You need a VPN to stream Voot outside of India. And though UK users can also watch Voot channels on their TV, they’ll still need a VPN for the streaming service!
There are also alternative methods to streaming Voot in the USA, but none work as well as unblocking access with a VPN, which you can do in less than 10 minutes.
I use NordVPN to unblock Voot access outside India, and you’ll learn how to do the same in this guide.
So keep reading to learn everything you need to know.
How to Watch Voot With a VPN in the USA?
Since India is the only region where you can stream Voot online, you need a reliable VPN provider with Indian servers to enjoy the service.
This is one of the reasons I’ll be using NordVPN throughout this guide since it provides 30+ Indian servers and thousands more worldwide, giving you access to Voot content.
Here’s how to watch Voot in the USA with a VPN on your mobile devices (Android and iOS), smart TV, and PC.
Watch Voot on Mobile in the USA
To stream Voot content on the Android or iOS app, follow the steps below:
- Download the Voot app from your official app store. I’ll discuss how to download the app from the USA in the following sections.
- Install a VPN of your choice. I prefer NordVPN.
- Launch NordVPN and search for “India.” Connect to the Indian server location.
- Open the Voot app on your mobile device.
- Sign in if you have a subscription account, or start watching for free.
Watching Voot on your mobile device is that easy.
Note that you might not get the Voot app when you first search your Google Play Store or iOS store. I’ll discuss how to get around that in a bit.
Watch Voot on PC in the USA
Voot has an official website where you can stream its content on PC. Here’s how to do that from the USA.
- Buy a VPN and install its browser extension. I chose NordVPN and used it with the Google Chrome browser extension.
- Switch on your VPN and search for Indian servers.
- Connect to the Indian server and wait for confirmation.
- Launch Incognito Mode in your browser.
- Go to the Voot website (https://www.voot.com/).
- Choose the titles you want to watch.
- You might be prompted to log in (or sign up) if you don’t have an account. I signed in with Google since I don’t have an Indian phone number.
- Watch any title you want on Voot for free.
Watch Voot on Smart TV From the USA
There are two different approaches to watching Voot on your smart TV with a VPN. Try these methods depending on the kind of smart TV and router setup you have.
Use a VPN Router
- Install a VPN on your router. You can try NordVPN’s VPN router software risk-free for 30 days.
- Connect your smart TV to the router.
- Download Voot on your smart TV if you don’t already have the app.
- Launch Voot normally and sign in to your account.
- Access Voot content without restrictions.
I recommend signing up for a Voot account via the web account so you can use the credentials on your TV. Note that not all smart TVs are supported.
Voot is currently optimized to work with Android TVs, LG TVs, and Samsung TVs.
If you don’t have any of these TV models, you can stream Voot on your TV (smart and non-smart) via streaming services such as:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Jio Set-top Box
Installing a VPN on your router might be impossible if your preferred VPN provider doesn’t offer router software (hint: NordVPN does). Even if you have the VPN router software, your router must be compatible.
When you can’t use that VPN router method, try SmartDNS.
- Choose a SmartDNS provider. I recommend SmartDNSProxy.
- Follow provided instructions to set up your SmartDNS. I’ve included a setup video for SmartDNSProxy below.
- Copy the generated SmartDNS address.
- Locate your TV’s network settings and replace the DNS settings.
- Download your Voot app/launch the Voot app on your TV.
- Sign in with your credentials.
- Choose any show/movie/series and stream without restrictions.
SmartDNS might allow you to unblock Voot on your smart TV, but it doesn’t give you all the extra benefits and protection features of a VPN app.
SmartDNS also won’t encrypt your internet traffic. Thus, I still recommend a VPN router setup to get all the added VPN benefits you’re paying for.
Best VPNs to Watch Voot in the USA
The best VPNs to watch Voot should come with premium Indian servers for unblocking the content, among other things.
I use the three (3) VPNs below to unblock Voot in the USA or outside India. Let’s discuss why you should pick them.
1. NordVPN – Best for Unblocking Voot From Anywhere
NordVPN carries 30+ Indian servers, allowing you to unblock Voot without suffering traffic congestion from others using the VPN from India.
The app automatically connects you to the fastest servers in India, so you can stream Voot without lags or buffering from the USA.
