection. Click the large power button to connect to the fastest/nearest or best VPN-determined PIA servers.
- You can also expand the app to access the complete list of PIA servers. Click the arrow on the right of the PIA server page to open the server list.
- That’s a wrap! Defeat the Redstone golem and free enslaved villagers in the fast-paced Redstone Mines dungeon mission in any location (even at school or work).
How to Set Up PIA for Minecraft on Console?
Find the tomb and defeat the nameless one from anywhere by setting up PIA on your console (Xbox, PS4/5). I’ll create a virtual router on my Windows PC for this.
Here’s the setup procedure:
- Get a PIA plan (Enjoy savings).
- Download the PIA app. I’ll download a PIA app for my Windows 11 PC.
- Go to Settings > Network & internet > Mobile hotspot on your PC.
- Turn on “Mobile hotspot” and click “Edit” to change the network name and password.
- Click “Advanced network settings.”
- Click “More network adapter options” and ensure the green light under “Wi-Fi” is on.
- Right-click “Private Internet Access” and select “Properties.”
- Under “Sharing,” tick “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection” and click “OK.”
- Connect to the hotspot you’ve created by going to “Sharing” on your PS4 console.
- You’re done! Connect to low ping PIA servers, launch Minecraft and slay Husk mobs, mine diamonds, and craft new weapons on the title without speed drops or disconnection issues.
Is PIA’s WireGuard Protocol Faster Than OpenVPN for Minecraft?
WireGuard is faster than OpenVPN on Minecraft!
I conducted several tests on WireGuard and OpenVPN to determine which protocol unblocks large servers (VanillaBlock, Towny Online) faster and which suffered the least speed drops during Minecraft missions and quests.
WireGuard unblocked large Minecraft servers almost instantly without lag, allowing me to enjoy fast PvP matches with zero disconnections.
In contrast, OpenVPN was slower, taking several minutes to connect to large servers with frequent disconnections.
I also tested WireGuard and OpenVPN speed drops while connected to large Minecraft servers, where WireGuard again triumphed.
I noticed that the largest speed drops for both protocols occurred on servers with more players like VanillaBlock. I connected to PIA US-Connecticut servers and a 100 Mbps network for this test.
|VanillaBlock||18 Mbps||47 Mbps|
|MineSuperior||11 Mbps||41 Mbps|
|Omegacraft||12 Mbps||43 Mbps|
|Towny Online||8 Mbps||39 Mbps|
I also conducted general speed tests while connected to the PIA US – NewYork City server and a 100 Mbps network, where WireGuard demonstrated the least speed drops.
Check out the summary of my speed tests on different PIA servers.
|US - NewYork City||18 Mbps||32 Mbps|
|South Africa||2 Mbps||18 Mbps|
|Belgium||11 Mbps||27 Mbps|
How to Use PIA to Port Forward a Minecraft Server?
PIA offers a port forwarding feature at no extra cost to increase Minecraft game speeds, unblock the game on restricted internet networks, and share Minecraft servers with other players.
Here’s how to activate PIA port forwarding on a Windows 10 PC:
- Purchase a PIA plan if you don’t have one.
- Download the PIA app for your device.
- Log in to the PIA app with your credentials.
- Turn off any VPN connections that may be active.
- Under Settings, turn off Split Tunnel.
- Enable LAN traffic by going to Settings > Network > Allow LAN Traffic.
- Click the three vertical dots on the upper right of the PIA app.
- Go to Settings.
- Under Network, tick the “Request Port Forwarding” checkbox.
- Connect to a server that supports port forwarding, and PIA will assign you a random port.
- Go to server.properties on your Minecraft server. Right-click this file and open it on a text editor.
- In the text editor, go to the server port line.
- Change the values under the server port to match the PIA port forwarding numbers in step 9.
- Allow the Minecraft port through your Windows firewall by following the steps outlined in this video.
- Restart the Minecraft server by entering stop on the server console for the changes to apply.
- That’s it! You can now share your Minecraft server with your gaming peers from anywhere with faster speeds and fewer disconnections.
How to Enable PIAs Dedicated IP for Minecraft?
- Under “Your Order,” tick the “Dedicated IP” checkbox.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Complete the purchase.
- Choose one of PIA’s dedicated IP locations under “Pick a Location.” Currently, PIA offers dedicated IP addresses in the US, the UK, Canada, and Germany.
- Validate your PIA-dedicated IP token that was generated after your purchase.
- You’re done! Enjoy faster speeds as you pursue the Arch-illager and battle the heart of Ender in the Obsidian Pinnacle missions.
While PIA doesn’t offer dedicated P2P servers, all are P2P optimized, thus guaranteeing fast and stable Minecraft gaming. Use the WireGuard protocol, enable port forwarding, and connect to a nearby location for the best Minecraft experience.
Secure Your Minecraft Experience
Private Internet Access is an excellent VPN for Minecraft that offers robust DDoS protection and military-grade encryption to hide your IP address from sore losers.
Additionally, PIA’s extensive server network allows access to low ping servers for fast gaming sessions and to unblock the title from anywhere.
If that’s not all, PIA offers port forwarding and a dedicated IP address for fast, secure, and stable Minecraft sessions.
If this sounds like the real deal, why not try PIA risk-free for the next 30 days by grabbing these exclusive PIA Offers?