Businesses constantly seek faster data analysis methods. However, even though most executives have heard a thing or two about business intelligence, they do not know how well it can help analyze and visualize data to achieve better-informed decisions.
So, in this piece, we lay out the updated statistics, facts, and trends on business intelligence to stay on top of your game.
7 Key Business Intelligence Statistics (Editor’s Pick)
- The global business intelligence market was worth $27.11 billion in 2022.
- The average spend per BI software employee would hit $7.39 in 2023.
- The BI market is expected to grow at a 7% CAGR between 2022-2032.
- North America led the global BI market in 2022 with a 30.9% market share.
- Power Business Intelligence was the most popular data analytics platform in 2022.
- The global mobile business intelligence market was projected to reach $44.2 billion by 2027.
- In 2021, China’s business intelligence market was worth $29.78 billion.
General Business Intelligence Statistics, Facts & Trends
1. In a 2023 survey, respondents picked data quality management, data-driven culture, and data governance as the most vital business intelligence trends.
Data quality management rose in importance from 7.0/10 in 2019 to 7.5 in 2023. Likewise, data-driven culture surged from 6.4 to 7.3, while data governance rose from 6.5 to 7.0 in the same period.
More than 54,700 businesses used this platform as a BI tool.
Business Intelligence Market Statistics, Facts & Trends
3. The global business intelligence market was worth $27.11 billion in 2022.
The market was expected to reach $29.42 billion in 2023 and $54.27 billion in 2030.
4. The global mobile business intelligence market was projected to reach $44.2 billion by 2027.
Thus, representing an 18.9% CAGR from 2020.
5. Mode was the top (26.16%) global business intelligence market vendor in 2022.
It had over twice the market share of second-placed Tableau (12.52%) as Power BI came in third, with a 7.17% share.
6. The average spend per BI software employee would hit $7.39 in 2023.
Likewise, the segment’s revenue is expected to hit $25.73 billion in 2023, then rise to $32.48 billion in 2027.
7. In 2021, China's business intelligence market was worth $29.78 billion.
This market was expected to grow from 2022 to 2029 by a 5.1% CAGR, hitting $43.50 billion at the end of the forecasted period.
Thus, leaving large enterprises with 42.7%.
While the on-premises business intelligence segment accounted for the remaining 46.92%.
10. The BI market is expected to grow at a 7% CAGR between 2022-2032.
During the steady growth phase, 2026 is expected to record $35 billion in revenues.
This translated into $8.38 billion in revenues, rising from $7.73 billion in 2021.
Business Intelligence Adoption Statistics, Facts & Trends
12. 69% of respondents chose Microsoft Azure as the most critical cloud business intelligence systems provider in 2021.
While Amazon Web Services (55.5%) and Google Cloud (52.5%) came second and third.
13. In 2021, Digital Economy League made around 8.2 billion Russian rubles selling business intelligence solutions in Russia.
This made it the leading vendor in the region, ahead of GlowByte (7.8 billion Russian rubles).
Business Intelligence Users Statistics, Facts & Trends
14. Over 4% of Polish public administration units in 2021 used Business Intelligence tools.
The marshal offices used these tools the most.
15. In 2021, 30% of respondents said the “Operations” role “always” drives business intelligence.
In contrast, 27% of respondents chose “Executive Management” as the role that drove business intelligence in their organizations.
A breakdown of roles/key departments driving business intelligence in the surveyed organizations is tabled below:
|Role||Percentage to “always” drive business intelligence|
|Information Technology (IT)||18%|
|Strategic Planning Function||13%|
|Research and Development (R&D)||9%|
16. 64% of respondents chose “executives” as the primarily-targeted business intelligence users in 2021.
Roughly 41% chose “middle managers,” and 38% chose “contributors and professionals.”
17. In 2021, 52% of respondents chose “better decision-making” as the most important business intelligence objective.
In contrast, 30% were more concerned about cost savings, while 32% believed revenue growth was the most important consideration.
18. Over 40% of corporate staff in 2021 chose “reporting” as the most critical business intelligence technology and strategy.
More than 35% chose “dashboards,” while “data integration” was the most critical for about 35% of respondents.
Business Intelligence Challenges Statistics, Facts & Trends
19. Business data volume rose from 2020 (1 petabyte) to 2022 (2.02 petabytes).
In other words, there was a 42.2% average annual surge within these two years.
20. In 2022, 92% of business respondents chose cultural factors as the main challenge to adopting a data-driven workplace.
Only 8% chose technology limitations as the main challenge for the same reason.
Cloud Business Intelligence Statistics, Facts & Trends
21. 50% of marketing and sales respondents in 2021 believed cloud business intelligence was vital for their businesses.
Research and development respondents (42.5%) came second, followed by respondents in the IT sector (25.5%).
Analyze Your Data Easily
These business intelligence statistics, facts, and trends highlight its market, users, and some challenges to widespread usage and adoption.
However, while analyzing and visualizing data, discover the benefits of using a VPN for your business, including data encryption and security.