You can use PrivateVPN to host your Minecraft server, thanks to its 200+ high-speed VPN servers in 63 countries. Most importantly, PrivateVPN is a fortress of protection, offering AES 256-bit encryption and DDoS protection on all its servers to guard your Minecraft empire against DDoS and cyber-attacks.
PrivateVPN also offers native PC (Windows, macOS) and smartphone (Android, iOS) apps to unleash epic Minecraft adventures on your preferred devices.
How to Play Minecraft on PC/Mobile With PrivateVPN?
PrivateVPN supports Windows, Android, iOS, and macOS devices.
So you can download and install the VPN to beat small slimes and the Ender Dragon.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Sign up for PrivateVPN. Use my fantastic PrivateVPN deals to save BIG.
- Download and install the PrivateVPN app on your device(s). The mobile app is available on Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). PC users can get it on the PrivateVPN website.
- Launch the VPN app and click “Log In.”
- Fill in the Username and Password.
- Click “Advanced View.”
- Go to “Connection Guard,” then turn on the “Kill Switch.” This lets you attack and loot your opponent’s resources without exposing your IP address if the VPN disconnects abruptly.
- Under “Dashboard,” choose a suitable protocol next to “Connection.” I recommend OpenVPN (TUN+UDP+1194) for stable/fast connection speeds to fight Warden, Wither, and Ender Dragon buffer-free.
- Click “Simple view” to return to the PrivateVPN home page.
- Click “Change” to open the server list.
- Search for a suitable server. I recommend nearby servers for fast connection speeds while playing Minecraft.
- Double-click your server choice to connect.
- Open Minecraft to enjoy a secure and lag-free connection while creatively hunting the lava and fire-immune Ender Dragon.
How to Play Minecraft on Gaming Consoles With PrivateVPN?
PrivateVPN doesn’t have apps for gaming consoles, nor does it offer Smart DNS to set up the VPN on such units. But you can configure PrivateVPN on your VPN-compatible home router, which broadcasts a secure VPN connection to your PS4, PS5, or Xbox to mine rocks on Minecraft.
And if your home router is VPN-incompatible, you can create a virtual WiFi router using your PC to achieve the same goal.
- Go to the settings on your PC, then click “Network & Internet.”
- Click “Mobile hotspot” from the left-hand side menu.
- Turn on the mobile hotspot. Also, note the “Network name” and “Network password.”
- Click “Change adapter options” under “Related settings.”
- Hover your cursor on the “Local Area Connection” with “TAP-Windows Adapter V9,” then right-click.
- Click “Properties.”
- Select “Sharing.”
- Mark the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Click “Select a private network connection.”
- Select the “Local Area Connection” featuring an asterisk symbol [*].
- Click “OK.”
- Launch the PrivateVPN app on your PC and log in.
- Connect to a suitable VPN server.
- Start your gaming console, then connect to the created PC hotspot.
- Enter the network password to connect.
- That’s it! Launch Minecraft on your gaming console to securely mine ores, metals, and precious gems for crafting castles without connection fallbacks.
Can I Set Up PrivateVPN’s Port Forwarding for Minecraft?
PrivateVPN offers dynamic and static port forwarding, enabling you to allow other gamers to securely share your Minecraft server. You get the static port forwarding over its standard servers, while the dynamic port forwarding is based on its dedicated IP servers.
Either way, here’s how to port forward Minecraft with PrivateVPN:
- Launch and log in to the PrivateVPN app on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Click “Change” to open the PrivateVPN server list.
- Connect to a PrivateVPN standard server to obtain a static PrivateVPN port.
- Open your Minecraft server folder on your computer and click server.properties.
- Scroll to the “server-port” line and replace the current port number (25565) with your PrivateVPN port. In my case, that’s 61524.
- Open your PC’s “Control Panel.” Then, go to System and Security > Windows Defender Firewall.
- Open “Advanced settings.”
- Right-click “Inbound Rules,” then “New Rule.”
- Select “Port” in the new window, then click “Next.”
- Select “TCP,” then enter the PrivateVPN port number (61524) next to “Specific local ports.” Click “Next.”
- Select “Allow the connection,” then click “Next.”
- Under “When does this rule apply?” check the boxes against “Domain,” “Private,” and “Public” Commands, then click “Next.”
- Enter a name for your new inbound rule and click “Finish.”
- Create a new inbound rule using steps 8-13, but select UDP instead of TCP now.
- You’re now port forwarding Minecraft with PrivateVPN, allowing your friends to connect and play on your server.
Does PrivateVPN Offer Dedicated IPs for Playing Minecraft?
Yes, PrivateVPN offers dedicated IPs for a personalized and more stable Minecraft gaming experience while reducing your chances of landing on a Minecraft-banned IP address.
Furthermore, the PrivateVPN dedicated IP improves your gameplay speed and secures you against DDoSing, especially when you’re the Minecraft server host.
So, here’s how to get the PrivateVPN dedicated IPs for Minecraft:
- Buy your preferred PrivateVPN subscription plan. Fortunately, PrivateVPN’s dynamic dedicated IPs are included in the basic subscription plans.
- Download and install PrivateVPN on your device. I’ll use a Windows PC for this demonstration.
- Launch the VPN app and log in.
- While on the simple view mode, click “Change.”
- Choose the “Dedicated IP” tab.
- Browse the list of dedicated IPs and double-click your preferred pick to connect.
- Congratulations! Connect to your Minecraft server and start building your shelter to keep the dangerous mobs of Minecraft night away.
What's the Fastest PrivateVPN Server for Minecraft?
The fastest PrivateVPN server for Minecraft is the one nearest to you.
So, if you’re located in a country Z where PrivateVPN has servers, those should be your go-to server for fast, lag-free connection speeds to mine trees, stone, and other basic recipes for chests, tables, and furnaces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
So, you’ll not be banned from Minecraft for using PrivateVPN.
However, you’ll be temporarily blocked from accessing some Minecraft servers, e.g., Hypixel, if you’re using a PrivateVPN IP previously flagged by the server. So, to avoid that, use PrivateVPN dedicated IPs, which are unique to you.
Brace Yourself With PrivateVPN to Battle the Ender Dragon!
Minecraft is full of adventures requiring you to gear up with PrivateVPN.
While the VPN uses 256-bit encryption to shield your online presence, it also offers DDoS protection to set you free against sore losers that may crash your Minecraft empire.
Furthermore, with PrivateVPN fast servers and port forwarding, you’ll mine blocks and construct castles with enhanced internet stability on a buffer-free connection.
So, grab my PrivateVPN special offers to unleash your inner warrior and defend against mobs in the night of Minecraft!