You can get a free trial of ExpressVPN to enjoy its streaming capabilities, split tunneling, access to geo-restricted shows, and high encrypted internet speeds via a 7-day free trial or its 30-day money-back guarantee option.
The 30-day money-back guarantee allows access on all supported devices, while the 7-day ExpressVPN free trial is only available for smartphone users (Android and iOS devices).
Likewise, there are different ways to go about getting each one.
So, strap in and continue reading to get an ExpressVPN free trial package.
How to Get ExpressVPN Free Trial (Step-By-Step Guide)
I’ll l take you through the steps to get ExpressVPN’s 7-day free trial and the 30-day risk-free trial below.
How to Get the 7-Day ExpressVPN Free Trial?
Here are the steps to take to get a 7-day ExpressVPN trial on your Android or iPhone.
- Search for ExpressVPN in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and install it.
- Launch the app, and you should see the 7-day free trial offer.
- Click “Start Free Trial.”
- Enter your email address (to be associated with your ExpressVPN account) on the next screen and continue.
- You’ll be directed to a new display asking you to select a plan. You won’t be charged immediately, only after 7 days (if you don’t cancel the free trial plan before then).
- You’ll be asked to set up your VPN. Tap OK.
- You’ll receive a connection request. Trust the source and tap OK.
- You’ll be taken to ExpressVPN’s home page, where you can connect to any server you want.
One of the most enticing features of the 7-day ExpressVPN free trial is that no upfront payment is required. On iOS, it doesn’t even ask for your credit card information.
So, once the free trial period is over, you won’t be charged for any plan.
On Android, however, you’ll be automatically upgraded to a premium plan if you don’t cancel before the trial ends.
How to Get ExpressVPN’s 30-Day Money-Back Trial?
ExpressVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee that works with PCs and mobile devices. You’ll have to pay upfront for this offer, but you’re entitled to a complete refund if it’s not your cup of tea.
Below are the steps to get this money-back offer:
- Visit the ExpressVPN website and click “Get ExpressVPN.”
- Choose a preferred plan. The yearly plan offers the best savings.
- Enter your email address and choose your preferred payment method. If you want to remain anonymous, there’s an option for cryptocurrency. Then, click “Join Now.”
- A new display appears with a system-generated password. You can opt to use it or create your own.
- A download button will appear on your next display with an activation code. Copy the code, then download ExpressVPN for your preferred PC or mobile device. I’ll use the Windows PC app for this demonstration.
- Launch the Windows app and fill in your copied activation code. Click “Continue.”
- A new display appears, asking you to launch on startup. Choose your preferred option.
- Enjoy ExpressVPN’s services for the next 30 days, and cancel to get a full refund if you don’t like the service.
How to Cancel Your ExpressVPN Free Trial?
You can end your ExpressVPN free trial anytime before it lapses if the VPN doesn’t meet your preferences.
Below, I’ll show you how to cancel the free and risk-free trial plans.
How to Cancel a 7-Day ExpressVPN Free Trial?
The 7-day ExpressVPN free trial must be canceled at least 24 hours before it expires. Otherwise, you may be charged.
Follow the steps below to cancel your 7-day free trial on Android or iOS:
- Go to your Google Play Store or iOS App Store. Ensure you’re logged in to the account you signed up for your free trial with.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right of your screen.
- Tap “Payment & subscriptions” on Android, then “Subscriptions.” For iOS, go to Subscriptions.
- Select “ExpressVPN.”
- A new display showing your upcoming charges will appear. Tap “Cancel subscription” at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll be directed to a new screen asking for the reason for your cancellation. Pick any answer, as this is a mere formality.
- After you cancel your free subscription, you can still enjoy ExpressVPN features until the last day of your current free trial.
- You should receive an email from Google Play to confirm canceling the free trial.
How to Cancel a 30-Day Money-Back ExpressVPN Trial?
If you’re unhappy with anything during this trial phase, you have up to 30 days to ask for a refund. However, you can’t use the app to ask for a refund.
Below are the steps to do this:
- Go to the ExpressVPN site, click “My Account,” and enter your sign-in details.
- Under “Subscription,” click “Manage settings.”
- Click “Turn off automatic renewal.”
- Confirm your intention by clicking the “Turn off automatic renewal” button.
- Now, reach out to customer service. The simplest way is to click on the green button (Need Help? Chat With Us!) in the bottom right corner of the website.
- Ask a member of the support team for a refund. Don’t forget to provide your account details.
- The support team might inquire about the reason for your cancellation, but it’s merely a formality.
You can still access your account while the refund process is ongoing, which may take a few days, depending on your bank or the mode of payment you choose.
Overall, the process was simple and easy, and I appreciate the availability of the 24/7 chat feature since it meant I didn’t have to wait for an email reply.
7-Day Free Trial vs. 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
Both trial plans ensure you’re not at risk of paying for a VPN service you might not like, but they differ in how they offer this promise.
I’ve tabled the core differences between both trial packages below to help you make a better-informed choice.
|Criteria:||7-Day Free Trial||30-Day Risk-Free Trial|
|Duration||7 days||30 days|
|Devices supported||iOS and Android||PCs, mobile devices, tablets, Smart TVs, and routers|
|Credit card required?||No||Yes|
|Access to premium services?||No||Yes|
Get an ExpressVPN Trial Today
A free trial will help determine if the service provider meets your preference.
Since ExpressVPN offers a 7-day free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee, you can test everything the premium VPN offers without losing money.
Ready to get started? Take advantage of these ExpressVPN offers to save more on the 30-day money-back guarantee.