PureVPN works great in the Philippines and even boasts a server in Manila to allow Filipinos abroad to get a local IP address to bypass geo-restrictions, unblock websites and enjoy local content anywhere.
The VPN service provider also has thousands of servers globally to unblock geo-restricted content from the country.
This guide discusses all you need to know about PureVPN’s security, speed, servers, and other performance metrics in the Philippines.
How to Use PureVPN in the Philippines?
PureVPN can help you bypass website restrictions on blocked sites (such as porn sites), unblock content streams (Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, etc.) and safeguard your online anonymity in the Philippines.
- Get a PureVPN subscription.
- Download the PureVPN app for your preferred device. It currently offers PC and mobile apps on popular platforms.
- Launch the app and log in with your account credentials.
- Choose the correct protocol. You should go through Settings > Protocol > Select Protocol. I recommend WireGuard because it’s fast and highly secure.
- Enable the internet kill switch. Do this by navigating Settings > General > Enable IKS and toggle the icon.
- Click on the “Locations” icon and search for your preferred location.
- Click to connect to the server.
Congratulations! You can now access your favorite Filipino content (like Cignal Play and TV5) and unblock foreign content from anywhere!
How to Get a Philippines IP Address on PureVPN?
Getting a Philippines IP address on PureVPN is easy because it has a server in the region. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Open the PureVPN app and navigate to the “Locations” Tab.
- Search for “Philippines.”
- Click to connect to the server.
Once connected, you will automatically be assigned a Philippines IP address to securely unblock and browse any Philippine website.
What Makes PureVPN a Great Fit for the Philippines?
PureVPN allows you to bypass geo-restrictions and enjoy true online freedom without worrying about your security.
This is especially important as the Philippines Cybercrime Act of 2012 makes it challenging to access some sites, including independent news platforms like Pinoy Weekly and Bulatlat.
Here are six reasons why PureVPN is an excellent choice for Filipino users:
- Philippines IP address: If you’re a Filipino living abroad, you can get a Philippines IP address with PureVPN to unblock and access local content in your country.
- Incredible speed for streaming services: PureVPN maintains an ultra-fast server network to stream and download content without lag or buffering. This VPN also supports torrenting and is compatible with popular torrent clients like µTorrent and BitTorrent.
- Router support: PureVPN offers router installation for always-on protection, eliminating the hassle of setting up devices individually. It’s also the best bet to secure gaming consoles, smart TVs, and other devices that can’t download a VPN app.
- Wide server coverage: PureVPN has over 6500 servers in 75+ countries, all of which are optimized to offer fast speeds and top-grade online protection. This allows you to access content worldwide for a genuinely unrestricted online experience.
- Strict no-logs policy: PureVPN doesn’t keep user logs, so your online anonymity is safeguarded. In fact, this VPN service has an ‘always-on’ audit policy which means its servers can be surprise-audited without notice to ensure it keeps up with this claim.
- Strong encryption and security: PureVPN uses AES 256-bit encryption to ensure your data integrity remains This military-grade encryption offers one of the highest levels of internet anonymity and protects your data from brute-force attacks.
The best part is that it only costs you about half a cup of coffee monthly with these HUGE discounts.
PureVPN Not Working in the Philippines? 7 Quick Fixes
Even though PureVPN has fantastic benefits for Filipinos, it’s sometimes prone to downtime. Here are some quick fixes to get the best experience with PureVPN in the Philippines:
- Try multiple server locations: If you’re having trouble connecting to a specific server location, switch to another. PureVPN has 6500+ servers globally, so there are lots of options to choose.
- Check your internet connection: PureVPN might lag or buffer on a slow/unreliable connection. So, run a speed test, speak with your ISP or restart your router to diagnose/solve possible network issues.
- Change protocol: Your chosen VPN protocol impacts your connection’s stability and performance. Remember, WireGuard is the most recommended as it’s fast and secure. OpenVPN (UDP & TCP) are somewhat slow, and IKEv2 is another good option for speed.
- Logout/Re-install PureVPN: One of the simplest ways to troubleshoot any software is to log out and back in or reinstall it altogether.
- Check for updates: Confirm that you’re using the latest version of PureVPN in case there are bug fixes or new features.
- Check for conflicting apps/settings: Ensure third-party software like your antivirus or firewall isn’t impacting your PureVPN connection. If so, add the VPN to the target software’s exclusion list.
- Contact customer support: If none of these solutions works, contact PureVPN’s 24/7 customer service. Its experienced and knowledgeable team will help you troubleshoot the issue and get you connected again.
How Much Does PureVPN Cost in the Philippines?
PureVPN offers a variety of plans and packages for users in the Philippines, including:
- The basic plan at $10.95 per month.
- The 12-month plan at $3.24 per month.
- The 5-year plan at $1.33 per month.
It also offers premium add-ons like dedicated IP addresses, port forwarding, and DDoS protection at a reasonable rate.
You can get the cheapest PureVPN plans by enjoying our discounts below:
Does PureVPN Philippines Accept the Philippine Peso?
No, PureVPN doesn’t accept Philippine pesos directly. However, you can pay the equivalent dollar pricing (to your peso) using your Debit Card or Credit Card, PayPal, Alipay, or Google Pay.
This VPN service also supports cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin for users who want to pay anonymously.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
It’s not illegal to unblock content with PureVPN in the Philippines. Despite the government’s strict censorship laws, VPNs are still legal. So, you can use PureVPN to access geo-restricted content and browse anonymously.
Yes, you can access Netflix and Hulu in the Philippines with PureVPN.
You can also use this VPN to access streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, Disney+, and ESPN.
Browse Unrestricted With PureVPN in the Philippines
PureVPN is one of the most reliable VPN services in the Philippines, offering impressive security and fantastic speeds over a vast server network.
Plus, with its budget-friendly plans and a 31-day money-back guarantee, you can rest assured you’re getting good value for your money.
But don’t take my word for it. Give PureVPN a try and experience these benefits yourself.