Good news! You can pay for NordVPN with most gift cards.
According to the VPN provider, you’re good to go if your prepaid card is registered online.
But there are catches.
For example, it’s mostly only US gift cards that feature the correct registration details, and these cards are quicker to get hold of offline.
NordVPN’s rules get even more complicated.
Read on to see how you can use a gift card for NordVPN.
Why Should You Purchase NordVPN With a Gift Card?
Using a gift card to purchase NordVPN helps keep your transaction hidden from your bank or other financial institutions.
Ideally, it’s one way to maintain anonymity online – especially if you purchase the card offline, using cash. No bank statements will reflect your VPN purchase, and you won’t need to share vulnerable credit card details.
Plus! Gift cards and prepaid cards can have a money limit, so there’s also the benefit of not being charged for an auto-renewal that you want to avoid.
However, while the VPN provider gladly accepts registered gift cards, exceptions to the rule are that they must allow recurring billing and international payments.
So says Sage, my NordVPN agent:
This limits your gift card options because most don’t support recurring payments.
What many do support is the option to “reload.” I checked with my NordVPN agent; this is good enough for them!
It also brings me to my next question…
What Are the Best Gift Cards for NordVPN?
According to NordVPN, the best gift card payments for the VPN company are registered cards that accept recurring payments – we know that much!
But to make life easier, I researched to narrow your options.
Three of the best gift cards for NordVPN are Amazon gift cards, iTunes gift cards, and Google Play store gift cards.
You can order and purchase these gift cards online. They can also be bought for cash at many US retail stores, including large chain stores like Walmart and some gas stations.
If you have a gift card with CVV (or alternative code) details and an expiry date, you can use it at checkout on the official NordVPN website.
How to Use a Gift Card for NordVPN?
Below, I’ll show you how to use a gift card for a NordVPN VPN subscription.
It’s straightforward if you’re using the online shop each card connects to!
Whether you were gifted the card or purchased it to increase your anonymity online, here’s how you can use it for a NordVPN subscription.
How to Use an Amazon Gift Card for NordVPN?
Follow these steps to use your Amazon gift card for NordVPN:
- Purchase your reloadable Amazon gift card from a supporting retail store or order it straight from Amazon online. Remember to load enough funds to your card to cover the VPN subscription you want to purchase.
- Enter “NordVPN subscription” into the search bar on Amazon and click/tap on the search icon.
- Click/tap on the plan you want to purchase.
- Click/tap on the “Buy Now” button.
- If you don’t have an Amazon account, you’ll be prompted to create one. If you’re all signed up, you’ll be directed to checkout.
- Select the payment option “Enter a gift card, voucher or promotional code.”
- In the enter bar, type in the number on your Amazon gift card or e-card.
- Approve the delivery address and complete your purchase.
- Now, you can create a NordVPN account and download the VPN apps to your devices (up to 6).
How to Use an iTunes Gift Card for NordVPN?
Like Amazon, using an iTunes gift card for NordVPN is easy.
Remember this option only works for iOS (Apple) users.
- Purchase a reloadable iTunes gift card in-store or online. Remember to load enough funds to your card to cover the NordVPN plan you want to purchase.
- Go to the Apple Store and enter “NordVPN” in the search bar. Click/tap “enter.”
- The NordVPN app will appear. Select “download.”
- Choose a VPN service plan. Next, you’ll be directed to checkout.
- Select the “Gift card” option.
- Enter your card details and complete the transaction.
Amazon gift cards can also be used directly on the NordVPN site at checkout.
But you must register the card online first, which means you must share a few details.
To use your Amazon gift card at the official NordVPN site’s checkout, you must:
- Open your iTunes app. Sign in if you’re not automatically signed in.
- Tap the three dots (menu button).
- Tap “Redeem gift card.”
- Enter the 16-digit code found on your card. Tap “Continue.”
- Tap the “More” button to view the card’s information.
- You’ll see your iTunes gift card’s card number, expiration date, security code, and card network.
- Enter your iTunes gift card security details in NordVPN’s credit card checkout section after selecting your VPN plan.
