You can play Fortnite with Surfshark. I do it, and so can you.
Surfshark protects your online Fortnite gaming activity via its encryption, allows you to switch time zones, get fast speeds and no lags, which are all important when gaming.
Is online privacy important to you when playing games? If so, I’ll explain everything you need to know about playing Fortnite over Surfshark below.
How to Set Up Surfshark for Playing Fortnite?
Setting up Surfshark for playing Fortnite is easy and can be done in a few minutes.
Here’s a simple stepwise guide I use:
- Buy a Surfshark
- Install the Surfshark app for your preferred Fortnite-playing device from your app store.
- Log into the app using your sign-up credentials.
- Select a server near you for the best ping. Or search for relevant servers to play against peers abroad.
- Enable the kill switch to prevent IP leaks on VPN disconnection. Go to Settings > VPN Settings > Kill Switch feature.
- Launch your Fortnite app.
- Enjoy playing Fortnite without restrictions.
Why Should I Use Surfshark to Play Fortnite?
Surfshark is my best VPN for playing Fortnite for distinct reasons.
Here are some:
- DDoS Protection: You can lose your gaming sessions and access to Fortnite when your internet connection is intentionally hacked. However, Surfshark kicks against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks from disgruntled players and sore losers on Fortnite.
- Avoid ISP throttling: Surfshark doesn’t limit your bandwidth. Thus, you can play without lag or interruptions, even during peak internet usage hours when ISP throttling is usually active.
- Protect Your Data: Whether playing Fortnite or browsing the internet, Surfshark will keep you secure and anonymous with its AES 256-bit encryption.
- Bypass IP Bans: Surfshark has over 3,200 servers in 100+ countries. You can connect to these servers to access Fortnite anywhere, even in regions like Indonesia and Iraq, where the game is banned.
- SmartDNS: Surfshark features a SmartDNS tool to change your DNS addresses to US-based DNS servers. This tool is best for unblocking and accessing Fortnite on gaming consoles like PS4, which can’t download a native VPN app.
- Lower Ping: Surfshark VPN offers several Fortnite servers from different locations. So, you can choose one closer to you for playing Fortnite and reduce your ping.
- Change Matchmaking Region: Fortnite is supported in seven regions, and Surfshark has servers in these regions too. So you can change regions freely. However, some can cause high pings and make your gameplay an awful experience.
Which Gaming Devices Does Surfshark Support?
Surfshark supports different gaming devices, as you can see below:
|Device||Surfshark’s Compatibility||Fortnite Game Version Supported|
|Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11||Surfshark Windows PC app||
|Console (Playstation 4, Xbox One)||Smart DNS, Router||
|iOS (iPhone 5 and versions 13.0.0 and above)||Native app (download Surfshark from Apple Store)||
|Android||Native app (download from Google Playstore)||
|MacOS (Sierra, Catalina, Big Sur, etc.)||Native app||
|Smart TVs (Samsung TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast)||Native app, Smart DNS, or router||
Why Is Surfshark VPN Not Working With Fortnite?
Surfshark VPN may not work with Fortnite for several reasons, including internet connection issues, internet service provider problems, or VPN server-related concerns.
Here are a few fixes to try if your Surfshark-Fortnite connection suffers:
- Turn off rotating IPs: Rotating IPs can add latency to your internet connection. To fix this, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Toggle off Rotating IP.
- Disable possible interfering apps: An antivirus program, other active VPNs, or network-related may affect the VPN’s performance. Make sure to disable these before launching Surfshark.
- Update the Surfshark app: Ensure your Surfshark app is always up to date. Otherwise, an outdated one may be buggy and have difficulty connecting or working with Fortnite.
- Switch servers: Try switching to regular servers instead of static IP addresses or multi-hop if you’re using any of those specialty servers. Or, disconnect and reconnect to get another server in your current location.
- Speak with customer support: If you have questions or issues, you can reach out to Surfshark customer support 24/7 via its live chat option.
Fortnite can’t detect that you’re using Surfshark VPN. That’s because Surfshark uses military-grade encryption, which sends your data into an encrypted tunnel that anonymizes your gameplay sessions. Thus, making it the best VPN service for banned players since they can continue playing from a virtual location.
Using Surfshark to play Fortnite will affect your gameplay positively and negatively. For instance, connecting to a server far away from you can lead to high pings.
On the positive side, Surfshark will help you be more secure and private, boost your gaming speed by avoiding ISP throttling, and bypassing Fortnite IP bans.
Pro gamers can use the Surfshark gaming VPN service to keep their Fortnite gaming discreet, eliminate severe lag when playing with peers abroad, get DDoS protection, and bypass IP bans.
Setting up Surfshark to play Fortnite is easy. Follow the simple steps mentioned in this article, and you can enjoy playing Fortnite with privacy, low ping, zero stress, and no restrictions.
If you’re ready to enter a new world of Fortnite gaming with Surfshark, grab these limited-time discounts that come with a 30-day money-back guarantee and enjoy the experience.