Surfshark works in Serbia and has a Serbian server.
Located in Belgrade, you can connect to the server to get a Serbian IP address and protect your online activities. The VPN service is also readily accessible to all Serbian-based users.
Keep reading to discover how to use Surfshark in Serbia and connect to the Belgrade server through your various devices.
How to Use Surfshark on PC/Mobile in Serbia?
Follow this step-by-step guide to set up Surfshark on your PC (Linux, Windows, or Mac) or mobile device (Android and iOS). The process remains similar on both device types:
- Click this exclusive deals link and open the Surfshark deals page. Click on “Get the Best VPN.”
- Choose your preferred plan. I recommend the 24-month plan as it offers the best long-term savings with 2 months free.
- Enter your email address to sign up with Surfshark and choose your preferred payment method to complete the purchase.
- Download and install Surfshark onto your preferred device. If you’re downloading on a PC, you can download the desktop app from this page. For Android and iOS devices, you can download the app from the Google Play Store or App Store, respectively.
- After installing the app, log in with your information. For this demonstration, I’m using a Windows PC.
- Connect to an international server of your preference to unlock geo-blocked content or surf the Internet from Serbia with extra security.
- You can also connect to the Belgrade server to access your OTP Banka account online regardless of where you are.
How to Use Surfshark on Gaming Consoles/Smart TV in Serbia?
No dedicated Surfshark apps are available for gaming consoles and non-Android smart TVs.
If you want to use Surfshark for gaming or streaming entertainment on your TV in Serbia, you can set up SmartDNS or configure your router with Surfshark.
Method #1: Router
- Connect your gaming console or smart TV to the router’s network.
- Protect your online games from DDoS attacks and unblock streaming content from Serbia with Surfshark!
Method #2: Smart DNS
With Smart DNS, you can unblock U.S.-exclusive content from your connected devices. This only works with the U.S. library, so if you want to unblock European content or BBC iPlayer, stick to method #1.
Here’s how to set up smart DNS:
- Click on “VPN” then “Manual setup” from the left-hand side menu.
- Click “TV or console” and select “Activate Smart DNS.”
- It can take up to 30 seconds to connect. Once done, the page will refresh with your activated IP address and the relevant DNS addresses.
- Copy one of the DNS addresses and open your TV’s network settings to update the DNS with Surfshark’s smart DNS.
- You can also update the DNS settings on your gaming console devices.
- And voila! Now, you can unlock U.S. content on your smart TV and gaming consoles.
Do You Need Surfshark’s Camouflage Mode in Serbia?
Using a VPN in Serbia is entirely legal and safe. However, if you want to add an extra layer of security to your online activities, you can use Surfshark’s Camouflage Mode.
With Camouflage Mode, you unlock obfuscation features that help conceal your VPN usage by making your online connection appear like a regular one.
It’s mainly used to bypass content filtering in countries and on networks where it isn’t safe to use a VPN.
Camouflage mode runs by default when you connect to any server using OpenVPN protocols.
If you don’t need it, you can always change the protocol in the Settings menu of the Surfshark app.
Use Surfshark for Extra Security
If you’re traveling to Serbia and need a reliable VPN to unblock international content or searching for a dependable Serbian server, Surfshark has your back.
Surfshark offers a versatile solution that customizes your online security according to your preferences and needs.
Get started with Surfshark for Serbia today!