If you want to earn money with Swagbucks from anywhere, the best way to do so is with a VPN provider like NordVPN.
NordVPN provides thousands of servers in countries where Swagbucks is available, allowing you unfettered access to the platform.
NordVPN can also help you avoid account bans and blocks from Swagbucks.
Read on to learn more about how to use Swagbucks with a VPN from regions where the service isn’t yet supported.
Is Swagbucks Available in Your Region?
Swagbucks is currently expanding into more markets but doesn’t cover all countries and regions.
The areas where Swagbucks is accessible are detailed in the table below:
|Most European Countries
|Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand
|The USA and its regions
|India, Philippines, etc
|Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Cameroon, Angola, South Africa, etc.
You can access Swagbucks in these countries without a VPN, but you can still get better deals and earn more redeemable SB points when you use a VPN.
I’ll discuss that better in the subsequent sections, so keep reading.
Meanwhile, if you try signing in to Swagbucks from a region where it’s not supported yet, the platform keeps your signup on file but never grants you access to its service.
That’s explained in the message on their official support page below.
But you don’t have to wait till Swagbucks decide to come into your region before you start using the service.
In the following heading, I discuss how to get Swagbucks from anywhere.
How to Get Swagbucks in Your Region With a VPN?
You can get Swagbucks with a VPN if
- The service isn’t available in your region.
- You’re traveling away from an area where Swagbucks is available.
- You want to enjoy better earnings and premium benefits from other Swagbucks areas.
No matter which it is, I’ve detailed how to get the service on Android, iOS, and PC from anywhere.
Use Swagbucks on iOS With a VPN
- Download the Swagbucks app from your App Store. You might need to change your location (the US is preferable). Check the video guide below.
- Choose a VPN provider. I recommend NordVPN, but I discuss other alternatives below.
- Launch your VPN app and connect to a US server location.
- Once connected, launch the Swagbucks app.
- Login with existing credentials/sign up for a new account
- You can now use Swagbucks in your region.
Note: If you’re setting up Swagbucks on an existing phone, know that you may lose your iCloud music library when you change your region.
I recommend doing this on a new device that doesn’t have all your music tied to it or get a backup file of your playlists before changing your region.
Use Swagbucks on Android With a VPN
- Download the Swagbucks app on your Google Play Store. You might need to change your region (check the video below) for the app to show up.
- Buy a VPN subscription from a reliable vendor. I recommend NordVPN for Android devices, too.
- Open the VPN app and connect to a US server location.
- Launch the Swagbucks app. Sign up or log in if you have an existing account.
- You can now use Swagbucks in your region.
Note: Always remember to connect to the same VPN location as the first time you used Swagbucks for every subsequent visit.
That way, your account doesn’t get banned from the platform after discovering that you’re using its service from another region.
How to Use Swagbucks on PC with a VPN?
Using Swagbucks on PC (or via the website) doesn’t require changing your App Store region settings, but you still have to switch regions to access the service.
Here’s how to do that:
- Buy a VPN subscription (I use NordVPN for PC, too) and install the browser extension. I prefer the Google Chrome browser.
- Connect to a supported server location. The US is my preferred location, and I’ll tell you why in a moment.
- Launch your browser in Incognito Mode. This helps to keep browser cache and cookies from preventing the VPN from working fully.
- Check that your VPN is still active in Incognito Mode. Otherwise, please enable it.
- Go to the official website (https://www.swagbucks.com/) to create a Swagbucks account.
- Create an account or log in with existing credentials.
- You can now use Swagbucks on your PC in your region too.
I recommend the USA because you stand to earn more from this region.
United States advertisers pay a higher premium than elsewhere, and you also qualify for many bonuses.
Likewise, some survey types are exclusive to the USA and its regions, so you stand to make more money from that in this case too.
I recommend you download the VPN app for your PC because browser extensions don’t encrypt your traffic as well as the app would.
Most browser extensions only serve as proxies.
Therefore you don’t get the full suite of VPN protection you paid for.