Additionally, NordVPN’s split tunneling means that you can stream Voot like you’re in India and still surf the rest of the web locally.
Meanwhile, if you’re traveling to the USA and streaming Voot with hotel Wi-Fi or other public Wi-Fi, you’ll be happy with NordVPN’s dedicated public Wi-Fi protection.
It prevents snoopers, hackers, and scammers from intercepting your internet data to steal sensitive information while you’re enjoying the latest episode of Bigg Boss.
The best part is that you can unblock Voot on up to 6 devices simultaneously under the same subscription.
If you’re interested, you can try a risk-free approach with NordVPN’s 30-day moneyback guarantee to get started.
2. Surfshark – Unblock Voot on Unlimited Devices
Surfshark allows you to connect to servers in Mumbai, Indore, and Chennai for access to Voot from anywhere in the world.
Its unlimited simultaneous connections also mean you can unblock Voot access on as many devices as you want. This makes Surfshark the ideal family or group traveling package.
I also love that Surfshark provides unlimited bandwidth with unlimited connections, so there’s no shady underhand tactic here.
Plus, when streaming Voot, Surfshark’s automatic kill switch ensures Voot’s servers never know you’re accessing it from outside India.
That prevents your Indian IP address from getting blacklisted and gives you continuous access to all the movies, shows, and series that you’d like to watch on the platform.
Surfshark is already one of the most affordable VPN providers, but it sweetens the deal for first-timers. Try out the 30-day Surfshark moneyback guarantee to see if it’s a good fit for you.
3. PureVPN – Most Indian Servers to Unblock Voot
PureVPN carries 45+ Indian servers to unblock Voot in the USA. Even if a server was down or got blacklisted, you can connect to many more and keep streaming your Voot content.
I’m a little concerned that most of these servers are based in Chennai. However, Voot doesn’t restrict content by region within India, so that won’t be an issue.
This also allows PureVPN to ensure the servers remain fast, so you don’t get buffering or lags when streaming Voot.
Besides Chennai, you can also connect to Bangalore or Mumbai in India. Perhaps the best part of this deal is that PureVPN is configured for optimal streaming.
The provider gives you access to streaming platforms within your dashboard and assigns the best server to stream any content from. This is enough evidence that it’ll perform well for streaming Voot also.
It’s worth noting that PureVPN isn’t as optimized for speed as the others on this list. That doesn’t make it slow, but it’s not as fast as Surfshark or NordVPN.
Luckily, PureVPN is highly affordable and allows you to unblock content or use the VPN on ten devices simultaneously. Coupled with a 31-day moneyback guarantee, you can try PureVPN risk-free today.
Can You Download Voot App in the USA?
You can’t download the Voot app outside the Indian version of the Google Play Store and iOS App Store. The app is geo-restricted, making it open to only users in India.
Connecting to a VPN, then launching your app store doesn’t give you access to this app, either.
Even though your location has now changed, the region associated with your iTunes or Google Play account might not be India. Thus, you wouldn’t get the Voot app still.
However, there are workarounds to download this app on your mobile devices in the USA. I recommend the methods below.
How to Get Voot Android App in the USA?
Follow these two approaches to get the Voot app if you live outside India.
Get the App From a Friend
This method relies on having a friend who has the official Voot apk on their Android devices.
I say “official” because downloading or installing the cracked version of the app could introduce malware to your device, and we don’t want that.
- Reach out to a friend who can send the apk file to you.
- Connect to a VPN and choose an India VPN server before launching the app.
- Launch the app and log in (or signup if you’re new).
- Stream unlimited content on your Voot app.
Change Your Google Play Store Region
You can also change your Google Play store region to India, giving you access to available content in the Asian country.
Note that you have to enter new billing details and might lose access to some of your Google Play Store preferences. Google also limits one change per year on your Google Play region, so you’ll have to wait a year to switch back.
If these don’t deter you, here are the steps to change your Google Play region:
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap your account icon at the upper right of the screen.
- Select “Settings.”
- Tap “General” in the new tab.
- Select “Account and device preferences.”
- Under “Country and Profiles,” choose the country (India, in this case).
- Add a new payment method for India.
Note that it might take about 48 hours to take effect. You’ll see Voot in your app store when it’s all set.