- Complete your transaction by following the prompts.
How to Use a Google Play Gift Card for NordVPN?
Using a Google Play gift card for NordVPN is quite simple.
However, the card can only be used to purchase from Google’s Play store.
To use your Google Play gift card for NordVPN, you must:
- Purchase a reloadable Google Play gift card from a supporting retail store or online. Remember to load enough funds to your card to cover the NordVPN plan you want to purchase.
- Open your Google Play App.
- Enter “NordVPN” in the search bar.
- Select the NordVPN app from the list of options and tap “install.”
- Once installed, open the app, and accept the terms and conditions.
- Choose a NordVPN subscription plan.
- Select “Redeem code” from the list of payment options.
- Enter your Google Play gift card code.
- Tap “redeem” to complete your purchase!
Can I Get a Refund From NordVPN if I Use a Gift Card?
You can only get a gift card refund from NordVPN if you use a card that supports a “money-back” process.
Also, NordVPN only offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means you’ll only qualify for a refund from the VPN provider within “30 days from purchase” (no matter which gift card you use).
Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play support refunds.
However, the processes vary, and different terms and conditions for subscription-based products apply.
How to Get a Refund for NordVPN Using an Amazon Gift Card?
Follow these steps:
- Make sure your NordVPN subscription is not older than 30 days.
- Sign in to your Amazon account online.
- Click on the NordVPN subscription box you ordered.
- Select “Problem with order.”
- Select “Return for refund.”
- Add your reason for a refund to the comment box.
- Click “Submit.”
- If you qualify for a refund, the money will be added to your Amazon account balance in just a few hours.
How to Get a Refund for NordVPN Using an iTunes Gift Card?
Like Amazon and Google Play, the success of a gift card refund for a NordVPN subscription will vary.
But you can follow these steps to see where you stand:
- Make sure your NordVPN subscription is not older than 30 days.
- Sign in to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Click/tap on “I’d like to.”
- Select “Request a refund.”
- Enter a reason why you would like a refund. Tap/click “Next.”
- Choose the NordVPN app on the list of subscriptions to cancel. Click/tap “Submit.”
- The funds will be added to your iTunes balance if your request is accepted.
How to Get a Refund for NordVPN Using a Google Play Gift Card
Google Play’s refund process is straightforward, especially if you administer the request using Google Play’s online support center.
All you need to do is:
- Make sure your NordVPN subscription is not older than 48 hours. Google Play’s refund policy states it will only consider refunds for subscriptions purchased within 48 hours.
- Visit this link (Google Play support center).
- Click/tap “Request a refund.”
- Confirm your Google account details.
- Select the NordVPN purchase you made from a list of purchases.
- Select “Next” to complete the refund request.
NordVPN and Gift Cards: Pros and Cons (Catches)!
Not many VPNs accept gift cards – it’s great that this VPN service does!
But this anonymous means paying for a VPN can have complexities.
I’ll leave it to you to weigh the following pros and cons:
If in doubt, reach out to NordVPN’s billing team and ask for advice on the type of gift card you want to use to subscribe to the VPN provider’s service.
You can easily buy NordVPN without a credit card. Simply choose one of several payment options listed at checkout.
Most regions can pay using Amazon Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal (via Paddle).
Even cryptocurrencies are supported, allowing you to buy the VPN with a gift card.
NordVPN understands that you may want to keep your VPN purchase anonymous, so it makes sure it offers payment solutions that cater to this need.
You can buy NordVPN with iTunes.
This means you can purchase the VPN services without sharing payment information that may be logged.
Once your iTunes gift card is registered, you can use the security details found on the card and your iTunes profile to complete a NordVPN transaction.
Purchasing a subscription from NordVPN via gift card may take trial and error.
But if you use one of the brands I listed or registered your recurring card online, you should be good to go!
Not sure you want to use a gift card? Buy NordVPN now using one of many payment options. I’ve even thrown in a discount for you!
If you’re also on the fence about NordVPN as a service, this review will help with your decision.