Surfshark works in Turkey to unblock geo-restricted streaming platforms like Netflix US and Peacock TV US while evading Turk Telecom speed throttling.
With 3200+ servers in over 100 countries, an effective NoBorders feature, and military-grade encryption, Surfshark bypasses BTK censorship to banned social media pages and news sites.
Surfshark also offers a Turkish IP address to secure your Ziraat Bankasi online transactions while using Guntaylar restaurant’s public Wi-Fi network in Istanbul or connecting to Turkish gaming peers in Mersin.
Ready to privately enjoy unrestricted internet from Turkey?
How to Set Up Surfshark on Mobile/PC in Turkey?
You can set up Surfshark on smartphones and PCs in Turkey to access global news channels and geo-restricted content with the VPN’s app.
Follow these steps:
- Purchase a Surfshark subscription. Save big on the long-term plan by grabbing these time-limited discounts.
- Download the appropriate Surfshark app for your devices. I’ll download the Surfshark Windows app for this guide.
- Log in to the Surfshark Windows app with your email address and password.
- Enable the Surfshark VPN kill switch so BTK and Millenicon don’t see your online activities if the VPN connection drops. Go through Settings > VPN Settings and toggle the Kill Switch ON.
- Go to Settings > Protocol and choose “WireGuard.” This lets you stream HD versions of banned YouTube videos and online news channels without security risks or Turkcell speed throttling.
- Connect to an appropriate Surfshark server that bypasses BTK bans to X (formerly Twitter) and Facebook in Turkey. Use the search bar to connect to a specific Surfshark server.
- Ensure your VPN connection is secure by testing for leaks on www.ipleak.net. Your assigned Surfshark IP address should match that on the leak test site.
- That’s it! Catch the latest global news on CNN and BBC or the funniest videos on TikTok and Facebook in Trabzon, Kars, or anywhere else in Turkey free of BTK surveillance or Vodafone Turkey speed throttling.
How to Set Up Surfshark on Smart TV/Gaming Console in Turkey?
You can set up Surfshark on smart TVs or consoles even though these devices don’t natively support VPNs. This is possible using the SmartDNS, virtual router, or router setup methods.
Follow these steps for the virtual router set up (Windows only):
- Purchase a Surfshark subscription (enjoy savings).
- Download the Surfshark Windows PC app.
- Log in to the Surfshark Windows app with your credentials (Email username, password).
- Set up your PC to share a VPN connection to your smart TV or console by following the steps in the video below.
- Connect to your preferred Surfshark server on PC.
- Connect your gaming console or smart TV to the VPN hotspot connection you created in step 4.
- That’s a wrap! Stream the latest English premier league matches or Netflix US shows from the comfort of your Antalya beach resort or while on vacation in Ephesus without worrying about Turk Telekom speed throttling, geo-restrictions, or disconnection issues.
How to Get a Turkish IP Address With Surfshark?
Surfshark offers a Turkish IP address through its Turkey-Istanbul server.
You can connect to this server to secure your Garanti BBVA bank online transactions or grab the latest episodes of Leyla and Mecnun while on the unsecured Grand Akmer Hotel public Wi-Fi in Aksaray.
Follow these steps:
- Get a Surfshark subscription (enjoy discounts).
- Repeat steps 2-5 in the PC/Mobile setup guide.
- Go to VPN > Locations.
- Search for “Turkey,” then click the server to connect.
- That’s it! Use Surfshark’s Turkish IP address to hide your internet activities from malicious actors over unsecured networks or enjoy lag-free Minecraft sessions with Turkish gaming peers.
You can use Surfshark to watch Turkish Netflix from anywhere over the VPN’s Turkey server. However, new Netflix subscribers may need to wait between 2-6 weeks before they’re able to unblock Turkish Netflix content since Netflix sometimes imposes a stronger location lock on new accounts.
You can use Surfshark to get a new Netflix account cheaper over its Turkey servers since the service costs about 50% less than American or European Netflix. If you have an existing Netflix account, wait for the billing period to elapse before trying to get cheaper Netflix via Turkey.
Surfshark lets you watch Turkish YouTube channels and content on your smartphones outside Turkey. You may need to override the device’s GPS location, enable the virtual location feature, or create a new YouTube account while connected to the Surfshark Turkey server to access this YouTube library outside Turkey.
Surf the Web Without Fear
Surfshark offers an extensive server spread (3200+ servers in over 100 countries) to access geo-restricted streaming platforms in Turkey and a Turkish IP address to protect your connection from malicious actors on untrusted networks in Edrine or Samsun.
So, why not secure your internet freedom in Turkey while saving BIG with these time-limited Surfshark deals?