Installing Private Internet Access on a Firestick is as easy as downloading the dedicated PIA app and launching it. Unfortunately, first-generation Amazon Firesticks/Fire TVs use a non-standard version of the Android OS.
Therefore, a first-generation device will probably not have dedicated support for PIA.
Nevertheless, you don’t have to stream unprotected. In this post, I’ll explain how to install PIA on your Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, first-generation or not.
I’ve also listed a few high-quality alternative VPNs in case you prefer a VPN with a dedicated Firestick app.
How to Install PIA on the Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Installing Private Internet Access on your Firestick is easy and takes about 5 minutes max.
Before anything, you need an active PIA subscription and a computer.
Private Internet Access offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Therefore, you can test whether it’s right for you before committing.
You can install Private Internet Access on your Firestick in two ways:
- Set up PIA via the official method
- Set up PIA via the Downloader app
Method 1: Set up PIA on Firestick via the Official Method
You can easily access PIA on the Amazon store for some versions of the Firestick (not all). If your Firestick Android version supports the PIA app, you can install it in less than 3 minutes!
To get started:
- Open your Firestick device.
- Navigate to the Search menu at the top.
- In the search bar, type in “Private Internet Access.” Click on it.
- Click “Get” or “Download” to install the PIA VPN app.
- Once you’ve downloaded it, click “Open.”
- Launch the PIA app and click “Login” to gain access.
- Enter your PIA Username and Password.
- Select a server and connect.
That’s it! You’ve installed PIA on your Firestick. You can now start streaming content from your favorite platform without restrictions.
Method 2: Set up PIA via the Downloader App
You will need a computer to download PIA APK on your computer, which you will later transfer to the Firestick using a USB cable.
To configure PIA on your Firestick:
- Navigate to the Settings option in the top bar.
- Select “My Fire TV.”
- Click “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Press the home center button to return to the home screen.
- Search for the “Downloader” app and install it.
- Navigate to the text entry box of the Downloader app and enter the PIA APK address you downloaded earlier. Type in:
- Click “Go.” Your file will begin to download.
- Click “Install here” and “Open” on the next screen.
Advantages of Using Private Internet Access on a Firestick
Private Internet Access is an outstanding virtual private network with great features. That’s why I recommend this VPN provider for your Firestick.
Some of the reasons PIA is perfect for your Firestick include the following:
- Simultaneous Connections – PIA allows you to connect with as many as ten different devices on only one subscription plan.
- Server Availability – PIA has a massive server network of 3,000+ servers in 48 countries, helping you increase efficiency in bypassing geo-blocks.
- Ease of Use – PIA is relatively easy to use. It utilizes a nice green-themed layout that makes it very easy to use, even for a beginner.
- Unblocking Capability – PIA unblocks a wide range of streaming platforms, including but not limited to Netflix US, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.
- Security and Privacy – PIA uses top-grade, military encryption protocols to ensure that your data remains private and secure as you browse the internet.
- Bypass ISP Throttling and Blocks – PIA enables you to bypass internet service provider throttling and network blocks to ensure you enjoy fast internet speeds.
- Unlimited Bandwidth – You can stream in 4K on ten devices 24/7 without being cut off.
- No Data Cuts – You can spend as much time as you want to browse, stream, or do whatever on your Amazon Firestick without limited data or bandwidth.
- 24/7 Customer Support – PIA’s customer support is available 24/7 if you encounter any problems.
Private Internet Access (PIA) Firestick Alternatives
Using a VPN service with its own dedicated Amazon Firestick app is advantageous.
For starters, it works flawlessly with the Firestick UI and remote control.
Additionally, the app will update automatically and, thus, be ready to use every time.
If you prefer going for another VPN service with its own Amazon Firestick dedicated app, I recommend:
- NordVPN – Offers exceptional speed and content-unblocking ability. You can install it straight from the Amazon app store directly.
- Cyberghost – Bypasses geo-restricted content on the majority of streaming services. It connects to servers within a couple of minutes and works flawlessly.
- IPVanish – It’s low cost, offers fast server speeds, robust security features, and has a strict no-logs policy. It’s very lightweight and provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Install PIA on Your Firestick to Enjoy Geo-Blocked Content
While PIA doesn’t necessarily offer a dedicated app for first-generation Firesticks, it doesn’t mean that you can’t install it.
Follow our instructions to install Private Internet Access on your Firestick to enjoy region-restricted content on major streaming platforms.
Use our exclusive PIA discounts to stream while protected today!