Private Internet Access (PIA) offers a free trial for iOS and Android, which you can obtain by installing the app through the App Store or Play Store.
That said, the free trial is limiting.
It only lasts 7 days and allows only one simultaneous connection.
That’s bad news if you have multiple devices.
Luckily, PIA also comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, letting you test the service risk-free.
And the refund process is simple and painless.
A simple conversation is all it takes to get your money back.
I tested the whole process, and below are the steps you should follow to get a Private Internet Access free trial.
In a Hurry? Get PIA Free Trial in 4 Quick Steps
Here are the general steps to follow to get the PIA free trial:
- Subscribe to Private Internet Access.
- Download and install the PIA app.
- Connect to a server and enjoy the VPN service.
- Don’t like it? Request a refund via chat within 30 days.
Step-By-Step Guide: How to Get Private Internet Access Free Trial?
- Select your preferred plan. Private Internet Access offers 3 subscription options – 1 month, 6 months, and 2 years. I recommend getting the 1-month plan for the free trial as it will cost you the least.
But there’s also a case to be made for the 2-year plan.
Although it’ll cost you more initially, if you end up sticking with PIA after the free trial, you’ll have enjoyed an 82% discount.
- Enter your payment details. Select your preferred payment method and fill in your personal information. PIA accepts PayPal, credit cards, and several cryptocurrencies.
- Check out. After completing the signup, you’ll receive a confirmation message and email with your PIA login credentials.
- Download and install the app. With your PIA subscription now active, click the “Apps” tab on the website to download the VPN app.
- Log in to your app. Once installed, launch the PIA app and enter your username and password.
- Connect to a VPN server. Try out the service and explore PIA’s premium features.
- Cancel your PIA subscription. Contact support or submit a ticket.
And you’re done! With PIA’s money-back guarantee, you can freely test the service.
How to Cancel Your PIA Subscription and Get Your Money Back?
PIA’s refund policy is straightforward, and in most cases, you get your money back within 5 business days.
But one key thing to keep in mind is that not all payment methods are covered in the money-back guarantee.
You won’t get a refund for purchases made via iTunes, PayGarden, or gift card.
Additionally, Private Internet Access does not refund prorated payments.
However, if you pay via iTunes, you can still get a refund, but only through App Store.
Here is a detailed walkthrough on how to cancel your PIA subscription and get a full refund:
- Go to the PIA website, click the “Log In” button in the top-right corner
- Sign in. Enter your PIA login credentials to sign in to your account.
- Turn off auto-renewal. If you have auto-renewal enabled, make sure you deactivate it before proceeding. Then click the green live chat icon at the bottom right corner.
- Start chat. Click “Transfer to agent” to initiate a conversation with a customer support agent and ask them to cancel your subscription.
Most likely, you’ll be asked to provide the reason for the cancellation.
You’re also required to provide the following information to verify your account:
- The email address you entered during account registration.
- The PIA Order number from your payment confirmation email.
If you don’t have the PIA Order number, you can verify your account using your payment method:
- PayPal: Profile ID or Subscription ID (starts with “I-” or “S-”)
- Amazon: Transaction ID
- Google: Google Order Number
- Bitcoin: Bitcoin Transaction URL
- CashU: Transaction ID
- Ripple: Transaction ID
- Paymentwall: Transaction ID
After that, the agent will initiate the refund process, and you should receive the funds within 5 business days.
How to Get Private Internet Access 7-Day Free Trial? (iOS & Android)
The 7-day free trial is more straightforward to obtain.
And the process is generally similar on Android and iOS.
Follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device. If you use an iOS device, open the App Store.
- Search for “VPN by Private Internet Access” and click “Install.”
- After the PIA VPN app is installed, click “Open.”
- Select “Subscribe Now” and proceed to check out.
- Log in to the PIA VPN app.
- Connect to any of the PIA VPN server locations to start using the service.
- Cancel your subscription. Open Google Play and go Payments and subscriptions > Subscriptions. Ensure you make your cancellation within 7 days.
What Do You Get With a Private Internet Access Free Trial?
With the PIA 30-day money-back guarantee, you get unlimited features and unthrottled performance.
In fact, the speeds are incredibly fast.
Its server connections are also stable, enabling you to browse and stream 4K videos without interruptions.
You’ll also get access to servers in 84 countries, allowing you to bypass geo-restrictions.
When testing its US servers, I unblocked American Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+.
PIA also provides robust encryption and best-in-class VPN protocols, ensuring you’re safe when connecting to public WiFi.
The provider also takes online privacy seriously and has a strict no-logs policy.
On top of that, PIA supports port forwarding, which lets you increase connection speeds when torrenting.
Another thing I like about PIA is that it offers Smart DNS.
This allows you to unblock content on Smart TVs, gaming consoles, and other devices that don’t support VPNs.
Plus, Private Internet Access is user-friendly.
You’ll get native apps for Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, and browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera.
And with one subscription, you can cover up to 10 devices simultaneously.
Finally, I give their customer support 10/10.
Besides having 24/7 live chat, their customer support agents are friendly and helpful.
I also found them quick and cooperative when I asked for a refund.
What's Better: Money-Back Guarantee or Free Trial?
Money-back guarantees are usually better than free trials when it comes to VPNs. Most free trials come with limited features or are available for a short duration.
Some limitations imposed on free trials include data caps and the number of simultaneous connections.
VPN providers use these tricks to prod you to upgrade to a paying subscriber.
This is the case with PIA, which limits its free trial to 1 simultaneous connection and iOS and Android.
Yes, Private Internet Access VPN has a free trial.
Unfortunately, it lasts for 7 days only and is limited to the PIA mobile apps.
The VPN provider also offers a money-back guarantee, which allows you to test the service for 30 days and still get a refund.
After you cancel your PIA free trial subscription, you can continue using the service for the remainder of the 7 days.
But once it expires, you can’t get another free trial with the same card details.
At the moment, you cannot get a Private Internet Access free trial without a credit card.
But you won’t be charged until 7 days have passed, and that’s if you don’t cancel your subscription before then.
With the 30-day money-back guarantee, you need first to purchase a subscription to use the service.
While you can’t use the 7-day free trial on multiple devices, the 30-day money-back guarantee allows you to use PIA risk-free on up to 10 devices.
That means you can use the VPN on your smartphone, computer, and smart TV simultaneously.
If you fail to cancel your PIA subscription within 30 days, you won’t get a refund.
If you decide to cancel your subscription, I suggest leaving ample time for the refund process and any issues that may arise.
There you have it!
It’s easy to get Private Internet Access free trial.
Although you need to sign up to get the 30-day money-back guarantee, refunds are handled smoothly without any complications.
Why wait around? Grab our exclusive PIA deal and test the service risk-free for the next 30 days.