PureVPN works with Instagram, helping users, especially those living in hugely-censored countries like North Korea and China, to bypass geo-restrictions.
So, you can safely and securely access global content on Instagram while keeping your internet activity hidden from Star Joint Venture Co., China Telecom, or other restrictive ISPs.
Let me show you how to use PureVPN with Instagram.
How to Use PureVPN With Instagram?
PureVPN lets you bypass Instagram censorship anywhere using 6,500+ VPN servers in 70+ countries across over 88 locations.
- Click the globe icon for a list of servers. Sort through the servers using the search bar, by location, or by specialty servers.
- Select a server location where Instagram isn’t censored or banned. I’ll use a US server in Miami, Florida, for this guide.
- Connect and enjoy memes, reels, and funny content on Instagram.
PureVPN Features to Use With Instagram
PureVPN has a range of security features to further boost your Instagram experience. The most important features are:
You can use PureVPN’s specialty servers to your advantage, especially if you live in highly censored environments like Iran or Vietnam.
Bypass the Mobile Communication Company of Iran PLC’s IG restrictions or other censoring ISP’s activities with these steps:
- Buy a PureVPN subscription and “Log in” to your account.
- Select desired specialty server. I’ll combine the Quantum Resistant servers with obfuscation over OpenVPN for this guide. To do this, go to Settings > Protocol > Toggle OFF ‘Automatic Protocol Selection’ > Click the dropdown menu under ‘Select Protocol’ > Select ‘UDP.’
- Click the globe icon and click “QR.” Select from the list of available servers. I’ll use Seattle, WA, in the United States.
- Connect and explore Instagram.
PureVPN’s split tunneling feature lets you enable VPN protection for specific apps.
This means you can allow VPN traffic for your Safari or Chrome browser if accessing Instagram via the web or for the native Instagram Android app.
To enable the split tunneling feature:
- “Log in” to your PureVPN app.
- Click the gear icon for “Settings.”
- Click “Split Tunneling.”
- Toggle the switch under “Enable Split Tunneling.”
- Click “Modify Apps” and add your Instagram App on Android or your desired desktop browser. Sadly, there’s no split tunneling for iOS devices.
Personalized Server Selection
PureVPN’s personalized server selection helps you enjoy a better internet experience by assigning the same servers that gave you a good experience the last time.
With this, you can be sure of continued secure and uncapped access to Instagram.
Activate this feature by going to Settings > General. Then, scroll to “Personalise Server Selection” and toggle the switch on.
Fixes for When PureVPN Doesn't Work With Instagram
Is your Instagram not working with PureVPN? Here are some fixes.
Change Server Location
PureVPN often recommends the nearest servers to your location.
Connecting to such servers, especially in highly-censored zones, may not unblock Instagram.
Fix this problem by changing your server location to anywhere in the US, UK, Canada, or Australia.
Delete Browser Cookies
Clear your browser cookies if you’re encountering problems accessing Instagram via the web on mobile or desktop.
Follow these steps to clear your browser cookies on Android and Desktop mobile browsers like Chrome.
- Open your browser.
- Tap “More” on the top right.
- Tap “History.”
- Tap “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Select “All Time.”
- Check the boxes next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cache images and files.”
- Tap “Clear Data.”
Follow these steps to clear browser cookies on iOS devices.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Scroll and tap “Safari” under the Apps section.
- Scroll down and tap “Clear History and Website Data.”
- Confirm the prompt.
Contact PureVPN Support
Still can’t connect to Instagram? Contact PureVPN’s support team in-app or visit its website. The support team will be able to diagnose the problem further and advise on a fix for using Instagram from your location.
Safely Unblock Instagram With PureVPN
Stay updated with the latest news, meme, fashion trends, and content by unblocking Instagram with PureVPN. Leverage the specialty servers, VPN obfuscation, and Split tunneling features for security to mask your internet activity and bypass ISP and government firewalls to the image and video-sharing platform.
Get the PureVPN discount here with a 30-day money-back guarantee to start your Instagram foray.