Use NordVPN to unblock and stream Sling TV – it works! Now you can watch Sling TV when you’re outside the US!
I love being the bearer of good news. So, when I tested NordVPN with Sling TV and discovered it could bypass the censorship, I had to share the results!
FYI – I’m in South Africa, a country blocked from Sling TV
So, continue reading to see how you can get your fix of Sling TV.
Testing NordVPN With Sling TV (Awesome Results)!
Sling TV is a streaming service that offers an impressive library that caters to all ages, including live sports streaming on channels such as ESPN.
The downside is that it’s only available in the US.
But a good VPN – like NordVPN – will bypass any blocks the site enforces, allowing viewers across the globe to watch Sling TV from anywhere!
My test proves this theory to be true!
Before using Sling TV with NordVPN, I received a “blocked” notice before clicking on the sign-up button.
This is the screen I got:
Knowing NordVPN’s excellent reputation for dodging blocks, I quickly connected to one of the provider’s US servers and tried again.
The Sling TV website welcomed me without a flicker of hesitation. I was in!
Here, I’m streaming a Shout Factory classic, Alf:
I also tried a live stream: CBS News Latest Headlines.
There was no need for troubleshooting, swapping servers, or contacting NordVPN support for help.
Unblocking Sling TV with NordVPN was easy as pie!
Does NordVPN Have Fast Speeds for Sling TV?
Cutting straight to the chase – yes! NordVPN has fast speeds for Sling TV.
But for it to really work with Sling TV, it needs to maintain fast speeds for HD streaming services.
So, I put the VPN to the test again.
This time, I used Ookla to administer a speed investigation.
First, I measured my base speed. I connected to a New York VPN server (Spectrum) to keep the results fair.
I got a download speed of 32.83 Mbps (bear with me, I’m working with a slow connection).
Next, I connected to a NordVPN New York VPN server.
I then ran an Ookla test using the same Spectrum server.
I got a download speed of 26.48 Mbps – just a 19% speed drop!
NordVPN’s lightweight code and fast propriety protocol “NordLynx” vastly improve the VPN’s speeds, making it faster than many competitors!
How to Watch Sling TV Outside the US With NordVPN?
Watch Sling TV streaming service outside the US by connecting to a NordVPN server based in the country. The platform will assume your assigned US IP address makes you a local, and you’ll be granted access!
Some censored media sites (like BBC iPlayer) are harder to unblock than others.
From my experience, unblocking Sling TV with NordVPN is a breeze.
However, the steps to access Sling TV can differ between devices.
I’ll share the steps with you below.
Watch Sling TV With Your Mobile
Want to watch Sling TV on the go? While traveling, perhaps?
Connect to the site using these quick steps:
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription from the provider’s official website or Google Play Store (Apple Store if you’re using an iOS device).
- Follow the prompts to download and install NordVPN’s app.
- Sign in to the NordVPN app and connect to a US server.
- Go to the Sling TV website and sign in to create an account. Optionally, you can download the Sling TV app from your mobile’s app store.
- You can watch Sling TV’s free channels or choose a subscription plan to access more content.
- If you select a plan, you’ll need to enter your payment details before you can continue streaming.
Accessing Sling TV is quick and easy, and you can enjoy the channels and live content the streaming service offers!
Watch Sling TV With Your PC
Watching Sling TV with your PC is like watching it with your mobile.
But the navigation panels do differ!
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription from the provider’s official website or an authentic app store.
- Follow the prompts to download and install NordVPN’s app for your PC.
- Sign in to the NordVPN app and connect to a US server.
- Access Sling TV via its website and sign in to create an account.
- Once you’re logged in, subscribe to a plan or continue to “explore free channels.”
- If you select “subscribe,” click on the plan you prefer.
- Enter your payment details.
Watch Sling TV With Your Smart TV
Most new Smart TVs are compatible with the Sling TV app.
More good news – NordVPN works seamlessly with several routers.
A VPN-protected router connection is the easiest way to connect your smart TV to Sling TV’s US broadcasts.
Now that you know NordVPN’s service cover routers, the following steps on how to watch Sling TV abroad with your Smart TV will make more sense:
- Purchase a NordVPN subscription from the provider’s official website or from an authentic app store.
- Set up your VPN on your router. This set-up will vary depending on the type of router you have. A list of supported routers and set-up tutorials can be found here.
- Once your connection is VPN-secured, navigate to your TV’s app store. Download and install the Sling TV app.
- Login with your Sling TV account details or sign-up to create an account.
- Explore free channels or select “subscribe” to access paid-for content.
- Choose your preferred plan, “Orange,” “Blue,” or “Orange & Blue,” and then enter your payment information.
Now your entire household can run Sling TV and get a fix of live sports, fun kids’ shows, and B-rated movies!
How to Watch Sling TV With NordVPN for Free?
