Private Internet Access accepts gift cards as a payment method.
However, cards can only be issued by certain providers based in the US, like Target, or tied to VISA or Mastercard. Moreover, PIA doesn’t issue traditional cards, and prepaid gift cards require registration with the retailer (and a 24-hour wait).
But don’t worry – I’ll discuss the workaround to pay for PIA with a gift card; no registration required! Plus, you’ll get PIA discounts with this method.
Ready to learn more? Keep reading!
How to Get a PIA Discount With a Gift Card?
If you have a gift card tied to a major credit card company like VISA or MasterCard, you can pay for PIA without registering it.
You can also get a PIA discount with this method. But you have to use PayPal.
Other payment methods (e.g., UnionPay) won’t work.
Here’s how to do it:
- Create a PayPal account or go to your existing account and click “Add Card or Bank.”
- Add your pre-paid VISA or Mastercard gift card to your PayPal account and set it as the default payment method.
- Choose PayPal as your payment method. Then click “Pay Now.”
- You’ll be redirected to PayPal to complete the purchase. Log in in the pop-up window.
- If the toggle “Use Balance First” is switched on, turn it off and select the gift card you tied to the account as the payment method. Then click “Agree and Continue.”
- Once the payment goes through, that’s it! You’ve successfully used a pre-paid gift card for a discounted PIA subscription!
How to Get a PIA Subscription With Other Gift Cards?
If you have a gift card issued by a retailer like Target or Walmart without a VISA or a Mastercard logo, you can use it to get PIA. However, you aren’t eligible for a discount.
Moreover, finding the option to pay with such a gift card on the PIA website is tricky.
So, I checked with a PIA representative.
To get a Private Internet Access subscription with a gift card from an American retailer, follow these steps:
- Go to this website and scroll to “Get VPN Access.”
- If you have a gift card issued by a company other than PIA, click “Get VPN Access” and type the brand of your gift card into the input field (e.g., Walmart). Make sure your card’s balance is between $10 and $100.
- Enter your gift card details and click “Check Balance.”
- Review your balance and PIA’s offer and accept the terms. For example, if you have $50 on your Walmart card, you get a year’s worth of PIA access.
- Once you’ve accepted the terms, that’s it! You can enjoy PIA for however much time is on offer with your gift card balance.
Using PIA Gift Card for Bulk Accounts
If you have a PIA-issued gift card, also known as a “License key” for a bulk subscription, you can redeem it with these steps:
- Go to this webpage and click “Redeem Gift Card.”
- Enter your PIA gift card info and click “Continue.”
- Enter your email for PIA credentials delivery on the next screen and click “Redeem Gift Card.”
- Your Private Internet Access gift card has been redeemed, and you can now enjoy the guaranteed privacy and security offered by the VPN provider!
What Are the Accepted Gift Cards for Private Internet Access?
PIA only accepts store-brand gift cards from retailers integrated with US-based gift card networks. Here are some of the retailers from which PIA accepts gift cards:
- Home Depot
- Old Navy
- Victoria’s Secret
Note that if you want to use a Starbucks card to pay for a PIA subscription, you must first unregister it from your Starbucks user account.
PIA also accepts prepaid gift cards with a VISA or Mastercard logo but requires registration with the retailer and up to a 24-hour wait.
Can You Get a PIA Refund After Buying It With a Gift Card?
Getting a refund after buying a PIA subscription with a gift card is impossible unless you use the PayPal method above. PIA’s 30-day money-back guarantee covers PayPal, so request a refund before the 30 days are up.
You should see the refund in your PayPal account within 5-10 business days.
PIA doesn’t issue traditional gift cards. However, if you have a bulk PIA account, you get a License Key, also known as a gift card. You can receive such PIA gift cards after purchasing a bulk PIA subscription for three or more PIA accounts.
Redeem a Gift Card for PIA Access
Now you know you can buy a Private Internet Access subscription with a gift card from several major retailers!
Even better, you can use your prepaid gift card via PayPal to buy PIA with MAJOR deals without registering it first!
Click here to claim your PIA discount with your gift card ASAP!