How to Get the Voot iOS App in the USA?
You’ll have to change your iTunes account region to India to see the app on your official store. Here’s how to do that:
- Go to your device “Settings.”
- Tap your account (which should be under your name) at the top of the screen.
- Select “Media & Purchases.”
- Tap “View Account.”
- Select “Country/Region.”
- Tap “Change Country or Region.”
- Select the new country or region you want.
- Accept the terms and conditions.
Note that changing your region on iOS deletes all the music in your iCloud library. It could also alter some settings on your device, override some preferences and make certain content unavailable.
Review and be aware of all these terms before you commit to changing your region.
How to Install Voot App on PC?
You can download and install the Voot app on your PC if you don’t want to go via the web browser all the time. We’ll use BlueStacks, an Android simulator environment for PCs, to make this happen.
Here’s what you should do:
- Go to the official BlueStacks website (https://www.bluestacks.com/).
- Download the BlueStacks app for your PC.
- Install the BlueStacks app for PC.
- Download the Voot apk file from a trusted source. You can also have a friend share the apk file with you.
- Open the Voot apk file on your BlueStacks.
What Shows Are on Voot?
Voot packs some exciting movies, shows, documentaries, and originals. I can’t list them all here, but these are some of the best ones to look for when you start streaming on the platform.
|That Girl in Yellow Boots||Bigg Boss||Badman|
|Picture Perfect||Apharan||Shaadi Boys|
|Stupid Cupid||Khatra Khatra Khatra||It’s Not That Simple|
|Humble Politician Nograj||Crackdown||Stupid Man Smart Phone|
|Main Hoon Namo Dilwala||Baked||Asur|
You can browse other movies and shows on Voot by category to discover new titles or search for select titles that you’re otherwise interested in.
Frequently Asked Questions
VPNs can be used to unblock Voot access outside India since the service is restricted to the Asian country.
You’ll need a VPN that provides Asian locations like NordVPN to unblock Voot on your smartphones, PC, smart TV, and other streaming devices.
Free VPN services will often not let you connect to specialized Indian servers and might be too slow to give you a seamless streaming experience.
Some free VPNs are notorious for harvesting and selling user data to the highest bidder, which betrays your data privacy.
Some free VPNs may offer you Indian servers to connect to but still not have enough encryption to unblock Voot. This is another reason you’re better with premium options that optimize the streaming experience.
A premium VPN service like NordVPN allows you to unblock and stream Voot on six devices simultaneously, paying only a few cents per month on every device.
You also get dedicated Indian servers in three major Indian cities from where you can unblock content.
Finally, you don’t have to worry about DNS leaks, IP leaks, or any data collection by the VPN, so you’re always safe when streaming Voot online.
If Voot isn’t working after you enabled a VPN, there might be a few things to check. Some of these issues and how you can solve them are discussed in the pointers below:
- You’re not connected to an Indian server – Choose an Indian server, then try to use Voot again.
- Your VPN server is blacklisted – Disconnect from that server and choose another Indian server.
- Your browser details are messing with the VPN connection – Clear browser cache and cookies, then try again. Alternatively, only watch Voot via PC in Incognito Mode.
- You’re using a free VPN – Free VPNs are limited and might not be able to unblock the content you want. I recommend you get NordVPN at an exclusive discount and see how well it handles your Voot content unblocking.
- The VPN’s connection is faulty – It’s rare, but even the best VPNs sometimes establish a wonky connection. Reboot the VPN and try again.
One of the above is usually the issue. Once you apply the troubleshooting guide, you’ll be back to streaming Voot in the USA like in India.
Unblock Even More Content on the Web
If you’ve chosen a VPN, you don’t have to break it out only when you want to stream Voot. You can also access exclusive content in other parts of the world with the same VPN and at no additional cost.
For example, you can now stream Crave TV from the USA or outside Canada, unblock a geo-restricted PUBG server, watch ITV in the USA, and more.
NordVPN is well-positioned to unlock just about any content from anywhere. With 5400+ servers in 60+ countries, you’d be hard-pressed to find a location where NordVPN can’t unblock a service.
Get your NordVPN 30-day risk-free trial here and be on the way to a borderless internet/streaming experience today.