NordVPN works in Hungary to bypass ISP throttling, unblock popular country-specific and international streaming services, secure online banking services and internet traffic, and offer full internet freedom.
This robust VPN provider boasts strong data encryption, 5500+ VPN servers in 60 countries, fast connection speeds, unlimited bandwidth, and multiple device compatibility for Hungary citizens, tourists, and dwellers.
Read on to discover how to get a Hungarian IP address, unblock content abroad, and stay safe online with NordVPN.
How to Use NordVPN in Hungary?
Using NordVPN in Hungary requires downloading the VPN app, tweaking a few settings, and connecting to a VPN server.
Here’s a detailed version of the processes involved:
- Get your preferred NordVPN subscription plan. Take advantage of these NordVPN offers to cut costs.
- Download and install the NordVPN app on your device(s). I’m using a Windows PC for this example.
- Launch the VPN app and log in using your account credentials (Email and password).
- Enable the internet kill switch to prevent IP/DNS leaks if the VPN disconnects unexpectedly. Go to Settings > Kill Switch > Internet Kill Switch. Likewise, you can enable the “App Kill Switch” and add only the apps you want to protect.
- Choose a suitable protocol, preferably NordLynx, to enjoy solid security and fast speeds. Go to Settings > Connection > VPN protocol > NordLynx.
- Click the globe icon to open the list of servers. Type your preferred server in the search bar and click it to connect. I’ll use the London server.
- Test for IP/DNS leaks. My IP leak test confirmed that I was connected to the VPN-assigned IP address, not my real location IP address.
- Enjoy secure browsing and a seamless content-unblocking experience in Hungary.
How to Get a Hungarian IP Address With NordVPN?
Getting a Hungarian IP address on NordVPN is similar to setting the VPN up in Hungary. The only difference here is choosing a Hungary server.
In other words, do this:
- Complete steps 1 to 5 above.
- Tap the globe icon to locate NordVPN’s server list. Then, type “Hungary” in the search bar and click the location to connect.
- Test for IP/DNS leaks, ensuring you’re assigned a Hungarian IP address, not your actual location IP address.
- Enjoy your Hungarian IP address to secure your OTP Bank, K&H Bank, CIB Bank, or your preferred Hungary online bank transactions or access RTL Klub movies and shows abroad!
Why Is NordVPN Useful in Hungary?
NordVPN is a reliable VPN for Hungary to bypass ISP throttling, secure connections, access geo-restricted country-specific services, and get around international content blocks.
But there’s more where that came from.
Extensive Server Network
NordVPN boasts 5500+ servers in 60 countries for unblocking geo-restricted streaming, torrenting, and other international online services.
Even better, NordVPN offers Hungary servers, so you no longer need to worry about Vodafone, Magyar Telekom, or your preferred ISP prying on your local internet browsing. Likewise, these local servers make accessing TV2 and RTL Klub abroad a walk in the park!
NordVPN is a Panama-based VPN service, putting it beyond the 14-Eye surveillance alliances. In other words, the VPN provider isn’t obligated to share user data with anyone or any authority.
On top of that, NordVPN offers a no-logs policy, meaning it doesn’t keep/store users’ online activities such as browsing history, DNS requests, traffic connections, etc.
Two of the “Big Four” auditors (PwC and Deloitte) audited NordVPN’s no-logs policy three times and confirmed it.
Ultra Fast Speeds
NordVPN’s connection speeds are impressive, causing an insignificant 3 Mbps speed drop. Therefore, I could watch “First They Killed My Father” on Netflix HU in 4K without buffers.
This also translates into NordVPN’s fast download speeds to grab files privately via uTorrent or your preferred torrent client.
NordVPN is compatible with Windows, iOS, macOS, Linux, Android TV, Kindle Fire, Android, Firestick, and Xbox. So, you can unblock content on any device while securing your connection.
And if you’re a smart TV user, the VPN provider offers a Smart DNS feature at no additional cost to help you bypass geo-restrictions.
Finally, the VPN allows up to six connections, making it possible to secure multiple devices simultaneously.
If you’re worried about the Hungary government and Vodafone, Pantel, Monortel, or your preferred Hungary ISP monitoring your online activity, NordVPN’s industry-leading 256 AES encryption guarantees air-tight protection against that.
Furthermore, the VPN offers a Kill switch to protect your IP/DNS from leaking in case the VPN connection drops unexpectedly.
Another NordVPN protection mechanism is the Threat Protection feature, which includes an:
- Anti-malware tool: Scans and removes malware-infected files and websites before they harm your device(s).
- Ads blocker: This blocks ad pop-ups, providing a smoother and uninterrupted browsing experience.
- Anti-tracker: Blocks potential third-party trackers on websites you visit.
NordVPN offers 24/7 live chat to handle customer queries and issues from Hungary promptly. Also, you can easily find help via Email, FAQs base, and the Help Center available on NordVPN’s website.
Guard Your Online Connections in Hungary With NordVPN Now!
NordVPN works in Hungary, offering 5500+ servers in 60 countries and Hungary servers for accessing geo-restricted services on Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, Linux, etc.
The VPN also provides solid security measures such as AES 256-bit encryption, kill switches, a no-logs policy, and Threat Protection to protect your online data.
Ready to get started? Grab these exclusive discounts and test the VPN risk-free for 30 days!