Fixing the password verification error on NordVPN can be a straightforward process related to your login credentials.
However, it’ll take a little longer if there’s an issue affected by your application settings.
Don’t panic though!
You’ll find a heap of solutions in this guide to help you get past the frustrating error.
The TL;DR Version of Fixing the Password Verification Auth Error
The most common reason for users experiencing the password verification failed auth error in NordVPN is due to an incorrect password.
I recommend resetting your NordVPN password in the first instance before diving into the other fixes in this article.
If that doesn’t work, keep reading and you’ll find some other tried and tested solutions to help resolve the NordVPN authentication error.
How to Fix Password Verification Failed Auth With NordVPN?
There are various reasons why you cannot authenticate with NordVPN.
Below, you’ll find various solutions known to resolve the common error associated with NordVPN.
Fix 1: Reset Your Password
If you’re receiving the Verification Failed: ‘Auth’ error when attempting to login to NordVPN, the most common cause is an incorrect password.
This fix is the most simple and can be completed in a few steps:
- Visit the NordVPN password reset page.
- Enter your email address and click Send Reset Link.
- You’ll receive an email to your registered NordVPN email address. Please click the Reset Password link in that email.
- A page will open in your web browser where you can enter a new password.
- Please re-attempt to log in to the NordVPN application with your new username and password.
If you’re still unable to log in, please proceed to the next step.
Fix 2: Refresh Your Login Session
It’s common for the communication between the NordVPN servers and the NordVPN app to become interrupted, and, as a result, you might see the auth error when attempting to log in.
Please log out of the NordVPN application to see if this fixes the issue.
- Open the NordVPN application and navigate to the Settings icon at the top-right of the app dashboard.
- On the left, scroll and click Logout.
- Re-authenticate using your NordVPN username and password to see if this resolves the problem.
Fix 3: Adjust Your NordVPN Privacy Settings
Although less common, there may be an issue with your NordVPN privacy settings, which causes the authentication error.
Please adjust your application settings by following these steps.
Specifically, we’ll be disabling the obfuscated servers, invisibility on LAN and CyberSec settings.
- Open NordVPN and click the gear (Settings) icon at the top-right of the application.
- Please begin by selecting the Advanced tab from the left options pane.
- Ensure the Obfuscated servers OpenVPN (TCP) option and Invisibility on LAN settings are both set to Off.
- Next, select General from the options in the left pane.
- Now, find the option on the right called CyberSec: block ads and malicious websites. Ensure the toggle is set to Off.
- You can now attempt to see if the error disappeared.
If you still see the error, please reboot your system and test it again.
Fix 4: Whitelist NordVPN on Your Firewall and Antivirus
Most Windows users have an antivirus and Windows Firewall working in tandem, and this security ensures malicious applications are prevented from harming your system.
Unfortunately, Windows Firewall is a little stricter with some files unnecessarily, and NordVPN has been known to get caught in this trap.
Windows Firewall or your antivirus may see the files associated with NordVPN as a threat and either block the files or create firewall rules to block NordVPN connection attempts.
To get around this, or at least to test if Windows Firewall or your antivirus are causing the NordVPN auth issue, the simplest option is to disable both of them temporarily.
- To disable Windows Firewall, click Start > Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Windows Security > Firewall & network protection.
- Choose Public network.
- Disable the toggle under Microsoft Defender Firewall.
Windows Firewall is now disabled.
You should now retry NordVPN to see if the issue is resolved and turn the firewall on again right away.
Not doing so can leave your system vulnerable to attacks.
If this fixed the issue, you need to add the following file exceptions to ensure your firewall whitelists them:
- %ProgramFiles% (x86)\NordVPN\NordVPN.exe
- %ProgramFiles% (x86)\NordVPN\nordvpn-service.exe
- %ProgramFiles% (x86)\NordVPN\Resources\Binaries\64bit\openvpn-nordvpn.exe
- %ProgramFiles% (x86)\NordVPN\Resources\Binaries\32bit\openvpn-nordvpn.exe
If you still experience the auth error, please refer to your Antivirus provider to disable your antivirus software and check if this affects the auth error.
Fix 5: Uninstall the NordVPN Application and Re-Download
Reinstalling the NordVPN application may keep some of the previous setup files stored on your device, so I recommend attempting a clean install to see if it does the trick.
- On Windows, please click Start > Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Scroll to the NordVPN entry and select Uninstall.
- When prompted, choose Uninstall again.
- Click Yes on the following prompt that appears. NordVPN will now be uninstalled from your device.
- Download the NordVPN Windows installer and once it finishes, click the downloaded file to open the setup.
- Follow the installation prompts to complete the setup.
- Once the installation finishes, please try logging in to NordVPN to see if your issue is now resolved.
Fix 6: Repair the NordVPN Application
Before attempting to uninstall every trace of NordVPN, it’s worth trying to repair the installation.
Occasionally, the NordVPN application can become corrupted, which impacts your authenticated password and throws the auth verification error.
- Visit the NordVPN downloads section and select the installation for your chosen device.
- Open the NordVPN application and select Settings.
- Scroll down and click Logout.
- Open the NordVPN file you just downloaded and click Repair.
- Once the installation finishes, re-attempt the login process.
Fix 7: Check the Application Is Up-to-Date
NordVPN will often prompt you to advise if a new version of the NordVPN application has been released.
You’ll typically be presented with an option to auto-update, but if not, you can follow the steps below to check your app version and update it manually.
- Open NordVPN and click the gear (Settings) icon.
- Click General on the left menu pane, and check the version number at the app’s top.
- If the app says, You’re up to date! Then you don’t need to do anything.
- Should you see an outdated version, download the latest version of NordVPN.
- Once the download finishes, open the newly added file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, and NordVPN will overwrite the existing installed version.
Now, test to check if NordVPN continues to throw the same auth error.
If you’re still unable to resolve the NordVPN password verification error, I recommend contacting NordVPN customer support to see if they can assist.
Still Having Issues? Try These NordVPN Alternatives
If the NordVPN password verification failed issue is becoming a little too frustrating, I have some of my favorite VPNs listed below that are highly rated.
Surfshark is the most affordable NordVPN alternative.
It offers blistering speeds across many of its servers, and you can use it on unlimited devices simultaneously.
Private Internet Access offers advanced privacy features like an internet kill switch, split tunneling, full torrenting support, and a built-in ad blocker.
The NordVPN password verification failed auth error can be frustrating, but it’s easily solvable with the steps mentioned in this article.
Often, it’s as straightforward as a password reset.
There are many other VPN providers available if you continue to experience the error, with ExpressVPN easily being my recommended NordVPN alternative.
Still on the fence about NordVPN?