This guide shows you how to set up and use ExpressVPN for PokerStars to get a hand at one of the world’s largest online poker tables.
ExpressVPN is excellent for PokerStars freemium, allowing gamers to unblock the app from restricted countries like China and Israel. But you can also use it to play Real Money anywhere, barring that you have the proper credentials to verify your identity.
Explore using ExpressVPN to enjoy Diamond Stars, Aces and Faces, and more on PokerStars!
How Do I Use ExpressVPN on PokerStars?
It’s easy to unblock and access PokerStars with ExpressVPN. I’ll show you the ropes below:
- Use this link to get an exclusive deal on an ExpressVPN subscription.
- Click “Start Your Trial Today.”
- Choose a plan.
- Enter your email address and select a payment method to complete your purchase.
- Sign in to your account and download the app to your device.
- Launch the app and enable the kill switch under Settings > General > Network Lock.
- Click Settings > Protocol to connect to Lightway.
- Connect to a server in a location where PokerStars Real Money is approved. I chose Canada – Toronto.
- Go to the PokerStars website and click “Join.” Note how PokerStars detected my location as Canada, even though I was in South Africa then.
- Select a province if prompted to do so. Click “Continue.”
- Create a username. Click “Continue.”
- Create a password. Click “Continue.”
- Enter an email address. Click “Continue.”
- Enter your birthdate to confirm your age.
- Click “Continue to personal details.” Complete the forms with your credentials.
- Log in to PokerStars and play freemium games from anywhere.
- Click “Deposit” to play for Real Money. Note that you may be asked for extra details (like a phone number or identity documents) to verify the use of this feature.
- To download the app, click POKER > Download PokerStars.
- Follow the installation prompts and launch the app.
Alternative VPN Options With a Dedicated Server IP for PokerStars
While ExpressVPN assures users it rotates IPs regularly, it fails to provide a dedicated IP service to those wanting a more constant VPN server to bypass PokerStars VPN detection methods.
If you insist on a dedicated IP to improve the stability of your connection so you don’t miss your turn or lose out on an opportunity at your Texas Hold’em or Black Jack table, check my guide to the best dedicated IP VPNs to choose.
There’s always a chance PokerStars can detect ExpressVPN.
This is because VPN behavior is easy to pinpoint, and the gambling site is vigilant for suspicious activity.
In worst-case scenarios, PokerStars will freeze or ban your account.
The good news is you can use a different ExpressVPN server IP to create a new account.
ExpressVPN protects PokerStars players from trackers and malware only when the Threat Manager feature is enabled.
To enable Threat Manager, connect to the Lightway protocol before toggling the security feature. Likewise, ensure you’ve updated to the latest app to get access to this feature.
The best ExpressVPN servers for smooth gaming on PokerStars are ones with low ping or latency. These are usually listed under Recommended Locations on the VPN app and will differ depending on where you connect from.
Likewise, ensure you choose the best servers in Canada, Malta, or the UK to bypass restrictions.
Up the Ante and Get ExpressVPN for PokerStars Now!
ExpressVPN offers global servers in PokerStars-friendly regions to play Rainbow Burst, Roulette, and Baccarat from anywhere. Plus, military-grade encryption, threat protection, RAM-only servers, and a solid no-logs policy keep your gambling anonymous.
The only thing missing is this ExpressVPN discount, and you can start enjoying PokerStars, even from out-of-market regions!