You can access Disney Plus in the Philippines by using a VPN, connecting to a proxy server, or setting up Smart DNS to bypass the streaming service’s geo-restrictions in the region.
You’ll get the best Disney+ content and its largest libraries in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. But you don’t have to travel to these regions to watch all seasons of The Mandalorian or binge a reboot of your favorite Disney+ series.
I’ll describe how you can watch everything on Disney+ from the Philippines in this guide.
3 Ways to Access Disney+ in the Philippines
The easiest and fastest way to unblock all Disney+ content in the Philippines is to use a VPN. Alternatively, you can try Smart DNS proxy services or connect to proxy server networks.
Here’s a guide to using each method, including advantages and drawbacks.
Method #1 – Use a VPN (Easiest & Fastest)
Reliable VPN providers allow you to connect to specific Disney+ streaming locations to unblock the platform’s content.
The ease of switching between servers over a VPN to get relevant content appeals to me the most. Likewise, I love that you can use a VPN to unblock and stream Disney+ content on:
- PCs like Windows and Mac.
- Smartphones like iOS and Android devices.
- Android TV OS sets.
- Non-android smart TV sets.
However, not all VPNs work with Disney+. Some aren’t fast enough to unblock HD and 4K streams, some lack properly-engineered servers to unblock the platform, and others may compromise your security while streaming.
That’s why I put together a guide to the best VPNs to stream Disney+ in the Philippines and how to set them up properly.
What Are the Best VPNs to Stream Disney+ in the Philippines?
- Servers in huge Disney+ library locations: NordVPN has 1970+ US servers, 480+ Canadian servers, and 440+ UK servers, among others, to unblock some of the largest Disney+ libraries globally.
- Fast speeds: I tested the VPN on a 100Mbps connection and got 33Mbps, suitable for HD and 4K streaming. It even has an exclusive NordLynx protocol optimized for speed and security.
- Multi-platform compatibility: You can download the NordVPN app to stream Disney+ on your mobile phone and PC. It also has Smart DNS and router support to unblock the platform’s libraries on smart TVs and gaming consoles.
- Multi-device connections: Disney+ allows up to four screens/users to stream simultaneously. Fortunately, NordVPN also allows six simultaneous connections. So, all users can unblock content and stream at the same time.
- Streaming support: This VPN provider uses a SmartPlay feature to optimize its servers for content streaming. You can even connect to its P2P servers to get faster streaming speeds without bandwidth throttling.
On top of that, you can save more on NordVPN with these HUGE discounts and still test it risk-free for 30 days. So, you get a full refund if you don’t like the service.
- Fast obfuscation on all streaming servers: ExpressVPN hides the fact that you’re using a VPN, making it hard for Disney+ to detect your VPN traffic and block you from its service.
- Ultra-fast streaming speeds: Even though it has automatically enabled obfuscation (the VPN speed killer), ExpressVPN bettered NordVPN with its 35Mbps speeds. Ensure to enable its exclusive Lightway protocol too.
- Multi-platform compatibility: ExpressVPN is also compatible with PCs and mobile devices to flawlessly unblock Disney+ libraries in the Philippines. On top of that, you get five simultaneous connections so all users can stream at the same time.
- Supported servers: ExpressVPN has servers in 15+ US cities, 5 UK cities, 3 Canadian locations, and many more regions where you can get exclusive Disney+ titles unavailable in the Philippines.
- MediaStreamer and Router support: The VPN provider has an easier-to-use Smart DNS (MediaStreamer) and router app than the others, unblocking Disney+ on gaming consoles and smart TVs.
Even though it’s slightly expensive, you can still get fantastic discounts and test it with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Besides being the largest server network VPN provider here, CyberGhost made it easier to unblock and stream Disney+. Here’s how:
- Streaming-optimized servers: CyberGhost has a dedicated section for streaming-optimized servers. Some of these servers are engineered to unblock and stream Disney+ content.
- Even more simultaneous connections: Offering seven simultaneous connections means every Disney+ streamer on the same account doesn’t have to wait for another to be done before they unblock their preferred content.
- Fastest base speeds: Although ExpressVPN is considered faster due to its enabled obfuscation, CyberGhost recorded 38Mbps during my tests. That’s more than enough for lag-free 4K streaming.
- Multi-device compatibility: You don’t have to worry about missing out on Disney+ streaming on your PC, smartphone, smart TV, or gaming console with CyberGhost.
- Affordability: On top of everything, it’s the cheapest VPN provider here.