What’s the Best VPN for Swagbucks?
I always recommend using NordVPN for Swagbucks, but two other VPN providers will get the job done, too.
Here are the best VPN services for unblocking Swagbucks from any other country where the service isn’t available.
#1 NordVPN – Unblock Swagbucks From Multiple USA Locations
NordVPN offers 5400+ servers in over 60 countries, and of these, 1970+ are in the USA alone.
That gives you ample locations to choose from when unblocking Swagbucks.
If you’re traveling outside of the USA, there’s a high chance you can unblock Swagbucks like you’re still at home.
Swagbucks takes its platform’s integrity seriously and may ban your account if they find out you’re using a VPN.
That’s why you should have a VPN like NordVPN that offers IP and DNS leak protection.
With these, Swagbucks doesn’t find out that you’re using a VPN which could lead to an account ban.
NordVPN even provides a dedicated IP address service for an extra fee, which you can use to always connect to Swagbucks from the same VPN server and IP.
This puts an extra layer of trust between you and Swagbucks since they feel you’re genuinely a resident in that location.
Finally, I love that you can access Swagbucks with obfuscated servers on NordVPN, making it impossible for even your ISP to know you’re using VPN services.
A single NordVPN subscription can work across six devices simultaneously, and you can enjoy exclusive NordVPN discounts here.
#2 Surfshark – Most Affordable Way to Unblock Swagbucks
Surfshark offers over 600 servers across 25 cities in the USA, so it doesn’t have the reach of NordVPN.
Still, it’s no slouch when unblocking the survey service from anywhere.
The VPN service provider also has a lot of servers in Canada, the UK, and most of Europe, where you’d get access to Swagbucks anyway.
Connect to any of these locations, and you’ll be on your way.
Plus, Surfshark’s CleanWeb service makes it easier to navigate the web and complete your surveys without seeing ads.
A 256-bit data encryption protocol on Surfshark adds up with DNS leak protection to ensure your internet traffic is seen only by you.
This makes it impossible for your ISP to know what you’re doing – or for Swagbucks to catch that you’re using a VPN on their platform.
This VPN caps it off with unlimited simultaneous connections, allowing you to connect your Android, iOS, Mac, Linux, and Windows devices under the same subscription.
You get unlimited bandwidth on these connections, so don’t worry about throttled speeds.
If Surfshark sounds like the best VPN to unblock Swagbucks for you, enjoy SurfShark exclusive discounts with a 30-day moneyback guarantee if you don’t like what you see.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access has a reach of 18 server locations in the USA which could amount to hundreds of servers potent enough to unblock Swagbucks.
The VPN also has a solid presence in Europe, Asia, and other parts of the Americas, so you can also unlock Swagbucks from any other region.
You’ll appreciate the secure kill switch from PIA when your connection drops, preventing your device from transmitting data that could let Swagbucks know you’re from another region.
A built-in ad-blocking feature backs this to guarantee a smoother web experience when taking your surveys or watching ads.
If you’d like a dedicated IP, PIA provides you with one in your preferred regions.
This allows you to always connect to Swagbucks from the exact virtual location, removing any doubt that you might not be where you say you are.
Private Internet Access provides these premium benefits on up to 10 devices at once.
You can test PIA VPN free for seven (7) days on Android and iOS or check the 30-day moneyback guarantee, which allows you to unlock all the features risk-free.
Is a VPN Financially Wise for Using Swagbucks?
VPN subscriptions can get expensive on a per-month basis, which might take a considerable chunk of your Swagbucks points.
That also depends on how active you are on the platform and how much you make.
You might not see the cost benefits of getting a VPN to unblock the service for modest Swagbucks activity, but that’s further from the truth.
The VPNs I recommend on this list offer extremely cheap plans when you go for the yearly or multi-year plan. The difference could be as much as 3-5x in some cases, which is massive savings.
On top of that, unblocking Swagbucks for the USA regions puts lucrative offers, reviews, and ads in front of you, earning you more than any other global region.