Watch Sling TV for free by taking advantage of NordVPN’s robust 30-day money-back guarantee!
NordVPN is a paid-for Sling TV VPN service. However, the provider has a “no questions asked” policy if you ask for your money back (within 30 days of signing up).
This means you can use NordVPN for 29 days without handing over an arm or a leg!
All you need to do is:
- Subscribe to a NordVPN monthly plan via the official NordVPN website.
- Enter your payment information.
- Download the correct NordVPN app for your device.
- Use the VPN servers for 28-29 days.
- Make sure you cancel your plan before day 29 ends!
- Contact NordVPN’s support team via the website’s chat window and simply ask for your money back!
*This only works if you subscribed through the website.
Other terms and conditions may apply if you made an app store purchase or used a voucher or cryptocurrency as payment.
Sling TV’s streaming service can also be used for free.
There are free channels to explore, and the platform offers sporadic free trials (there was no free trial available at the time of my test).
Sling TV Not Working With VPN: NordVPN Troubleshooting Techniques
Even the best VPNs can be volatile, and Sling TV may become more aggressive with its blocking in the future.
If you’re in a NordVPN-Sling TV pickle, these troubleshooting hacks might help:
- Are you sure your internet connection is working? Make this your first checkpoint before applying the next troubleshooting methods.
- Check browser compatibility. Sling TV clashes with some browsers. For example, it wouldn’t allow me to stream using Chrome on my Android device. A quick browser swap may be all that’s needed.
- Switch VPN servers. First, make sure you’re connected to a NordVPN US server. If you are and it’s not unblocking Sling TV, switch to another US server (NordVPN has 1970+ of them).
- Another “hack” is to clear browser cache or use Incognito mode. The idea here is to remove cookies so that there’s no hint of your real location.
- Have you tried turning it off and on again? A quick refresh or re-start may be all your device, Sling TV app, or NordVPN app needs to do your bidding!
Still not winning? A quick chat with a NordVPN support agent will surely help!
What Can You Watch With Sling TV and NordVPN?
Watch everything from news and live sports to action-packed movies and kids’ shows with Sling TV and NordVPN!
While Sling TV may be a budget streaming service, it still offers an impressive library of viewing options, including live streams and award-winning movies.
Here’s a quick look at what streaming Sling TV offers:
|Plan||What Can You Watch?|
|Free Channels||Dust, GustoTV, HISTORY, IFC (live), Jimmy Kimmel Live, Pac Films, Shout! Factory TV, UP Faith & Family, ESPN, eSports Network, ESTV, NBA OnDemand, Cartoon Network, Zone TV, SHOWTIME, Bloomberg Quicktake, CBSN – PLUS more!|
|Sling Orange||A&E, AMC, BBC America, Bloomberg Television, Cartoon Network, Cheddar, CNN, Comedy Central, Comet, Food Network, Fuse, HGTV, History, IFC, ID, Lifetime, TBS, TNT, Trvl, Vice – PLUS Disney Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN3.|
|Sling Blue||A&E, AMC, BBC America, Bloomberg Television, Cartoon Network, Cheddar, CNN, Comedy Central, Comet, Food Network, Fuse, HGTV, History, IFC, ID, Lifetime, TBS, TNT, Trvl, Vice, Bravo, BET, Discovery, E!, Fox News, FS1, FX, HLN, MSNBC, National Geographic, Paramount Network, Syfy, TLC, tru TV – PLUS NBC Sports, and NBCSN.|
Sling TV is a free to affordable alternative to mainstream sites such as Netflix and HBO. So, if you’re looking for something to keep you intrigued while abroad (out of the US), the platform is ideal!
Thanks to NordVPN, you can watch Sling TV outside the US!
Simply purchase a NordVPN plan, connect to one of the provider’s US servers, and bypass Sling TV’s geo-restrictions using the VPN software.
NordVPN supports several streaming devices for Sling TV, including mobile devices. There are apps for Android, iOS, Windows, macOS, Linux, and routers!
Moreover, if you install the VPN on your router, you can run your Smart TV through the VPN-protected tunnel and watch Sling TV on it, too!
More good news is that NordVPN covers up to 6 devices at a time.
So, there’s no need to fight over who gets to watch what!
Yes, live streaming sports on the Sling TV website is possible outside of the US!
All you need is a reliable unblocking VPN from a quality VPN provider (NordVPN) to bypass the platform’s geo-restrictions, and you can stream the live sports channels to your heart’s content.
Live TV sports channels include ESPN, ESPN2, NFL, NBC, and more!
The cat’s out of the bag! NordVPN is a reliable VPN that can be used to unblock and stream Sling TV without any hassles!
My advice, get a NordVPN subscription now and start binging your favorite shows – or stay up to date with the latest sports news!
Not ready to go yet? Read this in-depth NordVPN review for more insight.