You can use VyprVPN to play Fortnite.
If you want to unblock the game at work or school, VyprVPN offers 700 servers in 70 countries to bypass Fortnite restrictions. You’ll also get lightning-fast speeds to execute every tactic flawlessly in smooth, lag-free gameplay.
So, read this guide to learn how to conquer Fortnite battles with VyprVPN on different devices.
How to Play Fortnite on PC & Mobile Using VyprVPN?
VyprVPN has apps for Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices.
So, you can use the VPN to unblock and descend on the Fortnite island map, ready to defeat rivals on your preferred device.
Here are the steps:
- Sign up for VyprVPN. Get these discounted VyprVPN deals to cut costs!
- Visit the official VyprVPN website and click “Apps.”
- Click on your preferred device. I’ll use a Windows PC for this demonstration.
- Click “Download Now.”
- Go to your PC’s “Downloads” folder and click the VyprVPN file.
- Accept the prompts to install the VPN on your PC.
- Launch the VPN app, then enter your VyprVPN account “Username” and “Password” to log in.
- Click “Customize.”
- Click “Kill Switch.”
- Turn on the “Kill Switch” button. This hides your IP when the VPN disconnects, like you would hide behind walls to block enemy fire.
- Click the arrow symbol on the top left corner to go back.
- Click “Protocol.”
- Select a suitable VyprVPN protocol. I recommend WireGuard because it’s fast enough to jump from the flying Battle Bus and quickly gather weapons to defend yourself when the enemy attacks.
- Click the arrow symbol to go back.
- Click “Connection” then “Connect.” You’ll connect to the fastest server.
- Or click “Servers,” then type your preferred server location on VyprVPN’s search bar and click it to connect.
- Test for IP/DNS leak to ensure you’re assigned an IP address in the VPN location you chose in step 16.
- Start the Fortnite Battle Royale on your PC/mobile and board the Battle Bus to tour Fortnite’s island map over VyprVPN’s lag-free and secured connection.
How to Play Fortnite on Gaming Consoles Using VyprVPN?
VyprVPN doesn’t have native apps for gaming consoles. Luckily, you can still install it on Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo Switch by creating a virtual router on your PC.
Here’s what to do:
- Do you have a VyprVPN subscription? If not, get one using my time-limited VyprVPN deals to save BIG!
- Download and install VyprVPN on your PC, then launch it to log in. If you’re stuck, follow Steps 2-8 above.
- Go to “Customize” > “Protocol” > then choose “OpenVPN – Industry Standard.”
- Connect to a preferred VyprVPN server.
- Go to your PC’s settings and click “Network & Internet.”
- Select “Mobile hotspot” from the left side menu.
- Activate the mobile hotspot button, then note the “Network name” and “Network password.”
- Click “Change adapter options” under “Related settings.”
- Left-click the “Ethernet” option featuring “TAP-Windows Adapter V9,” then select “Properties” from the pop-up menu.
- Select “Sharing,” then check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
- Click the box displaying “Select a private network connection.”
- Choose your network connection from the drop-down menu. Usually, it should be the “Local Area Connection” with an asterisk symbol [*].
- Click “OK.”
- Open your gaming console, then look for the mobile hotspot network name from the WiFi networks shown by the device.
- Enter your mobile hotspot network password to connect.
- Launch Fortnite on your gaming console to gather materials with your Pickaxe and grab defensive weapons to face your Fortnite rivals.
Does VyprVPN Offer DDoS Protection for Fortnite?
VyprVPN offers DDoS protection dubbed “Master Firewall” to prevent other Fortnite players from DDoSing you, unfairly earning them the Victory Royale.
So, to increase your chance of fighting the enemies on a level playing field, enable VyprVPN Master Firewall before boarding the Battle Bus.
- Log in to VyprVPN’s client account dashboard.
- Click “Manage Services” on the left side.
- Turn on the “Master Firewall” button.
- That’s it! The VyprVPN’s Master Firewall acts on all devices logged in with your VPN account. So, you can gather weapons to fight the enemy, fully DDoS protected.
Does VyprVPN Lower Ping in Fortnite?
VyprVPN is a reputable VPN that lowers ping and packet loss in Fortnite, and that’s from my real tests and findings.
At first, I was flying on the Battle Bus without a VyprVPN connection, and it was laggy due to ISP speed throttles. So, I tested my connection ping with and without the VyprVPN connection.
Wow wow! I got a lower ping (8ms) with the VPN connection than without it (18ms). But to be sure, I boarded the Battle Bus again (now with a VyprVPN connection) and smoothly gathered weapons, collected materials, and attacked rivals.
VyprVPN VPN Alternatives for Fortnite
VyprVPN is an excellent VPN with impeccable Fortnite unblocking abilities and blazing-fast speeds for smooth gameplay.
But you don’t get port forwarding for hosting Fortnite battles and enhancing speeds. VyprVPN also lacks P2P specialty or dedicated gaming servers.
So, if these features are must-haves, check my alternatives:
PrivateVPN replaces VyprVPN by offering a port forwarding option, so you can create custom creative maps and game modes to host a private Fortnite battle with your friends. This port forwarding feature also ensures low-latency connections, ideal for smoother aiming, building, and shooting in the game.
Furthermore, PrivateVPN offers dedicated IP servers for unblocking Fortnite in schools and workplaces. I even got improved connection speeds with the dedicated IP servers, allowing me to withstand intense gunfights.
Convinced? Grab my PrivateVPN deals to tour Zero Point and eliminate Husk warms without ISP speed throttling.
Private Internet Access (PIA)
PIA has servers across 84 countries, giving you more server options that are likely near Fortnite’s data centers. That way, you get a low ping, resulting in smooth and stable gameplay.
PIA also has port forwarding to fine-tune your Fortnite connection.
This lets you maintain a stable connection, especially when hosting Fortnite battles or in multiplayer mode.
So, get these exciting PIA deals to enjoy fast-paced shooting and stable epic PEV action risk-free for 30 days!
Even better, NordVPN has the largest server network (5800+ servers in 60 countries) of all VPNs listed here, making it easy to find a nearby server to enjoy fast speeds driving the OG Bear.
NordVPN’s DDoS protection is another valuable feature when attacking Fortine rivals.
It protects you against potential DDoS attacks from opponents, granting you the Victory Royale. Interested? Take advantage of these NordVPN deals to tour the Fortnite island.
Claiming the Victory Royale With VyprVPN!
Whether you’re a beginner or a pro-Fortnite gamer, VyprVPN is the perfect ticket to earn Victory Royale. With its turbocharged connection speeds, you’ll conquer the Fortnite rivals with zero rubberbands.
Plus, VyprVPN’s DDoS protection feature, Master Firewall, presents a fair battlefield to win against opponents without DDoS attacks.
So, take advantage of these VyprVPN’s time-limited deals to cut costs!