PureVPN works in South Africa, allowing users to bypass geo-restrictions, hide their online activity, and stay safe from internet criminals.
Additionally, PureVPN offers South Africa servers, making it suitable for users who want a South Africa IP address to hide their online activities or unblock DSTV abroad.
In the rest of this guide, you’ll learn how to set up the VPN, unblock content, and get online privacy in South Africa.
How to Set Up PureVPN on Mobile/PC in South Africa?
You can set up PureVPN on your mobile/PC in South Africa to unblock Netflix US, join foreign gaming lobbies, and enjoy online privacy by following the guide below:
- Buy a PureVPN subscription and install its app on your device. I’ll install its Mac app for this guide.
- Launch the app and log in with your account credentials.
- Go to Preferences > Advanced > Internet Kill Switch and enable it. Enabling the kill switch ensures your internet traffic isn’t leaked in case of a VPN connection drop.
- Click “Locations” and search for your preferred server location. I recommend the server suited to the specific content you want to unblock. For instance, a UK server for BBC iPlayer.
- Click the server to connect.
- Voila! You can now enjoy safe and secure internet browsing and content unblocking from South Africa.
How to Set Up PureVPN on Smart TV/Gaming Console in South Africa?
You can set up PureVPN on your smart TV or gaming console in South Africa in multiple ways, including via a physical or virtual router.
Method #1: Install PureVPN on a Router
If you own a home router, simply install PureVPN and connect your gaming consoles/smart TV to the encrypted network.
Getting this done is as easy as grabbing a PureVPN account (use these discounts) and following this guide to a PureVPN-Router setup. However, the success of this process depends on having a VPN-compatible router. Otherwise, you can use the virtual router method below.
Method #2: Set Up PureVPN on a Virtual Router
Using this simple method, you can turn your PC into a virtual router with PureVPN.
This method only works with Windows PCs.
- Buy a PureVPN subscription (get discounts).
- Install the app on your Windows device and enter your login details.
- Set up your Windows PC for internet connection sharing. I’ve provided a helpful video guide below.
- Launch your PureVPN app and connect to a preferred server.
- Connect your smart TV/gaming console to the Windows hotspot.
- That’s all! Get PureVPN’s encryption on connected devices, unblock Netflix US shows, and securely play P2P games without fear of DDoS attacks.
How to Get a South Africa IP Address on PureVPN?
Getting a South Africa IP address on PureVPN is easy. This will give you access to CapeTown TV and FirstRand bank while away from home:
- Launch your PureVPN app and log in.
- Go to “Locations” and search for “South Africa.”
- Select the server, then wait for it to connect.
- That’s it! You now have a South Africa IP address.
Maintain Online Privacy in SA With PureVPN
Whether you need a VPN for online privacy in South Africa, to securely work from home, or to unblock geo-restricted content, PureVPN is a great pick.
With 6500+ servers in 88+ locations, you can access streaming platforms, online gambling websites like GGPoker, and other non-available services.
Grab these fantastic deals to enjoy PureVPN cheaper in South Africa.