Surfshark works in Belgium, and you can set it up on your mobile devices, PC, smart TV, gaming consoles, and streaming devices (like Apple TV).
The VPN service provider also includes two Belgium server locations which double as P2P servers and multi-hop connection servers. Hence, ensuring users can get extra security and online privacy on the local servers.
I’ve broken down the Surfshark setup method for multiple device types in Belgium into stepwise guides below.
How to Setup Surfshark on PCs and Mobile Devices in Belgium?
Surfshark offers smartphones and PC apps, and they’re similar to setup.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Get a Surfshark subscription. Use these discounts to save more.
- Download the Surfshark app for your device. You can grab the smartphone app from your device’s app store or go to the Surfshark download page for the PC app.
- Install and launch the VPN, then log in with your account credentials.
- Click “Quick-connect” to connect to an automatically chosen server. Or, search for an optional server, then click it.
- Enjoy the VPN service in Belgium.
How to Setup Surfshark on Gaming Consoles and Smart TVs in Belgium?
You don’t get Surfshark apps for gaming consoles, non-Android smart TV sets, and streaming units. However, you can still use Surfshark with these units from Belgium via the router setup or SmartDNS.
Setup Surfshark for Gaming Consoles and PCs via Router
Before we start, ensure you have a VPN-compatible router.
Some routers aren’t VPN-compatible by default but allow you to flash custom firmware onto them, as shown below.
However, flashing custom firmware has risks, and some routers won’t support VPN installation, no matter what.
But if you have a compatible router, here’s how to set up Surfshark:
- Connect your smart TV, gaming console, or streaming unit to the router network.
- Unblock content on your smart TV/streaming devices and get DDoS protection while gaming via your console in Belgium.
Then, you can broadcast a secure Surfshark connection to your gaming console and smart TV from there. Watch the first part of the video below to do this.
Setup Surfshark for Gaming Consoles and PCs via SmartDNS
The SmartDNS method is best for unblocking US-only content across your smart TV, gaming console, and other units without a VPN app. If you want to unblock non-US content (like BBC iPlayer), stick with the router setup above.
That said, let’s explore Smart DNS:
- Click VPN > Manual setup in the left-hand menu.
- Click “TV or console.”
- Surfshark should automatically start setting up your Smart DNS. Wait for the process to complete.
- Once set up, click “Smart DNS” from the same left-hand menu (VPN > Smart DNS).
- Copy the DNS addresses generated for your device. I recommend trying ONE DNS address before moving to the other.
- Open your TV’s network settings and update the DNS with Surfshark’s Smart DNS.
- You can do the same for your Xbox or PlayStation gaming console.
- Unblock US-region content (one of the biggest libraries) on your preferred streaming/gaming platforms.
What’s the Best Surfshark Protocol and Server for Belgium?
Surfshark’s WireGuard protocol is the best and fastest to use in Belgium.
However, you may get better performance against firewalls, VPN traffic blocks, and harsh censorship with the OpenVPN protocol, which is slower than WireGuard.
To choose the correct protocol
- Click “Settings.”
- Click “VPN settings.”
- Scroll to “Protocol” and toggle the dropdown.
- Select “WireGuard.”
That said, the best Surfshark server to connect to in Belgium depends on whether you want internet privacy, DDoS protection, content unblocking, torrent downloads, or something else from the VPN.
So, you can connect to ANY Surfshark server to secure your internet activities from Proximus, BASE, other ISPs, and public Wi-Fi network admins.
Furthermore, connect to a nearby server for the best speed and performance while enjoying reliable privacy.
Alternatively, connect to a US server to unblock US content (like Peacock TV), click on a UK server to watch UK-restricted content (like BBC iPlayer), or choose the server location where any other content you want to unblock is showing.
You can also connect to Surfshark’s MultiHop servers for improved privacy in Belgium. This gives you different IP addresses on the connection entry and exit points. Thus, anyone tracking you can only see the first IP you connected with, but not the second.
Follow the guide below to learn how to do that with a Belgium server.
How to Get a Belgium IP Address on Surfshark?
Even in Belgium, you can connect to a local server to encrypt your internet activity from your ISPs or public Wi-Fi network admins at Belga Café (Brussels), Pizza Hut (Ghent), or anywhere else.
Luckily, the Belgium server is also one of Surfshark’s P2P servers.
Hence, ensuring the best performance for gamers and fast torrent downloads.
The best part is that you can access local content like RTBF, AB3, and Tipik while on this server.
Here’s how to get it:
- Got your Surfshark account? Get it with these fantastic discounts.
- Download the VPN app for your smartphone or PC.
- Install and launch the app. Then, log in with your username and password.
- Select the suitable protocol. I recommend WireGuard.
- Enter “Belgium” in the search bar.
- Click the Brussels or Antwerp server to connect.
- Enjoy your Belgium IP address.
To get the Belgium P2P server:
- Follow steps 1-4 from above.
- Enter “P2P” in the search bar.
- Scroll to the Belgium P2P server. It’s the one in Antwerp.
- Click the server to connect.
Finally, you can set up MultiHop with this server. Here’s how:
- Follow steps 1-4 from the first guide.
- Click “MultiHop.”
- Click “Got it” on the prompt that appears.
- Click “Create Connection.”
- Select an entry location from the list of servers. Note that the server you pick here won’t be the final IP address you get but the one you use to hide your true IP. I’ll choose Algeria.
- Next, select an exit location. This determines the IP address you get. I’ll choose Belgium.
- Click “Connect” on the prompt showing your connection is ready.
- Enjoy your extra secure connection!
One VPN to Protect Your Devices
Surfshark’s unlimited simultaneous connections ensures it can encrypt internet activities across your PCs, mobile devices, smart TVs, and gaming consoles in Belgium.
Likewise, its unlimited bandwidth promise means you can securely download torrents, unblock 4K Netflix/BBC iPlayer/Hulu/Amazon Prime Video streams, and play resource-heavy games at the same time.
That sounds promising, and you can get it all cheaply using these Surfshark discounts. Did I mention it has a 30-day money-back guarantee to support this offer?