Likewise, VPNs like Surfshark allow you to simultaneously use the same software on unlimited devices.
You can even split the subscription cost with others and enjoy the same VPN protection.
Speaking of protection, using a VPN for Swagbucks will also encrypt your internet traffic to prevent hackers and snoopers from stealing sensitive information from you.
You equally enjoy value-added services such as SmartDNS, premium ad-blocking, antivirus, and threat detection/management within the same subscription, among other things.
This shows that a reliable VPN is a financially sound decision to unblock Swagbucks and do more on the internet.
Can You Get Banned if You Use a VPN With Swagbucks?
There are reports of users getting banned from using Swagbucks because they accessed the platform with a VPN.
Follow the guide below to prevent that from happening to you:
- Sign up with a referral link – Swagbucks thinks you have to be in the same region as someone who already has an account to get a referral link, so they don’t look too closely at your account. Anyway, it works, so you should sign up with a valid referral link.
- Use a reliable VPN – Free and unreliable VPNs leak your IP and DNS details or might not have a working kill switch. All these reveal your data to Swagbucks, which picks up that you’re from an unsupported region. I recommend NordVPN since it’s engineered against these issues.
- Disable device GPS – Your device’s location may give you off even if you’re using a VPN. This is more of an issue on Android or iOS devices since some apps can pull location data, overriding what your VPN suggests to the Swagbucks server. Make sure to toggle your location off before using Swagbucks.
- Bouncing around servers – The fact that your choice VPN has thousands of servers doesn’t mean you should try them all with Swagbucks. Find about 2-3 server locations you like within a region (such as the USA) and always connect from those alone. Otherwise, you raise red flags with the inconsistent locations.
- Use incognito mode – When accessing Swagbucks via PC, always choose Incognito Mode. Some browsers will store cache and cookies that may include your location data. If this leaks to the Swagbucks servers, they can pick up that you’re trying to game the system with a VPN.
- Never login without VPN – Always connect to your VPN before logging in to Swagbucks or launching the app. Otherwise, your first connection without the VPN signals the Swagbucks servers that you’re connecting from an unlicensed location.
- Get a dedicated IP address – NordVPN offers dedicated IP addresses, but I don’t think you need it in all cases. If you’re concerned about your account not getting banned, request a dedicated IP address from which you always connect to the Swagbucks platform.
Swagbucks is available in most of Europe, Asia, and the Americas and is slowly expanding to some parts of Africa.
The survey-based service doesn’t maintain a current list of what exact countries they support.
However, they promise to keep expanding and adding more locations as soon as they have enough engagement and advertising partners to work with in those areas.
Whenever you sign up to Swagbucks from a country where it isn’t available, you get added to the waiting list for that region.
That way, you’ll be informed once Swagbucks launches in the area.
Swagbucks is cracking down on VPN providers, and free VPNs aren’t reliable enough to continuously unblock the service without getting your account banned.
Free VPNs have a bad reputation for IP and DNS leaks, which notifies the Swagbucks servers you’re connecting from another region – resulting in an account ban.
It’s best to use inexpensive VPNs like NordVPN, which offers you IP protection, boasts an anti-DNS leak service, and features an automatic kill switch to prevent data transfers once your connection drops.
Swagbucks servers won’t detect properly optimized VPNs like NordVPN, Surfshark, and Private Internet Access since these providers invest so much in encrypting your data connection.
You can take extra measures with obfuscated servers on Surfshark and NordVPN, making it impossible for even your ISP to know you’re on a VPN.
Start Earning With Your Swagbucks Accounts
I recommend unblocking Swagbucks from the USA because advertisers in that region are willing to spend more, so you earn more.
Swagbucks also has most of its top features available in the USA version of the service, which gives you the room to explore different earning opportunities.
You already know that free VPNs don’t do a good job and might get your account banned.
If you’re skeptical about putting your money on a VPN that might not unblock Swagbucks properly, try out NordVPN risk-free for 30 days to see how well it holds up.