Being the cheapest doesn’t mean you shouldn’t grab these CyberGhost deals.
Plus, those deals allow you to test the VPN risk-free for 45 days!
How to Unblock and Watch Disney+ With a VPN From the Philippines?
I didn’t spend up to ten minutes getting and setting up a VPN to stream Disney+ in the Philippines for the first time.
Here’s a straightforward guide to help you too:
- Purchase a VPN subscription. I highly recommend NordVPN to unblock Disney+ in the Philippines.
- Download the VPN app to your preferred streaming device. In this case, I’ll get the Windows PC app.
- Optional: If you’re streaming via your smart TV or gaming console, set up NordVPN’s Smart DNS or install NordVPN on your router.
- Launch the VPN app and log in with your account credentials.
- Connect to a server in a preferred Disney+ region. I found that Canada has more content than the US, but the US has the most interesting range of content.
Method #2 – Set up Smart DNS
Unblocking Disney+ in the Philippines via Smart DNS is the best bet for smart TVs, supported gaming consoles, and streaming devices (like Apple TV) that can’t download a native VPN app.
Most of these devices come with DNS network settings which can be changed to your Smart DNS address. Thus, switching to a US-based smart DNS address should give you access to content in the USA.
Yes, I said “should,” not “would.”
Smart DNS servers don’t change your IP address as a VPN does.
So, Disney+ may still figure out that you’re in the Philippines if it checks your IP address, keeping you from unblocking content abroad.
Similarly, Smart DNS servers don’t encrypt your internet activity, unlike a VPN.
Your ISP can still see that you’re streaming content and throttle your internet speeds for that.
On top of that, Smart DNS is technical to set up, and it’s not as reliable to switch between different Disney+ libraries. After all, most providers restrict their robust Smart DNS addresses to the US and UK alone.
However, you don’t have to pay extra to get a Smart DNS address (which can sometimes be more expensive than a VPN).
If you get any of my recommended VPNs above, they also come with Smart DNS support (at no extra cost). That way, you can unblock Disney+ on your PCs and mobile devices, then use the VPN’s Smart DNS service for other devices that can’t download a VPN app.
Method #3 – Connect to Proxy Servers
Proxy servers are what you get when you take a few VPNs and a bit of Smart DNS.
Even so, they’re not as reliable as either.
The upside to proxy servers is that they allow you to choose specific locations you want to connect to, unlike most Smart DNS options. Still, they’re not as fast as Smart DNS servers and are often shadier.
On top of that, reputable streaming platforms like Disney+ constantly block proxy servers from accessing their content. Since most of these proxy servers are free on the web, it’s easy for Disney+ to find and block them.
If you finally find one that works, it may not be private. Thus, the server operator can see everything you do on its servers and collect sensitive information about your online activity. I don’t think that’s a safe space to be in while you enjoy your favorite shows, movies, and documentaries on Disney+.
What Content Can You Unblock on Disney+ in the Philippines?
Depending on what’s already in your region, you can unblock a series of original shows, movies, and documentaries on Disney+ in the Philippines.
In the past, titles like Mulan, Cruella, Raya and the Last Dragon, Jungle Cruise, and Black Widow were released earlier to some countries before others (like the Philippines) got it months later. As of this writing, some content hasn’t yet made it to the Philippines library.
So, depending on your tastes, you can unblock all the comedies, documentaries, history movies, dramas, series, and adventure movies on Disney+. You also get access to exclusive content that Disney+ pulls from other providers in some regions, such as:
|Disney+ Partner||Country||NordVPN Server to Unblock|
|Crave TV||Canada||Canada – Montreal|
|HBO||USA||US – Los Angeles|
|Sony Pictures||USA||US – Los Angeles|
|Studio Canal||UK, Ireland, Germany & France||UK – London|
You can’t watch Disney Plus in the Philippines with a free VPN, as most free VPN services lack reliable servers to unblock the service. Likewise, they’re mostly slow and will leak your IP address to Disney+, making them unreliable at accessing preferred content without running into proxy errors.
Watch Disney+ Without Borders
You don’t have to wait months to get region-exclusive content or restrict your viewing to a few Disney+ titles when you can have them all.
Try any of the approaches I’ve discussed above, and you’ll be watching new Disney+ content that was previously unavailable to you in the Philippines.
If you’re wondering which option is best, grab this NordVPN discount and test the premium VPN service risk-free for 30 days. I’m sure you’ll be convinced of its massive Disney+ unblocking ability in no time.