Yes, Surfshark works in the Philippines.
Surfshark’s high-security performance and availability of a virtual Filipino server mean you can use it inside and outside the Philippines to access local Filipino content.
Below are the results of my thorough research on Surfshark’s Filipino server, global servers, speed, and performance.
Come with me as we put Surfshark to the test to see if it works in the Pearl of the Orient.
How to Use Surfshark VPN in the Philippines?
Subscribing to Surfshark is the first step to using the service, which is surprisingly affordable. I recommend the 2-year plan to save the most.
Here’s a stepwise guide to set up and use Surfshark in the Philippines:
- Pay for a Surfshark subscription.
- Download the appropriate Surfshark app for your device.
- Login with your correct details.
- To enable the Kill Switch, click the Settings tab and scroll down.
- Connect to your preferred server; click on Quick Connect to allow Surfshark to connect you to the fastest available server.
I connected to Surfshark’s New York server to watch the all-new Halloween Ends on Peacock TV, which was buffer-free.
Why Is Surfshark Excellent to Use in the Philippines?
While Surfshark’s sole Filipino server is a virtual server located in Hong Kong, it performs well in speed and privacy.
Below is a breakdown of what makes Surfshark an excellent choice VPN for the Philippines:
Surfshark has 3200+ servers in 95 locations, with more than 600 in the US alone.
It opens a new world for Filipinos trying to stream or access more global content, as there’s almost a Surfshark server in every country.
Better yet, Filipino expats can use Surfshark’s virtual Filipino server to access local content when they feel homesick. Also, if there’s congestion on that server, you can quickly switch to its Hong Kong or Indonesian server.
Fast and Buffer-Free Streaming
Surfshark provides Filipinos with access to streaming services such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer. Its servers are also fast enough to get 4K streams without buffering or lag.
Yet, it’s essential to have quick internet access with a top provider like Globe or PLDT.
Private and Secure Browsing
As against the Cybercrime Prevention Act of 2012, a third party can invade your internet privacy even without your knowledge. Luckily, the VPN’s 256-bit encryption ensures complete data security for Surfshark Filipino users.
Skeptical users can also connect to its MultiHop server in Hong Kong, which passes through Singapore, if they want an extra layer of privacy and security.
Torrent Download Support
All of Surfshark’s East Asian servers support torrenting. So, for example, you can safely connect to Surfshark’s Hong Kong server from the Philippines to share or download P2P files without being abruptly disconnected.
As a reliable torrenting VPN, Surfshark eliminates the danger of getting caught by your ISP or the NTC. In addition, you are protected from copyright trolls with Surfshark’s strong encryption during and after torrenting.
Unlimited Device Connection
All your devices can enjoy premium unblocking and online privacy with Surfshark’s unlimited device connections.
Unlike PLDT and other ISPs, Surfshark doesn’t throttle or reduce your internet connection, even when all your devices use the same Surfshark account.
These features set Surfshark apart from others for a smooth experience in and out of the Philippines.
- This feature prevents incessant ads from displaying on web pages and shields you from well-known virus-infected websites.
- Camouflage Mode. This feature hides your type of connection from your ISP, like One Sky, as it uses its port to connect you to a Surfshark server.
- Kill Switch. Turn on Kill Switch to prevent local Filipino and international cyber attacks when abruptly disconnected.
- NoBorders Mode. It automatically connects you to the best-performing servers when there’s a network restriction. Filipino ISPs may sometimes double down on your VPN use, but you can use Surfshark’s NoBorder to get a working server.
What’s the Best Way to Pay For Surfshark in the Philippines?
To pay for Surfshark in the Philippines, you can use any of the following methods:
- Apple Pay
- Amazon Pay
- Google Pay
- Dragon pay, and
Surfshark’s customer care confirmed that you can make payments in Pesos, but a currency exchange fee will be attached.
Overall, cryptocurrency is the best way to pay for Surfshark in the Philippines.
It adds an extra layer of privacy to your digital security profile and another level of protection from the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC).
Alternative VPNs to Use in the Philippines
You can check out these top VPNs if Surfshark doesn’t work for you in the Philippines.
NordVPN has cemented its place in the VPN industry and gladly works in the Philippines.
Some features that make NordVPN a reliable VPN in the Philippines are
- From the Philippines, users can connect to a more comprehensive server network (5400 servers in 59 countries).
- You can use NordVPN’s Dedicated IPs to connect to a server in the exact location continuously.
- Improved speed for Filipinos and an option to connect to a nearby server in East Asia.
Another key reason to choose NordVPN as a worthy alternative VPN in the Philippines is its Onion Over Tor feature for the Tor browser. Foreign-based Filipinos working in censor-heavy localities as journalists or bloggers can use this valuable feature to protect their online activities.
Here’s another top-tier VPN you can use in the Philippines that shields your IP address without sacrificing speed.
ExpressVPN performs better in the Philippines in the following areas:
- A higher number of obfuscated servers.
- Stealth servers that bypass increased censorship and shield your online activities from the NTC.
- Fast Lightway (TCP/UDP) protocol for beating ISP throttling.
- More server locations—3000 servers in 160 countries, including the Philippines.
ExpressVPN has a virtual server in the Philippines which operates from Singapore. ExpressVPN’s servers are also optimized for speed, making ExpressVPN suitable for streaming.
Having a P2P-optimized server in Manila, CyberGhost is perfect for Filipinos who love torrenting.
Here are more reasons why you can use CyberGhost in the Philippines instead of Surfshark:
- 9000+ servers in 91 countries (28 servers in Manila)
- Great for streaming, thanks to its specialty servers
If you want to access US Netflix from the Philippines, you can select one of the USA streaming servers and mark it as your favorite.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s legal to use Surfshark in the Philippines.
Users should always use Surfshark to elude copyright trolls while torrenting in the Philippines and protect their online footprint from the Filipino government.
Surfshark performs excellently in the Philippines. Its vast network of servers opens a new world of streaming services for Filipinos, both at home and abroad.
You can also safely download P2P files with Surfshark.
But if Surfshark doesn’t fulfill your VPN needs, you can use any of the recommended alternatives.
Get a HUGE discount on Surfshark today!