The best way to set up and use Surfshark on Android devices is to download its Android app from the Google Play Store, install it, and set it up for the smartphone.
Afterward, you must log in with your Surfshark account credentials (email and password) and tweak the VPN to your preferred settings before connecting to a server to enjoy airtight protection on all apps and activities.
Of course, there are a few other considerations in between, but I’ll take you through A to Z of the setup procedure.
How to Install and Configure Surfshark on Android?
Ready to get started? Here’s how to download, install, and set up the Surfshark VPN app on Android:
- Grab a preferred Surfshark subscription plan. Take advantage of these Surfshark offers to save more!
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Search for “Surfshark.”
- Tap “Install.” The Surfshark app will be automatically downloaded and installed on your Android device.
- Go to your Android device home screen, locate and launch the VPN App.
- Log in to the VPN with your account details (email and password) created in Step 1.
- Go to Settings and enable the VPN kill switch. This protects your IP/DNS from leaking if the VPN connection drops unexpectedly.
- Go to Settings > VPN settings > Connections > Protocols and choose a suitable protocol. I recommend the WireGuard protocol due to its balance of speed and security.
- Tap “Quick-connect” to connect to the nearest and fastest available VPN server.
- Optional: Tap “Locations” and scroll down or search the server list for your preferred server.
- Test for IP/DNS leaks to ensure you’re assigned a new IP address, not your location IP.
- Congratulations! You’ve now successfully set up Surfshark on Android. Enjoy safe and secure internet access to unblock geo-restricted content anywhere.
Why Is Surfshark a Good VPN for Android?
Surfshark is a superb Android Virtual Private Network with distinctive and superior features. For example, you get:
Surfshark VPN protects your online activities from threats using industry-leading AES 256-bit encryption, keeping you safe from snoopers, hackers, public WI-FI admins, or other third-party operators.
Excellent Connection Speeds
Surfshark VPN offers super-fast connection speeds, enabling Android users to stream and download content online without lag.
To verify, I got 28 Mbps over a 30 Mbps connection during my Surfshark speed tests. That’s a mere 6.7% speed drop – and it didn’t affect my 4K streaming as I only needed at least 25 Mbps to stream full HD and 4K Ultra HD content.
Surfshark VPN lets you connect to unlimited devices simultaneously from a single subscription plan. Therefore, friends or a large family can share one Surfshark account cost-effectively across Android devices.
No Logs Policy
Surfshark VPN offers a no-logs policy. In other words, it doesn’t store or collect details of your online activities like browsing history and DNS requests.
So, even if government or intelligence agencies compel the VPN to share your information, there’ll be nothing to give out.
Extensive Server Network
Surfshark has a reliable kill switch that shuts off your internet connection immediately after your VPN connection drops. That way, your online activities are kept incognito, preventing your sensitive online data from leaking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can use Surfshark’s free trial on Android. The trial period lasts 7 days, within which you can test the VPN features before committing to it.
However, if you forget to cancel the subscription within the 7 days of the free trial, you’ll still be eligible for Surfshark’s 30 days money-back guarantee.
Get Robust Android Security
Setting up and using Surfshark on Android is straightforward and can be concluded in minutes. From then on, you’ll enjoy top-shelf privacy, premium online security, and reliable content unblocking across 3200+ VPN servers in 100+ locations.
Take advantage of my Surfshark discount offers and test these Surfshark Android features for 30 days risk-free!